Diablo® III

Griefers: what can Blizzard do?

04/29/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Magmatics
Causing another person's suffering intentionally is morally wrong, regardless of the environment it takes place in. You cannot justify it within the rules of a society, any society.

That's why the internet is prized for it's anonymity. You generally don't have to deal with the consequences of your actions.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Morisato
Oh, so you think it's fair to punish someone who doesn't have friends and would like to make some? Yeah, that sounds like a great solution.

Who said anything about punishing? He just suggested that you not put your HC characters on the line for some random people you've never met.

It's COMMON SENSE, not a suggestion that you should suffer.

Idiocy...

The way you seem to look at it, it's all Blizzard's responsibility to make sure that you're all safe and snug while you make friends. It's not. Play with others at your own risk; the internet is a mean place sometimes.

Make some good friends, play with them. There aren't THAT many d-bags waiting to screw you over.
Edited by Alsier#1102 on 4/29/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Alsier
Causing another person's suffering intentionally is morally wrong, regardless of the environment it takes place in. You cannot justify it within the rules of a society, any society.

You need to take a philosophy class, or at least a logic class. Properly backing up your (rather subjective) views is a large part of any persuasive argument.

Ah, yes, thank you for that high school freshman knowledge.

If I was attempting to write a persuasive argument I would site sources and make the entire work much more in-depth. However, because this is a game forum and not a philosophy or rhetoric (or even logic) class, I don't need to craft such an argument. I began by asking what a company could do about griefers, and followed that with some personal opinions (or philosophies, as they are known), and in so doing created a simple forum post upon which I had hoped I would find some respectable answers. My philosophy was as stated. My logic was simple and unmarred. Was it subjective? Of course. Kindly forgive my ever-so-inferior mind for thinking I could do naught but otherwise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]