Diablo® III

Griefers: what can Blizzard do?

I would like to know what steps blizzard is taking to deal with griefers.

I hope there is something they can do.

Causing another person's suffering intentionally is morally wrong, regardless of the environment it takes place in. You cannot justify it within the rules of a society, any society.

I understand limitations do exist on what Blizzard may do, and yet for the sake of the majority I hope they do their best to confine griefing to a minimum.
Reply Quote
Here's a thought.

Only play with people you trust.

Wow.. I just solved a problem and I'm not even part of Blizzard. How much do I get paid for then?
Reply Quote
i thought with no pvp in playthrough that the problem is solved
Reply Quote
Oh god, not an ebully fanboy
Reply Quote
INTERVIEWER: Tell me, class balance, what exactly would you like humans to know about dogs?

DOG: Oh, a 6th secret class. There is a lot. First, there is that PvP-chasing thing. We like PvP-chasing a lot, but we like it because we like moving things. That is why we also chase RMAH fees and cats. Cats are especially fun because they run Poodles up trees, and that provides us with an extra challenge.

INTERVIEWER: Okay, so we've covered dogs chasing things. What else should humans know about dogs?

DOG: Baths. They are a human invention. Dogs roll in Leah = Diablo stuff so we can stink, and then humans wash us off. This defeats the purpose! This makes dogs feel Achievments Transferring Over, and we really wish people would stop washing us.

INTERVIEWER: So baths are...

DOG: (interrupting) And another thing! Barking and growling. We bark to get messages to our friends No Ladder Rankings and Jay Wilson has not finished inferno down the street. Our communication system breaks down when humans tell us to “stop barking!” We don't tell humans to get off the telephone. And you Am I doing this right? at us if we growl. Well, why is it that people can Am I doing this right? at us, but when we growl, which is our way of yelling, people get mad at us. It's just not fair!

INTERVIEWER: Yes, I understand. I'll pass this along to our audience. Thank you for your time, class balance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have enough RealID friends that I will only ever have to play Private games, only want to play Private games, and only WILL EVER play Private games.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
Random example, off the top of my head.

Party of HC characters and a Monk is relied upon to heal when necessary.

Monk decides to be an !@# and not heal when someone's about to die, maybe because of something said in chat earlier.

Plenty of ways to grief, but I don't know much that Blizzard can do about it.
Reply Quote
I would like to know what steps blizzard is taking to deal with griefers.

I hope there is something they can do.

Causing another person's suffering intentionally is morally wrong, regardless of the environment it takes place in. You cannot justify it within the rules of a society, any society.

I understand limitations do exist on what Blizzard may do, and yet for the sake of the majority I hope they do their best to confine griefing to a minimum.

Uh...you haven't been following development much eh?

You get your own loot, it's not shared---so there's no click wars.
There's no open-world pvp, and no plan for it currently, so someone can't just turn on you in battle.

Really the only thing allowed would be trying to chain monsters to you...which takes a lot more effort and skill and might not even be possible?(We've gotta wait to release to see how possible it is).

And where it matters, like inferno mode...it seems like it'd be pretty hard to drag monsters to someone without dying.
Reply Quote
View profile
Stay away from public games and only play with people you know. There you go, no griefers.
Reply Quote

Monk decides to be an !@# and not heal when someone's about to die, maybe because of something said in chat earlier.

This seems fine, Don't be a loser in chat and don't rely to greatly on randoms in HC.
Solved.
Edited by Kaiten#1217 on 4/29/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
D2 HC--I only play with ppl I know and trust.... never a problem
Reply Quote
ITT: avoiding the problem = solving it
Reply Quote
Here's a thought.

Wow.. I just solved a problem and I'm not even part of Blizzard. How much do I get paid for then?

So...how do you meet people you trust? Unless you are saying that only people with IRL gamer friends should group in Diablo?

OP, the best tools they can provide are:

1) A block/ignore system which is *worryingly* not in the beta.

2) Moderation. Banning or suspending account access of people who grief and troll in games.
Reply Quote
There is always gonna be griefers in games, trying to prevent griefing and keeping the game intergrity is like cutting a brick wall with a butter knife, Terrible metaphore but you should understand where i'm getting at.
Edited by Jncocontrol#1960 on 4/29/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I would certainly like a block/ignore list.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Magmatics

You need to take a philosophy class, or at least a logic class. Properly backing up your (rather subjective) views is a large part of any persuasive argument.
Reply Quote

This seems fine, Don't be a loser in chat and don't rely to greatly on randoms in HC.
Solved.

Simply put - that should never ever be the case. All the classes can heal themselves in one way or another. This is not an MMO - no class is a designated 'healer' or should be treated as such.

If you are relying solely on somebody else to heal you to survive - and in HC - you aren't doing it right.
Reply Quote
Simply put - that should never ever be the case. All the classes can heal themselves in one way or another. This is not an MMO - no class is a designated 'healer' or should be treated as such.

If you are relying solely on somebody else to heal you to survive - and in HC - you aren't doing it right.

This; the monk does not have consistent healing ability (long cooldowns compared to incoming damage), and especially not on a level where they can be relied on to "keep the group alive."

If you piss off your "healer" in HC mode, you're probably not very bright to begin with. But like I said before, Monk doesn't have that kind of healing ability.
Edited by Alsier#1102 on 4/29/2012 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here's a thought.

Oh, so you think it's fair to punish someone who doesn't have friends and would like to make some? Yeah, that sounds like a great solution.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]