Diablo® III

How exactly do you join the EU server in D3?

I think that Bashiok / Zarhym / Jay Wilson are avoiding my question on twitter because their answers might upset a lot of people, but a lot of people are already upset that EU gets a 9 hour headstart.

However, I am in the very very extreme minority and only that minority can truly be upset. See, while the EUs do get a 9 hour headstart, they get it on THEIR server. US server will most likely not be open until just before US launch begins. So either way neither side have the same progress. However... since I am a US player and I intend to play on the EU server, I will be joining a server where all of my friends (and rest of the server) will be 9 hours ahead of me.

This is frustrating.

I need a confirmation from a blue on whether I will have to wait 9 hours and be frustrated, or there will not be any restriction and I can play at the EU launch with my EU friends.

If you want to play on a region separate from your own, I don't really see where you have any right to complain about when you get to start. You're going to get to play when all the other people in your region get to play. I don't see how you can be frustrated about that.

And continuously bumping your thread is considered spam. It's right in the sticky at the top of the forums. Just so you know.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Armored
I've tweeted Bashiok, CM_Zarhym, and Jay Wilson repeatedly and they ignore this question for some reason.

Its very simple really. If a US player could play 9 HOURS EARLIER than any other US player just for choosing the EU server...then ALOT OF PEOPLE would switch there just for the sake of playing earlier.
Reply Quote
You can change servers in SC2?

If you own multiple accounts, that are in different regions like one from Europe, and the other from the States; you are able to switch back and forth between the two, but it is arguably tedious.
Reply Quote

Its very simple really. If a US player could play 9 HOURS EARLIER than any other US player just for choosing the EU server...then ALOT OF PEOPLE would switch there just for the sake of playing earlier.

It seems so simple, yet it seems you do not quite understand the actually question he is asking. Which is how (even after the 9 hour head start is over) will we be able to switch to the EU server.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Soupie
It seems so simple, yet it seems you do not quite understand the actually question he is asking. Which is how (even after the 9 hour head start is over) will we be able to switch to the EU server.

Actually, you end up looking like the toolbag by not READING ALL OF THE POSTS.

Hmm. This makes me wonder though... will I even be able to play with them at launch? Considering EU launches 9 hours before US does... I'm not sure if that's something like "US clients unlock at X time" or rather "EU server launches at X time, US server launches at Y time". Just wondering if I'll have to wait 9 hours compared to my EU friends.

Point made.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
I think that Bashiok / Zarhym / Jay Wilson are avoiding my question on twitter because their answers might upset a lot of people, but a lot of people are already upset that EU gets a 9 hour headstart.

However, I am in the very very extreme minority and only that minority can truly be upset. See, while the EUs do get a 9 hour headstart, they get it on THEIR server. US server will most likely not be open until just before US launch begins. So either way neither side have the same progress. However... since I am a US player and I intend to play on the EU server, I will be joining a server where all of my friends (and rest of the server) will be 9 hours ahead of me.

This is frustrating.

I need a confirmation from a blue on whether I will have to wait 9 hours and be frustrated, or there will not be any restriction and I can play at the EU launch with my EU friends.

If you want to play on a region separate from your own, I don't really see where you have any right to complain about when you get to start. You're going to get to play when all the other people in your region get to play. I don't see how you can be frustrated about that.

And continuously bumping your thread is considered spam. It's right in the sticky at the top of the forums. Just so you know.

You juggle the word 'region' when it has multiple meanings in your post... while US is my region, I won't be playing with it at launch. I am not playing on the US server when it goes live, so I should be able to join in on the EU launch.

04/28/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Despard
I've tweeted Bashiok, CM_Zarhym, and Jay Wilson repeatedly and they ignore this question for some reason.

But how is that a problem? The EU server unlocks at EU launch. If US players want to join in the EU launch, they should be able to. D3 doesn't have regional locking, but it does have regional servers (US, EU, and I think a special one for Korea) - so even though I am from the US I should be able to install and play with my EU friends at EU launch.

Blizzard should not put any connection restrictions on anyone for where they're actually from. They should instead focus on the server launch times. For example, obviously the EU server launches first... everyone in the world should be able to play on it, rather than only people from specific regions classified as the "regions that can play on the EU server at EU launch...". Then when the US server opens, anyone can play on it. etc etc.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
04/28/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Soupie
You can change servers in SC2?

If you own multiple accounts, that are in different regions like one from Europe, and the other from the States; you are able to switch back and forth between the two, but it is arguably tedious.

Oh, ok... I knew there was regional locking but I thought you were talking about a way to change regions on the same account. Oh well. :/
Reply Quote
The way I understand it is:

If you buy the US version you can play on the EU servers by simply changing a setting in the options menu. BUT, any items bought off the US RMAH will be locked to the US server as that is your native region.

If you want to play and use the EU RMAH you will probably have to import a EU version of the game
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
The way I understand it is:

If you buy the US version you can play on the EU servers by simply changing a setting in the options menu. BUT, any items bought off the US RMAH will be locked to the US server as that is your native region.

If you want to play and use the EU RMAH you will probably have to import a EU version of the game

You can change servers freely on D3. US version can play on any server. It works similar to D2... there's no regional locking, but there's regional servers.

What I am asking is whether a player from the US can join the EU players at the EU launch of D3.
Reply Quote
upset a lot of peope? im sure they have balls to do that. they have said details will be announced before launch, i guess its not the time yet. i too would love the info but its still 2 weeks to go.

i can wait.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
04/29/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Odin

if this is true, i'll have to call/mal blizz support to ask if my battlenet account is a EU or US account before i assign my CE to it? (I'm in EU but i registered in US.battle.net i think, unsure)

edit: because of the RMAH use i mean

I thought the RMAH was linked to each regional server. Like if you play on the US server then you will buy/sell from the US AH, and vice versa for EU server.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior

I thought the RMAH was linked to each regional server. Like if you play on the US server then you will buy/sell from the US AH, and vice versa for EU server.

Ye but your battlenet account (on website) only shows 1 ballance, i'll try to figure out maybe call blizz few days before release tho, don want to be screwed if i assign CE to US account and cant use RMAH on EU servers.

Well.. technically, would it even matter? You still get to use a RMAH either way.
Reply Quote
Well this is an interesting discussion.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
04/29/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Soupie

Yeah but too bad it's not getting attention from any of the blues. Also, Bashiok/Zarhym/Jay Wilson are still ignoring my tweets. It's so blatantly obvious they've seen my tweet multiple times and still choose not to answer. So much for "keeping in touch with the community".
Reply Quote
You should probably just plan on being 9 hours behind your buddies and calm down.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
04/29/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Runty
You should probably just plan on being 9 hours behind your buddies and calm down.

But... why? That isn't fair to anyone in my position. I would calm down if a blue at least confirmed that this would have to happen just so I know what will happen instead of hoping I can get to play at EU launch. Knowing now is much better than being let down later.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warlock

Yeah but too bad it's not getting attention from any of the blues. Also, Bashiok/Zarhym/Jay Wilson are still ignoring my tweets. It's so blatantly obvious they've seen my tweet multiple times and still choose not to answer. So much for "keeping in touch with the community".

I don't even HAVE twitter and I know that Jay Wilson specifically answered your question over 6 hours ago.

THEN he even responded a second time mentioning how you're conveniently ignoring the fact that he responded and continued to claim that HE was ignoring YOU.

"@yourtwitter @Bashiok @CM_Zarhym not avoiding it. Details aren't announced yet."

"@yourtwitter interesting how you ignored my earlier response."
Edited by Tom#1611 on 4/29/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]