Diablo® III

Digital copy/install when?

Whats the earliest ill be able to install my digital copy of D3?. or will it be only at 5:01 pm ill b able to install it?

also i have a problem with my battle tag keeps going to D3beta cant post when it does it, so annoying!
Reply Quote
Would love to know this too! Hopefully we can install it atleast an hour before the servers go live
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@Blizzard_ANZ on twitter has stated that on May the 15th "you can install anytime but servers go live later in the day."

@Bashiok previously on twitter has stated that "The client will unlock when your region hits its midnight release, not before."

I would be leaning towards Bashioks reply as the actual case, since he works at Blizzard HQ and has access to the developers and others involved with the project to get questions answered.
Reply Quote
ok thx mate
Reply Quote
Thx. Been looking everywhere for an answer to this :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Yeah you can pre-load anytime before launch, but you will require some encrypted files to complete the installation which are only available once the servers go live. After the game is installed and you get the day one patch, you are ready to roll.
Reply Quote
Yeah you can pre-load anytime before launch, but you will require some encrypted files to complete the installation which are only available once the servers go live. After the game is installed and you get the day one patch, you are ready to roll.

What do you mean by this? currently the file sitting around 7-8 GB, when the server go live,do we require to download more files? if yes, how man GB roughly?

Thanks
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Headhunterz

What do you mean by this? currently the file sitting around 7-8 GB, when the server go live,do we require to download more files? if yes, how man GB roughly?

Thanks

I imagine the encrypted files to complete the install will be relatively small, I'd guess 50-100mb, maximum. But for the day one patch, only Blizzard knows.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The encrypted files, I would assume, would likely be very small eg main executable, essential dll files etc.

Day 1 patch? Who knows. I honestly cannot imagine it would be too large though unless there were art assets that somehow didn't make the deadline.
Reply Quote
"Day one patch shows 10GB."
"Estimated time until completion: SOON." In big blue blizzard-font.

1 minute after starting "Just Kidding." flashes across the screen, and it shows the actual filesize.

Amazon: "How to mess with your players, just because you can."
Reply Quote
"Day one patch shows 10GB."
"Estimated time until completion: SOON." In big blue blizzard-font.

1 minute after starting "Just Kidding." flashes across the screen, and it shows the actual filesize.

That was pure fun
Reply Quote
Pretty much the usual day zero patch everyone is required to download. To fix very late found game issues and to unlock the digital download versions to be playable. Nothing unexpected here.

Nice to get the official confirmation of it though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]