Diablo® III

Needing some assistance on final decision!

Alright, I know I'm an adult I should be cable of making a decision about what character im launching with but damn. I'm having an internal battle with myself daily now as we creep closer to launch. I keep teeter tottering back and forward between the Demon hunter and the Wizard. I feel they both have devastating Ofensive and fortified defensive skills. Demon hunter with the tactical feel and lauching arrows by the millions at demons that present an obstacle to you to getting to defeating the evils of sanctuary. The Wizard presents me with the power of deep magics and controlling the elements to blasty holes in the most dense and powerful mobs that create the up most challenge to any foe willing to chanllenge them. So I ask for the people in the Diablo community to shed some light on both characters and give your honest opinions on what you guys believe which would be the best decision. Thanks and see you guys at launch. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Best bet, go with the demon hunter. They look really cool and have really graphic abilities.

Also if you end up not liking the demon hunter im sure it wont be that hard to make another character to 60 later on anyways =P

best of luck.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just ignore people like him, rude people.
Reply Quote
lol you guys are ridiculous I come on the forums to get just honest peoples opinions and views but I guess forums cant be forums without trolls. but hey what can you do just sit back an watch the immature people type all kinds of BS on people serious forums about a game. No sweat off my sack :P
Reply Quote
Best bet, go with the demon hunter. They look really cool and have really graphic abilities.

Also if you end up not liking the demon hunter im sure it wont be that hard to make another character to 60 later on anyways =P

best of luck.

Thanks For sharing your opinion it helps hearing others serious views on a game you've waiting quite a while for. :D
Reply Quote
You're like the people who come to my work and ask me what kind of sandwich they should eat.
I hate those people.

yes very true, but you can eat both sandwiches the same time or combine them so your statement has no substance. Thank you :)
Reply Quote
Lots of jerks on the forums these days...

I'm right there with you - I'm torn between wizard/deamon hunter/Witch doctor

I'll probably go with whatever tickles my fancy on May 15th.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 07:54 PMPosted by frost
Play out the first act with both then go with the one that you like the best

I thought about that but I would like to start with one character and take them all the way before I start a new one. That way I could possibly built gear for which ever i didn't start with.
Reply Quote
Hey man, if you cant decide, do what i'm going to, and play every class through normal. after that decide which one you enjoyed playing the most, and finish the rest of the game with that class. It works great for tweaking your other classes with loot that might not be so good for the class your playing with. When you do end up finishing with your main hero, you have pools of loot to look forward to while leveling up your other classes.
Reply Quote
I like the play style for both. My biggest concern with the demon hunter is that it has such a narrow selection of usable weapons -- most of its skills won't work with anything but bows. That's a big constraint compared to every other class.

On the other hand I expect Wizard to be very popular, and this will create an issue for folks active in the trading / AH community -- Wizard gear will be more in demand and harder to come by compared to some of the less popular classes.
Reply Quote
Lots of jerks on the forums these days...

I'm right there with you - I'm torn between wizard/deamon hunter/Witch doctor

I'll probably go with whatever tickles my fancy on May 15th.

Its truly hard my friend. I feel that Blizzard really out done themselves this time they pulled together some pretty amazing characters in this game and it has became incredibly hard for many people to choose between 5 intensly design characters. D2 never presented this challenge for me. D3 is a completely different story :)
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 07:37 PMPosted by BlitzRapala
Alright, I know I'm an adult I should be cable of making a decision about what character im launching with but damn. I'm having an internal battle with myself daily now as we creep closer to launch. I keep teeter tottering back and forward between the Demon hunter and the Wizard. I feel they both have devastating Ofensive and fortified defensive skills. Demon hunter with the tactical feel and lauching arrows by the millions at demons that present an obstacle to you to getting to defeating the evils of sanctuary. The Wizard presents me with the power of deep magics and controlling the elements to blasty holes in the most dense and powerful mobs that create the up most challenge to any foe willing to chanllenge them. So I ask for the people in the Diablo community to shed some light on both characters and give your honest opinions on what you guys believe which would be the best decision. Thanks and see you guys at launch. :)

I agree
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Duztyer
Hey man, if you cant decide, do what i'm going to, and play every class through normal. after that decide which one you enjoyed playing the most, and finish the rest of the game with that class. It works great for tweaking your other classes with loot that might not be so good for the class your playing with. When you do end up finishing with your main hero, you have pools of loot to look forward to while leveling up your other classes.

Well your view does sound logical but i dont know if i can have the patenice to just playing act 1 with all characters unitl i decide which would be my final. it would be succuess in the end cause you would definitely build more gear using the character you came to a conclusion to and be able to set aside other gear for future characters that you have tested a little with. Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
I like the wizard. Blasting enemies with magic looks cool.
Reply Quote
I like the play style for both. My biggest concern with the demon hunter is that it has such a narrow selection of usable weapons -- most of its skills won't work with anything but bows. That's a big constraint compared to every other class.

On the other hand I expect Wizard to be very popular, and this will create an issue for folks active in the trading / AH community -- Wizard gear will be more in demand and harder to come by compared to some of the less popular classes.

That what's my concern was with the wizard because of the high demand of gear it will have being one of the most popular clases most will start with. I really dont want to be flipping couches when I see the auction house with jacked up prices on wizard's gear. To me that some stess i would like to avoid but its envitable lol.

The Demon hunter having some restrictions on some of the skills you could work around it. i hopefully plan on using a bow with the Demon hunter if the DPS is possible with the bows compare to the HXBs. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]