Diablo® III

I do not get it... How???

50 Worgen Hunter
I do agree that the chances of the meteor being a random meteor is 0%. We know its special.

Wait, what if its the Black Soulstone? Maybe it kept Cain safe and she begins to study the Soulstone after your character finds it? But if it IS Tyreal, I just do not understand why he had to plow cain way down there and not bring Cain back to the surface. If tyreal is trapped or something from the council and banished to earth, then I wouls assume cain would of been like.. "Btw, Tyreal, an angel, is underground and trapped. he used the last of his power to save me, but we need to rescue him by finding the black soulstone or whatever.

So... stop staying here and listening when time is ticking!

You really need to read before trying to talk anymore. That proves you know nothing of the black soulstone at all. If you really want to argue lore, know what you are arguing about. Also if it is Tyrael and he was thrown to the surface. Do you really think he could just get up and say "oh by the way, how's it going?"

If something threw Tyrael from Heaven, it would have to be something very powerful. Oh wait, you say there is something powerful up there? Imperious? Crazy!
To think that Imperious was to beat Tyrael within an inch of his life (or whatever life cycle they have) and then threw him down. I don't think he would be getting up right away. And again, if Tyrael was to fall that fast I doubt he could just control where he lands. He was more than likely thrown as hard as Imperious can throw something, and just aimed for the cathedral as best he could so he could warn Cain of what is happening.

who told every one the meteor IS without a doubt Tyrael? It could just be a big rock or a demon.
Who told you you saved THE REAL CAIN? it can be someone who acts like him, (like baal acts as Tyrael in the cinematics of D2)
So maybe CAIN IS DEAD
You saved something which is disguised as Cain so he can use you (or Leah).
Maybe that person is Azmodan and i trying to get closer to leah to disrup her plans
(you know what Azmodan says to her in her dream about the black soulstone)

All this and the whole thread is theory crafting and NO ONE (whitch will post here (aka bliz posters will not respond to this thread)) knows for SHURE what happened there

You do make a good point, mostly because a lot of people are thinking that Cain could actually be Belial at this point. There is no way it could be Azmodan, even from the little bit we have seen of him you can easily see that isn't his style. However Belial "Lord of Lies" would do this for sure. Belial even has servants that disguise themselves as humans inside D3 that will randomly attack you.

Ok fair enough...

But If I was hit by a car and nearly killed, I would not got home and not tell anybody. Besides.. that would not make any sense on why cain would not let your hero or leah know about it, why let us waste our time searching for what the meteor was? That was the whole purpose of why the Barbarian came there at least.
Edited by PoisonLust#1380 on 4/29/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Even fantasy games have rules every ones must respect, if not NOTHING will make sense.
Have you not heard anything about Mass Effect 3 ''Space Magic''? it caused a big fuss and forced EA to create a dlc to try to fix the problem about the ending not fallowing the rules Mass Effect had set.
Reply Quote
...am I the only one who thought... "Cain wasn't killed? OF COURSE HE WASN'T KILLED IT'S FLIPPIN CAIN!... STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN !@#$%ES!!"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
Ok fair enough...

But If I was hit by a car and nearly killed, I would not got home and not tell anybody. Besides.. that would not make any sense on why cain would not let your hero or leah know about it, why let us waste our time searching for what the meteor was? That was the whole purpose of why the Barbarian came there at least.

Well after that comment I realize this is getting nowhere very fast. There is no getting through to you so I will just say, Cain is superman, see you at launch.
Reply Quote
How is he supposed to die later in D3 if he dies in the beginning?
Reply Quote
That's like asking how a frail old man stands in front of a Balrog with a staff and a 1h sword all by himself, reflects all of it's attacks, then falls a couple of thousand feet only to magically end up on top of a mountain where he finally kills the Balrog, all solo.

It's called MAGIC.
Reply Quote
He did not get hit by the star per se.

the star created a pit, and he fell into the pit.

It's different.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
He did not get hit by the star per se.

the star created a pit, and he fell into the pit.

