Diablo® III

Build for kicking butt in inferno, 8450% dam

that you shouldnt base survival sololy on skill selection, meaning ill have to have this or those will not cut it stuff. If its balanced however the method im sure you will make it (some easier then others yes)
Edited by Xenoheart#1454 on 4/28/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
that expliots wont be needed, that uber players will beat it without such use, with builds they want to use (as long as their geared for it)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 07:48 PMPosted by tenftcoke
It's much more inaccurate to assume 20% evasion does nothing as you did than it is to apply the law of averages.

Hehe, I did say it didn't make much of a difference. That is, while Ignore Pain is up. After it runs out and WotB continues, it does provide a good deal of survivability.

Anyway, like others said, the build is interesting enough that I'll probably want to try it at least once. :)
Reply Quote
sry last para went off topic...im tired....basically peeps like me will still try throught with crazy cocked builds and beat it -if possible. No matter how hard it may be. So for others to keep saying that no that build wont work with said skills is incorrect to me. Gear, gems, runes, follower, weapon choice all also affect a build an if they all amount to the 'necessary need' for choosen tactic/play sytle in a knowledgable an skillful player's hands, they will come out on top
Edited by Xenoheart#1454 on 4/28/2012 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how am i trolling, if anything i was backin you up man. Tho i totally agree that it will be super hard, long an gresume to playthrough with that build, it looks fun an somthin that with right gear, weapon , gems, etc could make it through. Sry if you took my post wrong, just if you look at many posted builds considered 'outhere' builds people jump right to say if wont work and the games not even out
Edited by Xenoheart#1454 on 4/28/2012 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wasnt calling your build an exploit. i was simply trying to say we wont have to limit ourselfs to exploits to beat inferno mode, in my opinion, based on my experience with the new system. This is a complete guess but just doesnt seem to be the way Blizz is goin. If your build was missing all healing for example, peeps would be quick to say you cant heal so it wont work..but this is simply the skills, not the whole build which you could add healing through other means. That insane players on D3 will beat it with crazy skilled builds as long as they balance out in other areas
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Arkatar
Okay, so attack speed increases do not affect skill damage, but do they affect skill speed? Does the 25% attack speed increase the speed at which you use rend? (I think it does). For DoT spells such as earthquake, I was thinking that greater attack speed allows you to do the same amount of damage over a shorter time.Earthquake normally lasts 8 seconds, so if attack speed does affect DoTs, then it would the same damage over 8/1.25 = 6.4 seconds.

I didn't have enough speed difference to really tell whether Rend ticked faster.

Personally, I'm almost certain IAS only affects the speed at which you can use abilities.

04/28/2012 07:36 PMPosted by tenftcoke
I wonder if it affects the attack speed of summons too.

Good question. And now I'm a bit confused, because although I believe IAS doesn't affect DoT ticks, I would expect it to affect the summons' attack speed. Hmmm...

After thinking about it, IAS standing for "increased attack speed", it makes all the sense in the world to have it affect summons' attack speed, yet not affect tick speed.
Edited by Arkatar#1387 on 4/28/2012 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sure, its a lot of damage.

but you do not have nearly enough defensive abilities.

I don't think you red the whole thing. Here's the part you missed.

"The 20% dodge rate of wrath of the berserker, the 65% damage reduction of ignore pain, and the 50% damage reduction of relentless will keep you alive the rest of the time.
The damage that you take will be (1-0.20)(1-0.65)(1-0.50) = (0.80)(0.35)(0.50) = 0.14, a mere 14% damage."

Taking 14% damage while having 20% health is equivalent to taking 100% damage while having 143% health.
So to make it plain easy to understand, you have more effective health than a barbarian does normally even though you are at 20% hp.

Ignore pain with iron hide have a 30 sec cooldown for 7 seconds of damage mitigation. After that you are dead. Also, at 20% hp your health may be more effective but you still can die anytime, because, you know, you are at 20% health.

Also, how the hell will you generate fury???
Reply Quote
why exactly is he dead after 7secs? So his abilities are up and he has to wait 23secs, i dont see him running into the next group :D Theres potions, heals, globes, followers, time...these things will keep him alive. In 7secs with right attunement you can !@#$ %^-* up. What if he killed all ranged mobs on screen first during buffs an now only has slow mobs left inwhich he can simply manuver an kite till hes rdy. I dont remeber Diablo having endless waves, you have to move on to get assaulted again. Just sayin
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Jolts
lol yeah pretty dumb build.

