Diablo® III

I do not get it... How???

90 Undead Rogue
Bad
04/29/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Kalarm
Or perhaps Cain is actually Inarius. He IS supposedly living with humans.

book of cain: he is human
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Hunter
I refuse to believe blizzard would make this part of the plot be sooo bad like that. After they just made all those videos of interviews of how they wanted to fix all the plot holes in D1 and 2 and they worked hard to make sure non were left.

An old man surviving this without a scratch does not seem like something Blizzard would just accidentally miss. Its just too large of a plot mistake. Makes no sense.

That is like saying... If Gordon freeman never got on that train in Half-life 2 and then the next Xpac, he somehow survived the Nuke blast and continued with no explanation. It would just not make any sense.

I know games have Plot immunity for main chars, but you do not !@#$ up THAT bad and expect people to ignore it. lol

But this is a PLOT and Story. You do not mess those up. Those are not supposed to have fantasy immunity like the gameplay.
Edited by PoisonLust#1380 on 4/29/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
While we're on the topic:

Teleportation - How is it possible? By law objects with finite mass can't travel at the speed of light? WTF?

Fire Hydra- How is it possible? What is providing the energy for such a flaming creature? I see no carbon rich substances nearby, but yet it still burns? Also how does it seem to have a mind of it's own without a neurological system? WTF?

Zombies - Zombies are dead, but yet alive? They "live" underground for years and without any caloric intake, move and attack as if alive? WTF?

Diablo - We killed him, but he's alive again? WTF?

Sanctuary - Humans haven't found life outside of earth, yet there it is. WTF?

Blizzard - No thermodynamic process describes the instantaneous deposition of water molecules into large shard-like chunks. Where does this change in thermal energy go? Does another part of the universe all-of-a-sudden get warmer as a result? WTF?
Edited by Phlaw#1216 on 4/29/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Cain was trained by Gandalf. Plummeting to your death and then popping back up later aint no thang to old, bearded dudes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
I refuse to believe blizzard would make this part of the plot be sooo bad like that. After they just made all those videos of interviews of how they wanted to fix all the plot holes in D1 and 2 and they worked hard to make sure non were left.

An old man surviving this without a scratch does not seem like something Blizzard would just accidentally miss. Its just too large of a plot mistake. Makes no sense.

That is like saying... If Gordon freeman never got on that train in Half-life 2 and then the next Xpac, he somehow survived the Nuke blast and continued with no explanation. It would just not make any sense.

I know game shave Plot immunity for main chars, but you do not !@#$ up THAT bad and expect people to ignore it. lol

Anyone who does nothing but complains about the story really doesn't know much about the story. If you want to complain about blizzard lore, go to the WoW forums

04/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Phlaw
Diablo - We killed him, but he's alive again? WTF?

Book of Cain hints at what happened here
Edited by Dibblackbird#1264 on 4/29/2012 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Hunter

I know game shave Plot immunity for main chars, but you do not !@#$ up THAT bad and expect people to ignore it. lol

Anyone who does nothing but complains about the story really doesn't know much about the story. If you want to complain about blizzard lore, go to the WoW forums

That was a really dumb comment to say. Blizzard has always upheld high quality with making their storylines and plots make sense and work together. It may be fantasy, but there is always a limit on whats allowed and what is not allowed.

Who would believe an old man would just survive something like that? Either something is up, and the idea is to make you feel cain is alive, or someone made a huge mistake. A game company, you do not just make huge mistakes like that. They did not make huge mistakes like this in D1 and D2, so why start now when we are in the modern days of gaming?
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Farfrombliss
Who would believe an old man would just survive something like that? Either something is up, and the idea is to make you feel cain is alive, or someone made a huge mistake. A game company, you do not just make huge mistakes like that. They did not make huge mistakes like this in D1 and D2, so why start now when we are in the modern days of gaming?

He's not just an old man, he's also a horadrim. And let's be honest, it wasn't a "star" it was a small meteorite. I've dropped thousands of meteorites on my D2 sorceress, but plenty of things survive, and they're no horadric mages.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
That was a really dumb comment to say. Blizzard has always upheld high quality with making their storylines and plots make sense and work together. It may be fantasy, but there is always a limit on whats allowed and what is not allowed.

Well that tells me you don't know who/what the meteor. The meteor or "falling star" is Tyrael. Because it is Tyrael, one of Cain's closest friends, at impact he would do something to save Cain from dying. He is an archangel after all, and has helped Cain visit Pandemonium. Tyreal was thrown from Heaven, landed at the cathedral and managed to save Cain on impact. That simple.

