Diablo® III

Build for kicking butt in inferno, 8450% dam

You are going to be threading a needle to get to less than 20% health and 100% dead.

You will need a lot of +health and +vitality items to pull this off.

It is an interesting theory...
Reply Quote
thanks for posting the possibility of dealing so much damage.

obviously people don't read so...why bother with them. will remember this.
Reply Quote
Well the build is two parts. Giant damage from earthquake and multipliers is a good idea for inferno. The benefit from pairing it with this 'let them almost kill you strategy' is... you don't have to spend 50 rage? As for the damage reduction, getting rid of 80% of your health to take 50% less damage puts you at 40% effective HP, doesn't make much sense. Why not just use the passive that makes you generate rage instead of losing it while standing there. You're waiting for cooldowns between packs anyway, by starting with max rage you can fire off several of your big spells why not have rage going into it.

Just picture trying to stay in that 1-20% health range. If the mobs take more than say 5 seconds to kill you then that part of inferno isn't very hard and doesn't require a strategy with drawbacks like this. If they take less than 5 seconds this strategy would lead to constant deaths.
Reply Quote
I think this will shine in inferno for farming champion packs.
You can attack them at full health, once you see red unleash hell.

A full party of 4 same-spec Barbarian doing this would be interesting.
33,800% damage, like hitting them 338 times with a basic attack.

If the monsters are not dead after that, run. In real life.
Do not stop until you're within the protective walls of a church, because shi* just got real...and the monsters will break out your monitor within the hour.
see: TheRing
Reply Quote
Sorry to say but... I highly don't see this working, at all. It would mainly be a "fun" build, but... Inferno is spose to be impossible almost... I really doubt blizzard would give mobs the hp to basically die in 1 hit, even from this. Gl though
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Zerg
I really doubt blizzard would give mobs the hp to basically die in 1 hit

338 hits worth of damage in a short period of time etc but I know what you mean. Inferno champion packs should be able to survive any amount of upfront burst without dying quickly.

If they can't survive it, then inferno will probably be too easy.
Edited by TheCulture#1554 on 4/30/2012 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hehe i kinda like crazy builds like this! Hope it works, cause thats some crazy dmg!
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 06:00 PMPosted by tenftcoke
You still have your Call of the Ancients with 3 guys kicking butt. You can also attack while the earthquake is going on, and note that your still under the effects of Wrath of the Berserker. Seismic slam + Wrath of the Berserker + Battle Rage is no pushover either when you spam due to its huge AOE and knockback. Finally you should have killed a good chunk of the mobs (the little guys at least) with earthquake so you have some juicy health orbs lying around.

You do understand that inferno monsters aren't going to die quickly even with high damage builds right? Any build regardless of damage potential needs to have stamina at that level. You're relying on a lot of skills that have cool downs and you're whole build only holds up if you stay below 20% health. With no way of properly generating fury above 20% you're a goner after a couple of seconds. Good luck getting every enemy that's going to attack you in the next 1.5 minutes with that one earthquake cause once those cool downs wear off you're dead. That's exactly the kind of build that wont make it in inferno.

As a side note it's super boring with all the wait time you'll have to do as well.
Reply Quote
I'll just repeat a major point that people fail to read or understand: free Seismic Slams.

Not saying it'll make the build work 100%, just saying you don't need to wait on cooldowns if you can spam a large aoe knockback ability forever.

Then comes the teleporter+waller+nightmarish champion pack... R.I.P.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You logic is so unbelievably flawed it's not even funny. Sure taking so little damage at 20% health may be equivalent to taking 100% at 143%, but in the hardest difficulties I'd have to guess that taking 100% damage will burn through 143% health almost instantly. You do NOT have more effective health than others, because none of them will take 100% damage, that's insane.
Reply Quote
I'd drop the first passive for the extra 30% damage one, passive rage regen for when you're over 20%, or one for added survivability.

I'd go with [frenzy % health back after every kill] You'll still pump out massive damage, but won't become suddenly very vulnerable after your temp buffs wear off.

If you're above 20% you're generating enough rage to use abilities, if below then it's business as usual. The 8% lifeback frenzy rune seems very nice for survivability.
Reply Quote
You might throw in Overpower with Revel to replace Call of the Ancients to throw in a heal if things get nasty. Another option would be Rend with Bloodlust to hopefully keep your health from dropping. Revenge with Provocation is another option.

I applaud the idea and the patience it would take to pull off but I think that counting on health globes to stay alive in Inferno may be a mistake. It will be interesting to see if Weapon Throw with Dread bomb will drain your fury with Relentless up or not. If it doesn't (presumably a bug), that could be a seriously lethal combo...

Also I think that Wrath of the Berzerker probably won't give you 20% dodge but increase your dodge by that much, throwing off the calculation of your damage reduction.
Reply Quote
I'd go with [frenzy % health back after every kill] You'll still pump out massive damage, but won't become suddenly very vulnerable after your temp buffs wear off.

If you're above 20% you're generating enough rage to use abilities, if below then it's business as usual. The 8% lifeback frenzy rune seems very nice for survivability.

This is only a "decent" approach if you play solo and intend to forgo better abilities for the sake of killing a single monster with Frenzy. "Decent" won't cut it at Inferno difficulty.
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 11:38 PMPosted by UncanyGarlic
Also I think that Wrath of the Berzerker probably won't give you 20% dodge but increase your dodge by that much, throwing off the calculation of your damage reduction.

His calculations are for extra damage reduction, not total. Notice he didn't take into account armor nor the 30% innate reduction of barbarians.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
wont be quite useful in inferno. In one interview, a producer said that your life is doing yoyo. So staying under 50% is really really risky.

Being under 50% to be good will be quite annoying too since its so easy to be full of live in easier difficulty. In the beta the only time i got near 50% is at the 4 pillars.

So stepping on an orb screw you now hehe
Reply Quote
The internal testing team said that you must heavily invest in vitality, resistance and gear repair in inferno, they also said they can spend an hour wiping on one boss. That's one hour of hitting , kiting, healing, spell casting fighting for your life. Based on that I think there is no build that will secure victory with a single blow on that level. You may try this build on nightmare instead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If a single ranged mobs survives your 8 second onslaught, you're boned.

The build will make for some funny youtube videos a few weeks after release, though.
Reply Quote
Its an interesting concept, but the discussion is missing one important point in the dmg mitigation calculation.
Everyone assess the end of the sequence as a most dangerous moment, while most risky moment, in fact, is the time when you are already below 20%, but Ignore Pain is not activated yet.
At this moment you have effective health of less or equal then 40%, which is very very low for the surrounded by mobs barb.
You might be on the 21% before the last hit, still not able to perform the sequence, and the next hit can drop you to 5-6%, or even kill...

Next, the time interval between the moment your barb dropped to 20% (lets say it's perfectly 20%) and the moment you'll activate your skills is essential. I don't think it can be less then 0.5 sec in ideal situation. Still enough time for a pack of mobs to kill a 40% HP char...

Therefore, the usage of this build is not a question of your DPS (I'm pretty sure you'll be able to kill all kind of non-elite mobs), but question of luck playing Russian roulette around the 20% health mark.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]