This... Misleading title too

Are you going to AFK while you wait for your 2 minute cooldown to be up again? If you are so weak you have to do that just to kill anything in inferno I'd wager you are better off farming hell until you can kill at a decent pace.
Reply Quote
^ first off its 90secs (85 for CotA)...he can pull a mob away and melee with his follower to gain fury and still has Seismic slam
Edited by Xenoheart#1454 on 4/28/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
waiting 90 seconds between packs would be a terrible way to play a game
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#eRiTjP!SUY!cZacZZ

Read This Before Posting
Relentless (passive skill): "While below 20% life, all skills cost no fury and damage taken is reduced by 50%."

Taking 14% damage while having 20% health is equivalent to taking 100% damage while having 143% health.
So to make it plain easy to understand, you have more effective health than a barbarian does normally even though you are at 20% hp.

This will hopefully clear up some confusion as to how this build works.

Here's how this works, let the enemy mobs get you down to 20% health to let relentless kick in. Then you activate ignore pain, battle rage, wrath of the berserker, call of the ancients and earthquake all at once (a quick 1-2-3-4 across your keyboard).

The 20% dodge rate of wrath of the berserker, the 65% damage reduction of ignore pain, and the 50% damage reduction of relentless will keep you alive the rest of the time.
The damage that you take will be (1-0.20)(1-0.65)(1-0.50) = (0.80)(0.35)(0.50) = 0.14, a mere 14% damage.
Long before ignore pain wears off, you will be swimming in health orbs from earthquake.

Earthquake will be your main damage dealer. It does 2000% damage over 8 seconds, which is doubled by the 100% damage increase of wrath of the berserker, a further 30% increase from battle rage, and 30% from brawler.
That's a total of (2000%)(2)(1.3)(1.3) = 6760% damage

The stacking formula is correct, active skills increase damage multiplicatively. However, I'm not sure how/if the 25% attack speed bonus of wrath of the berserker affects spells like earthquake. If it does, the total would be (2000%)(2)(1.3)(1.3)(1.25) = 8450% damage

For the mobs that are left, call of the ancients and seismic slam will finish them off.

For bosses, just switch the rune of seismic slam to stagger (70% chance of 1.5s stung). This should be enough to pull a semi-perma stun on those bosses (this might sound cheap, but blizzard designed the skill and rune thinking you would actually have to spend 30 rage for each attack).

So for comparison, a wizard does 110% with magic missile, her basic attack. For her to do 6760% damage, she would have to attack 61 times with her magic missile. And that's not accounting for the fact that earthquake does 6760% damage to every enemy within 18 yards, while magic missile only hits one target.

Now the downside to this build is that you have to wait for the 90 second cool down between mobs. The upside is that you can farm inferno mobs that other classes can't even dream of touching.

http://ilsociopatico.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/wtfamireading.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We have found 1 out of _ Trillion different builds that will not work.

Sorry to put it bluntly, but all you have is fury spenders, big ones at that, and no way to gain fury, not to mention having to a minute between packs.

1 build out of the total of 11,393,907,594,854,400 different combinations for barb

unfortunately its not a good build
Edited by Deadlyguy#1385 on 4/29/2012 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can make a better inferno capable build in less time than you have to wait between pulls (90 secs)!
Edited by Ushela#1783 on 4/29/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Regardless of all the criticisms I think you should give it a try - it's one of the great things about this new skill system that if it does not work then no great loss - reset your skills and try a different approach. Only thing to watch for is skill specific gear that you may need to replace. (Hello GAH! ;-)

Interesting build ... I am not brave enough to try it as I intend to play SC Normal to watch the story unfold then HC all the way to hopefully reach Inferno and beyond.
Reply Quote
some are clearly not reading his post, the point was to do so much dmg that *hopefully* he would just kill everything first or almost do so. Im not saying this will work, but hes already almost spiking at 9000dmg% WITHOUT gear, weapons, gems, etc... If this outcome amounts to him being able to go in an kill say 90% of all mobs on screen this would seem possible for at least farming an solo mess'n, likely not bosses or party play. Why do people keep thinking hes just gonna stand still for that 90secs anyways, he still has an attack an a spender....plus if health is an issue the newly found dead mobs will surely provide a globe, let alone heals from followers, or potions... Ok so he does all his dmg at once an may have to wait if he decides to...other builds will have to spent more time fighting due to not being able to pump out that kind of dmg so quickly, not to mention faster kills = less hits taken. Again im not saying it will work like he hopes but damn stop being so quick to pass judgement an saying your paper made build will beat his paper made build based only on numbers from only like half of what makes a persons build-skills.
Edited by Xenoheart#1454 on 4/29/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
too many damn why's in this world, how about why-not
Reply Quote
this is a stupid build..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]