Also to say there were no plot holes in D1/D2 is ignorant. Until just recently they had a huge amount of plot holes that were all fixed with the story of D3 coming out. Until just recently you had no details on who shoved the stone in their head. What/who the wanderer was (besides inside Tal Rasha's tomb).
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Hunter
04/29/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Phlaw

He's not just an old man, he's also a horadrim. And let's be honest, it wasn't a "star" it was a small meteorite. I've dropped thousands of meteorites on my D2 sorceress, but plenty of things survive, and they're no horadric mages.

But I think some of you are missing the point. In all games, the gameplay will always have different rules than the story and videos.

Thats like as if.. Superman was ate a whole bowl of kryptonite on a video game cinematic and nobody was allowed to question it, because in the game he can take some hits from it before getting too weak. It just would not make sense to NOT question it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
But I think some of you are missing the point. In all games, the gameplay will always have different rules than the story and videos.

Thats like as if.. Superman was ate a whole bowl of kryptonite on a video game cinematic and nobody was allowed to question it, because in the game he can take some hits from it before getting too weak. It just would not make sense to NOT question it.

Again you ignore the fact that the meteor is not a meteor.. it's Tyrael. You really think it's "unexplained" how he survived when it is Tyrael that lands in the cathedral?
Reply Quote
While we're on the topic:

Teleportation - How is it possible? By law objects with finite mass can't travel at the speed of light? WTF?

Wormhole: Theoretically possible and allows for the APPEARANCE of faster than light "movement" when you are merely taking a shortcut.

Fire Hydra- How is it possible? What is providing the energy for such a flaming creature? I see no carbon rich substances nearby, but yet it still burns? Also how does it seem to have a mind of it's own without a neurological system? WTF?

Blizzard - No thermodynamic process describes the instantaneous deposition of water molecules into large shard-like chunks. Where does this change in thermal energy go? Does another part of the universe all-of-a-sudden get warmer as a result? WTF?

Both spells energy are the result of linking two wormholes across the planet: Where one blizzard is formed, somewhere else in the world a hydra is formed of the lost heat, and vice versa.
Reply Quote
How did Frodo get all the way to where ever the hell he was going.

Its not real, if you want realistic entertainment watch Game of Thrones and then don't cry when you see a *%@*.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Hunter

Well that tells me you don't know who/what the meteor. The meteor or "falling star" is Tyrael. Because it is Tyrael, one of Cain's closest friends, at impact he would do something to save Cain from dying. He is an archangel after all, and has helped Cain visit Pandemonium. Tyreal was thrown from Heaven, landed at the cathedral and managed to save Cain on impact. That simple.

Also to say there were no plot holes in D1/D2 is ignorant. Until just recently they had a huge amount of plot holes that were all fixed with the story of D3 coming out. Until just recently you had no details on who shoved the stone in their head. What/who the wanderer was (besides inside Tal Rasha's tomb).

Of coarse d1 and d2 had its plot holes, but thats why they fixed them. So why fix it all and just openly make a huge mistake like this? Also, where are your souces that take the meteorite is Tyreal and saved cain from the impact? I know the book of cain says that justice was thrown from the heavens, but thats not enough proof to show why Tyreal would decide to land into cains face and Cain not tell anybody.

If a freaking ball of fire hit me in the face and I survived... Hell no I would not keep it a secret. I would be like, THANK GOD YOU SAVED. WTF MAN, I JUST SURVIVED A BALL OF FIRE TO THE FACE!.. But no, cain does not even mention anything to leah about it. Dont you think it would of been important for cain to tell you about it instead of you searching through the act for the answer of what it was????

Your info is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
Of coarse d1 and d2 had its plot holes, but thats why they fixed them. So why fix it all and just openly make a huge mistake like this? Also, where are your souces that take the meteorite is Tyreal and saved cain from the impact? I know the book of cain says that justice was thrown from the heavens, but thats not enough proof to show why Tyreal would decide to land into cains face and Cain not tell anybody.

If a freaking ball of fire hit me in the face and I survived... Hell no I would not keep it a secret. I would be like, THANK GOD YOU SAVED. WTF MAN, I JUST SURVIVED A BALL OF FIRE TO THE FACE!.. But no, cain does not even mention anything to leah about it. Dont you think it would of been important for cain to tell you about it instead of you searching through the act for the answer of what it was????

Your info is bad.

Why would Blizzard just say "yup that is Tyrael". They wouldn't, just like they didn't let you get past the Skeleton king in the beta. It is because Blizzard doesn't want to give away anything lore wise until the game actually launches. I agree it isn't 100% set in stone, but there is so much backing behind the fact that the meteor isn't just a meteor. And even more backing proves that is in fact Tyrael.

