Diablo® III

My DH Build - please critique

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aeRhXS!Yce!YZZbaY

Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow
Has potential to do large amounts of damage, especially for being a hatred generator.

Chakram - Serpentine -
"slow" curve allows for maxium attention to spamming frost arrow to maintain a slow.

Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow
Spam this when you have your traps and chakrams on the field.

Fan of Knives - Hail of Knives
Use on CD or when needed.

Smoke Screen - Displacement
Use this to get out of a bad situation.

Spike Trap - Lightning Rod
always keep up.

Passives:
Steady Aim
Cull the Weak
Archery
Edited by Mortality#1430 on 5/1/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I dig it, good dps though I think smoke screen and fan of knives and a 1 second slow for Frost Arrow doesn't give enough escapes, of course this comes down to how skilled you are at evading and micromanaging intelligent movement to aid your build so I don't know much of what i say is theory or fact.

I don't like the lightning rune on the spike trap, but I'd actually have to see the mechanics to verify my thoughts on how it will work.

Cull the weak is excellent for FoK spam and chakram so I do think it's smart. I however don't like steady aim, I would take Tactical Advantage (for the 60% movespeed) and replace the rune in your smokescreen to something else or just simply take sharpshooter (if this is a end game build not a leveling build)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Personally, I feel like you may run into hatred issues if you really keep 3 traps up (90 hatred) plus the chakrams (10 each) plus the frost arrows (10 each) and then FoK (not really a big deal though due to CD). Either way I just think that you will be using hungering arrow more than you think you will be to replenish hatred but that isn't necessarily a bad thing because hungering arrow is great damage anyways

Just thought I'd point that out but still looks like a great build :)
Reply Quote
I think you have too many hatred spenders.

I would suggest you grab at most 1 single target spender and 1 aoe spender.

Pick up some utility skills instead: companion, sentry, marked for death, caltrops.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the input. I will take this all into consideration.

Edit:
I made some changes
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aeRTXl!Yce!YZZZaY

Still sticking with the Frost arrow/serpentine theme I however removed FoK and the traps to make room for bat companion to assist in hatred generation and I also added rain of vengeance with the anathema rune which cost no hatred.
Edited by Mortality#1430 on 5/1/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A little better, except now you only have a single target slow and no instant speedboost. I'd keep the bat companion but ditch the rune on smoke screen for movement and remove the cull the weak if you're only going to benefit from the damage from one damage type.

Picking and choosing can be a !@#$%.
Reply Quote
A little better, except now you only have a single target slow and no instant speedboost. I'd keep the bat companion but ditch the rune on smoke screen for movement and remove the cull the weak if you're only going to benefit from the damage from one damage type.

Picking and choosing can be a !@#$%.

Im getting tired...will try and refine it in the morning. Thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
NPman, i'm a huge min-maxer. Used to play FPS's and RTS's competitively so I try to go for whatever makes the most sense after painstaking trial and error, although the mechanics at this point for much of the weapons are still unknown to me.

Nite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]