Diablo® III

DH support Barb tank inferno build

85 Night Elf Druid
In our inferno group it looks as if I'll be the primary damage, while having a barb in front for tanking and a couple support classes(monk and WD it sounds like). What do ya think?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acYkdQ!UeY!bYZcZa

Shatter shot for primary hatred regen
Rapid fire for hosing down enemies, maybe a more single target rune would be better here?
Caltrops w/ immobilizing, incase teleporters get near me
Vault, incase I need an emergency get out skill
Multi w/ hatred reducer, the basic aoe skill
Turret w/ 15% damage reduced- 1 out at a time just as a support for group

Engineering, turret and caltrops last longer, for longer fights.
Other passives for general damage, planning on Bow as primary if given option.
Reply Quote
Decent, hits all the main points. I'd go with a single target rune for rapid fire definitely, since multishot is your aoe move already.

Go with double hizzes as primary if given the chance, they are sexah.
Reply Quote
For rapid fire I'd suggest either bombardment rune for more damage or web shot for a good slow to pick up guys that slip past your barb.

I would think about trying to pick up marked for death somehow as it works well with a party, either runed with valley of death so you can throw it over everything around your barb or death toll for a bit of life leech for the whole group.

To open up a skill slot for MfD you might consider dropping caltrops and vault in favor of SS as it let's you keep dishing out the damage and hopefully the mobs attacking you will run back to beat on the barb.

If you do stick with vault I would swap the rune for something else as you aren't going to be vaulting into groups of mobs if you can help it.

Overall nice build though, looks like fun.
Reply Quote
I would switch out Sentry maybe for Prep and Custom Engineering for Cull the weak. With a full group many of the mobs are going to be slowed by various abilities and that will give you an additional 15% dmg. I say get rid of Sentry because with a Monk in your group it is unlikely you'll want that extra 15% dmg reduction over something else that would help out your overall dmg; up to you though.

Nice build.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Here's the updated setup... Let me know if you think it's better, worse, or roughly equal to previously mentioned!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acjkXQ!ceY!bZZcaa

I like the idea of the slow buff if other classes are likely to give it(we'll see?) However it will make my rapid fire do 15% extra damage 100% of the time(or nearly). I just hope smoke screen will get me out of binds when I really need it, assuming my tank is with hopefully that won't be too often. The turret is staying due to group support, and a little extra damage. Using one every time I hit max discipline sounds like it should be good, plus throwing a couple aoe MfD's down might be nice, however I'll have to play around a bit with the lifesteal rune once I hit 60. Plus considering difficulty of bosses vs. normal mobs.
Reply Quote
Here's the updated setup... Let me know if you think it's better, worse, or roughly equal to previously mentioned!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acjkXQ!ceY!bZZcaa

I like the idea of the slow buff if other classes are likely to give it(we'll see?) However it will make my rapid fire do 15% extra damage 100% of the time(or nearly). I just hope smoke screen will get me out of binds when I really need it, assuming my tank is with hopefully that won't be too often. The turret is staying due to group support, and a little extra damage. Using one every time I hit max discipline sounds like it should be good, plus throwing a couple aoe MfD's down might be nice, however I'll have to play around a bit with the lifesteal rune once I hit 60. Plus considering difficulty of bosses vs. normal mobs.

I like the idea of MfD for Increased Grp dmg. If you find the 15% shield unnecessary for any reason, you can swap it out for prep/battlescars or prep/focused mind to have a nice non stop flow of Disc to fuel MfD's on literally everything and SS.
Reply Quote
I'll have to see how it plays out, but Grim Reaper seems a little more appealing to me than Valley of Death, though the natural applications are different I suppose.

Grim Reaper I'd see marking a high health target at the front of a pack and burning it down with focused fire, or just AoEing the whole group, everything that hits that target AoE's for 12%. Similar to what Valley of Death would do except it's the full 30 seconds, 20 yards instead of 12, and it moves with the group.

The downside of course is that if the pack is all the same HP the initial target will die long before the rest, and you may not need more than 15 seconds anyway. But those are probably easier packs to deal with anyway... maybe :)

I wonder how many of our builds will start dropping out multiple damaging abilities for Shadow Power and other defensive skills once our heads start rolling in Inferno, lol.
Reply Quote
I would either switch out Rapid Fire entirely for Impale or at least put the Bombardment rune on it. If you want to be the main damage dealer in your group, you're going to want a single target that is actually good.

I would also think about putting one of the damaging runes on Vault. If someone else is responsible for rounding up all the mobs then you probably don't need to stun the enemies wherever you're going (most likely out of the fight). Unless you wanted to use Vault to save your barb tank by rolling into him when he has a large group on him. That could be a possibility.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]