On a side note....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJlQ5XKlTE&ob=av3n

Watch from 2:10 on... and tell me exactly where Cain gets hit by a meteor. Because I see him blown back just like Leah was. Meaning he was blown back.. then fell through the hole left from the impact. The only bad info left in this forum is yours.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Hunter

Your info is bad.

Why would Blizzard just say "yup that is Tyrael". They wouldn't, just like they didn't let you get past the Skeleton king in the beta. It is because Blizzard doesn't want to give away anything lore wise until the game actually launches. I agree it isn't 100% set in stone, but there is so much backing behind the fact that the meteor isn't just a meteor. And even more backing proves that is in fact Tyrael.

On a side note....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJlQ5XKlTE&ob=av3n

Watch from 2:10 on... and tell me exactly where Cain gets hit by a meteor. Because I see him blown back just like Leah was. Meaning he was blown back.. then fell through the hole left from the impact. The only bad info left in this forum is yours.

I do agree that the chances of the meteor being a random meteor is 0%. We know its special.

Wait, what if the meteor is the Black Soulstone? Maybe it kept Cain safe and Leah begins to study the Soulstone after your character finds it? But if it IS Tyreal, I just do not understand why he had to plow cain way down there and not bring Cain back to the surface. If Tyreal is trapped or something from the council and banished to earth, then I would assume cain would of been like.. "Btw, Tyreal, an angel, is underground and trapped. he used the last of his power to save me, but we need to rescue him by finding the black soulstone or whatever.

So Hero... stop staying here and listening when time is ticking!
Edited by PoisonLust#1380 on 4/29/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

who told every one the meteor IS without a doubt Tyrael? It could just be a big rock or a demon.
Who told you you saved THE REAL CAIN? it can be someone who acts like him, (like baal acts as Tyrael in the cinematics of D2)
So maybe CAIN IS DEAD
You saved something which is disguised as Cain so he can use you (or Leah).
Maybe that person is Azmodan and i trying to get closer to leah to disrup her plans
(you know what Azmodan says to her in her dream about the black soulstone)

Or it could the lesser evil whitch is named the lord of lies(or something like that, i can t remember the names of these)

All this and the whole thread is theory crafting and NO ONE (whitch will post here (aka bliz posters will not respond to this thread)) knows for SHURE what happened there
Edited by OnionRing#1423 on 4/29/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
I do agree that the chances of the meteor being a random meteor is 0%. We know its special.

Wait, what if its the Black Soulstone? Maybe it kept Cain safe and she begins to study the Soulstone after your character finds it? But if it IS Tyreal, I just do not understand why he had to plow cain way down there and not bring Cain back to the surface. If tyreal is trapped or something from the council and banished to earth, then I wouls assume cain would of been like.. "Btw, Tyreal, an angel, is underground and trapped. he used the last of his power to save me, but we need to rescue him by finding the black soulstone or whatever.

So... stop staying here and listening when time is ticking!

You really need to read before trying to talk anymore. That proves you know nothing of the black soulstone at all. If you really want to argue lore, know what you are arguing about. Also if it is Tyrael and he was thrown to the surface. Do you really think he could just get up and say "oh by the way, how's it going?"

If something threw Tyrael from Heaven, it would have to be something very powerful. Oh wait, you say there is something powerful up there? Imperious? Crazy!
To think that Imperious was to beat Tyrael within an inch of his life (or whatever life cycle they have) and then threw him down. I don't think he would be getting up right away. And again, if Tyrael was to fall that fast I doubt he could just control where he lands. He was more than likely thrown as hard as Imperious can throw something, and just aimed for the cathedral as best he could so he could warn Cain of what is happening.

who told every one the meteor IS without a doubt Tyrael? It could just be a big rock or a demon.
Who told you you saved THE REAL CAIN? it can be someone who acts like him, (like baal acts as Tyrael in the cinematics of D2)
So maybe CAIN IS DEAD
You saved something which is disguised as Cain so he can use you (or Leah).
Maybe that person is Azmodan and i trying to get closer to leah to disrup her plans
(you know what Azmodan says to her in her dream about the black soulstone)

All this and the whole thread is theory crafting and NO ONE (whitch will post here (aka bliz posters will not respond to this thread)) knows for SHURE what happened there

You do make a good point, mostly because a lot of people are thinking that Cain could actually be Belial at this point. There is no way it could be Azmodan, even from the little bit we have seen of him you can easily see that isn't his style. However Belial "Lord of Lies" would do this for sure. Belial even has servants that disguise themselves as humans inside D3 that will randomly attack you.
Edited by Dibblackbird#1264 on 4/29/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
how can someone play a game with close to none realism, and make a remark on realism
thats like questioning the bible on realism
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]