Diablo® III

How exactly do you join the EU server in D3?

5 Tauren Warrior
I'm a US player and I will not be playing the US server at launch as the group I am part of is mostly EU. How exactly do I play with them? Will I have to download the EU client? If not, I assume there would be some dropdown box I can choose from, similar to D2?
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
Hmm. This makes me wonder though... will I even be able to play with them at launch? Considering EU launches 9 hours before US does... I'm not sure if that's something like "US clients unlock at X time" or rather "EU server launches at X time, US server launches at Y time". Just wondering if I'll have to wait 9 hours compared to my EU friends.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
No one knows?
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
Third times a charm
Reply Quote
I don't think anyone knows bro.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Armored
Considering EU launches 9 hours before US does...

The client will not install on your computer until launch in YOUR region. Since you clearly have a digital edition if you're discussing playing with EU at "their launch," you're unaware of the encryption.

The client setup is encrypted. It will not run until launch for your time zone, or so I've been lead to believe. So no dice :( sorry.

You *can* use a foreign proxy to install it, but that's A) something I've heard, but not done, and B) something that people get banned for.

So... yeah o.o
Edited by Alsier#1102 on 4/28/2012 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
Considering EU launches 9 hours before US does...

The client will not install on your computer until launch in YOUR region. Since you clearly have a digital edition if you're discussing playing with EU at "their launch," you're unaware of the encryption.

The client setup is encrypted. It will not run until launch for your time zone, or so I've been lead to believe. So no dice :( sorry.

You *can* use a foreign proxy to install it, but that's A) something I've heard, but not done, and B) something that people get banned for.

So... yeah o.o

But why would people get banned for being a US player that's planning on playing the EU server anyways? Forcing us to not be part of the EU release is unfair.
Edited by Nakieon#1957 on 4/28/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
bump...
Reply Quote
I think that the launch is concurrent so it will be midnight PST in the US and morning in Europe. I am not sure how the server selection will work since the exact details of server selection have not been shown. It is very likely that it will be very user-friendly thorugh the in-game menus.
Edited by rsim#1286 on 4/28/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 07:43 PMPosted by rsim
I think that the launch is concurrent so it will be midnight PST in the US and morning in Europe. I am not sure how the server selection will work since the exact details of server selection have not been shown. It is very likely that it will be very user-friendly thorugh the in-game menus.

Wrong.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 07:43 PMPosted by rsim

That time is only for US launch. US and EU launches have different times... US launches 9 hours after EU does. However my problem is that while I am from the US I am not playing on the US server, instead I am playing on the EU server, so I am asking how I can be part of the EU launch when I am a US player.

I've tweeted Bashiok, CM_Zarhym, and Jay Wilson repeatedly and they ignore this question for some reason.

https://twitter.com/#!/nakieonn

I've been retweeting the same question for around 4 days now and they won't respond to it.
Edited by Nakieon#1957 on 4/28/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
bump...
Reply Quote
I wonder if they're avoiding the question because, they know what they're going to say is gona upset a lot of people.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
I think that Bashiok / Zarhym / Jay Wilson are avoiding my question on twitter because their answers might upset a lot of people, but a lot of people are already upset that EU gets a 9 hour headstart.

However, I am in the very very extreme minority and only that minority can truly be upset. See, while the EUs do get a 9 hour headstart, they get it on THEIR server. US server will most likely not be open until just before US launch begins. So either way neither side have the same progress. However... since I am a US player and I intend to play on the EU server, I will be joining a server where all of my friends (and rest of the server) will be 9 hours ahead of me.

This is frustrating.

I need a confirmation from a blue on whether I will have to wait 9 hours and be frustrated, or there will not be any restriction and I can play at the EU launch with my EU friends.
Edited by Nakieon#1957 on 4/28/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I need a confirmation from a blue on whether I will have to wait 9 hours and be frustrated, or there will not be any restriction and I can play at the EU launch with my EU friends.

My guess is that changing servers will be just as tedious for D3 as it is for SC2, blizzard really likes region locking for some reason.
Edited by Soupie#1823 on 4/28/2012 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior

If I had to guess, I think that changing servers will be just like it is in sc2. That is just my guess anyways

You can change servers in SC2?
Reply Quote
Why do half of the posts in this thread just say bump?
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Grashnak
Why do half of the posts in this thread just say bump?

04/28/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Armored
However, I am in the very very extreme minority

When no one really cares for my dilemma, I have to bump it myself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]