It's different.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
I keep watching that stupid video over and over and keep thinking....

How in the freaking world does an old man that can barely walk, which must be around like 150 years old by now, survive a huge meteor to the face, plummet down the heights of multiple floors while in a massive ball of fire, survive the impact, not get killed by undead for 6 days while he was trapped down there, and manage to not get a single hair singed, nor get his robe dirty or torn. Let alone even survive...

If anything... this man has the power of Hollywood backing him up. The only place a man can survive a bomb and come out with only some scratches while dodging 50,000 bullets.

So.. uh, what gives? If its a good thing, like an angel or something, what kind of greeting is that?!?!

Hey Bro whats up? BAM! RIGHT IN THE FACE. Naw, im just kidding, sorry if your face hurts.

Cain knows magic, he just doesn't flaunt it. I bet when the meteor hit him he reached deep into his inner power source and conjured a spherical shield ciompletely surrounding him.
Reply Quote
maybe he was the one who casted the spell ''meteor'' to prove to Leah that all he was saying was true and that he is important and all but he messed up, he create 4 meteors instead of one and aimed one at himself. (he was a bit rusty not having used magic for a long time)

He tried to go away but the he remembered that the caster of a spell cannot be harmed by it and he stopped. He got hit point blank and the floor beneat him broke and he fell down.

Once again in Diablo there is no instance where people actually died from falling thus we can say that fall damage doesn t exist in that universe
and the caster cannot be harmed by his own spell.
So Cain got rly no reason at all to talk about that event since he was never really in danger and he doesn t ask what that meteor was since he created it with his magic.
Edited by OnionRing#1423 on 4/29/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Bad
04/29/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Kaneda
Cain knows magic, he just doesn't flaunt it. I bet when the meteor hit him he reached deep into his inner power source and conjured a spherical shield ciompletely surrounding him.

again, didn't hit him
Reply Quote
Posted by KalarmOr perhaps Cain is actually Inarius. He IS supposedly living with humans.book of cain: he is human

i actually thought cain was Inarius too after i read the book
Reply Quote
what forces Cain to write the thruth in his book? he chooses to write what ever he want, even lies if he wants to confuse people that will play heroes soon
Reply Quote
because Cain is the last of the Horadrim, and if he died, then nobody would be able to bother me about trivia and identify all my stuff for me.
Reply Quote
Cain is Diablo... come on dude!
Reply Quote
Unrealistic mechanics and unrealistic plot are 2 completely different concepts. The former is allowed in games because, well duh, it's a game, where gameplay is crucial. There are mechanics in games that you are used to, and do not hinder your enjoyment of the story. In fact, focusing on making mechanics realistic might very well reduce the fun factor of the game itself.

Plot realism is different. Firstly, people do not apply the same logic to both the gameplay and the story. I don't mean that the laws of physics must be observed in the story, but a story is expected to make sense. It does not have to be something that can happen in real life, but it must not be counter-intuitive.

The current problem with Cain is that:
1. He is not shown to have any abilities what-so-ever
2. He survived a catastrophic event with no injuries
3. He survived many days in a monster den with no injuries
4. He ran into apparently life-threatening trouble right after the player found him

It is not just unrealistic in the factual sense of the word. It does not make sense. Many stories do some handwaving when they encounter such problems, but even that is better than not explaining anything at all. That's the problem we have here: there is simply no explanation. It's taken for granted that Cain survives. Just because.
Enemies dropping weapons we can simply say: gameplay requirement. What can we use to explain this situation then? Plot requirement? Then that's a bad plot, because there is no reason why there couldn't be a better explanation, especially in a world that's filled with magic.

04/29/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Kaneda

Such things are what players are looking for, not that I support this explanation. It is not realistic since there's magic involved, but it makes sense. Although still, it doesn't explain why he acted so helpless when the player discovered him.
Edited by Fey#1175 on 4/29/2012 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Because Cain is Belial.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Thorgoroth
Maybe Cain did die, and the thing you rescued is not him at all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]