Diablo® III

Angel/Demon equals

so i was wondering, since angels and demons essentially came from the same being who are each others equals. i keep reading that Imperious is a total bad A$$ and was wondering who would be his equal on Hell side. I read that Mephiesto is the oldest, so think he would be the strongest. But he is the 3rd boss in D2 so wouldn't that make him weaker then Diablo and Baal since their bosses later?
Reply Quote
Diablo.
Reply Quote
Imperius, Archangel of Valor

His Burning Hells counterpart would be:

Diablo, The Lord of Terror
Reply Quote
Personally i think opposites are:

Hope/Terror
Auriel/Diablo

Valor/Destruction
Imperius/Baal

Justice/Hatred
Tyreal/Mephisto

Fate/Lies
Itherial/ Beliel

Wisdom/Sin
Malthael/Azmodan

Well since theres 7 Evils and 5 in the council, Andarial (Anguish) and Duriel (Pain) would
fall with Auriel (hope) and Imperius (Valor) respectively.
Reply Quote
Although Diablo is the youngest, he is still the strongest of the Prime Evils.
Reply Quote

Hope/Terror
Auriel/Diablo

Valor/Destruction
Imperius/Baal

Justice/Hatred
Tyreal/Mephisto

Fate/Lies
Itherial/ Beliel

Wisdom/Sin
Malthael/Azmodan

Well since theres 7 Evils and 5 in the council, Andarial (Anguish) and Duriel (Pain) would

How are any of these opposites?
Reply Quote

Hope/Terror
Auriel/Diablo

Valor/Destruction
Imperius/Baal

Justice/Hatred
Tyreal/Mephisto

Fate/Lies
Itherial/ Beliel

Wisdom/Sin
Malthael/Azmodan

How are any of these opposites?

My reasoning was:
Diablo creates illusion and fear, Auriel creates purpose and motivation.
Imperius is brave and virtuous, Baal is similar, but has the intention only to destroy (not defend)
Mephisto feeds of hatred and violence, Tyreal stands for justice and balance.
Beliel seeks illusion and corruption, Itherial seeks insight and clarity.
Azmodan loves seeing corruption and sin, Malthael is wise (seemed good enough reasoning for me)
Anguish seems opposite of Hope.

meh.
Reply Quote
If you've read the Book of Cain, the opposites of the Prime Evils aren't really the qualities of the Angeris Council. Diablo is represented in the Triune as Determination, Baal is Life, and Mephisto is Love. They don't really have counterparts in the High Heavens.

They do, however, complement each other. "Terror begets Hate, Hate begets Destruction, Destruction begets Terror." The same can be said of the Lesser Evils to a lesser degree. Anguish and Pain, for example, complement each other. You see the same thing in the Angeris council. Justice, Valor, and Wisdom are all traits that have close ties with one another, just like Fate and Hope.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Nonsense thread. Theres no counterparts. Thatamet was a dragon with 7 heads, thats why there are 7 great evils. However, Anu wasn't a 7 headed being, and therefore theres no 7 great angels or something.
You could include Inarius and Izual into the 5 angels group form the angiris council and then we would make 7 too, but Izua wasn't part of the greatest angels in the high heavens. Inarius is like Satan, which fell into ambition. And there's no mention on this angel as if he was to represent something, like Inarius - Archangel of bul!@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I think that the recent Wrath video supports the OP.

Imperius(courage)/Diablo(fear)
Auriel (hope)/ Sharkdemon (despair)

I just can't pair the other ones.

Edit: Someone brought up the Dark Crystal, and yeaaaah I see it now.
Edited by Gazenthia#1675 on 5/9/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

canttellifsrs.jpg

Imperius is Valor, Diablo is Terror, and "sharkdemon" is not one of the great evils (nor is there even a great evil that represents despair).
Reply Quote
Valor shall turn to Wrath...

Hate is a synonym for wrath... so my guess is Imperius is compared to Mephisto.
Reply Quote
Hate isn't a synonym for wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

canttellifsrs.jpg

Imperius is Valor, Diablo is Terror, and "sharkdemon" is not one of the great evils (nor is there even a great evil that represents despair).

The unique shark demon is called Despair. It isn't one of the Prime Evils, although the design was originally intended to be Azmodan, but it is a major character at some point in D3. To underscore that, refer to the Prophecy about Hope.

Now we have the Wrath cinematic pairing Valor, which can also be described as courage, against Terror. One example of opposites facing each other like Hope/Despair can be written off as a dramatic point, however we are not only seeing a second example of it in Wrath but a big deal seems to be made out of it.
Edited by Gazenthia#1675 on 5/13/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]