Diablo® III

Playing D2 "For realsies"... holy cow!...

90 Human Priest
I am most likely, a blizzard fanboy, to some degree or another. I got into WoW in VERY late BC, early LK days and due to that (and picking up a mac, which limited my choice of games to mainly blizz products anyway), I found myself soon buying WC3, Starcraft and Diablo 2.

I played most of them through once on normal (and loved them!), then would play WC3 sporadically against the comp for fun, but never really touched most of them afterward.

With the imminent release of D3 so close, I thought I'd pull out D2, dust it off and play through once more, just to get 'back in the mood' for diablo.

I played through normal with a sorceress, and once I got done (pretty quickly), I was still enjoying myself, so I kept going into nightmare...

The game started getting intense... I started dying (A lot at first, until I stopped running into every mob I saw, and began to kite)... but I still progressed, albeit a bit slower than before - I didn't have much "real" trouble until Duriel, and even that wasn't bad... The ancients were the worst, since I had to kill them in one sitting with no town portal. Beat them, then Baal on the same day.

and then...

I started into Hell.

I died to the very first pack of fallen I came to. Then, even more embarrassing, I died to a group of quill rat things. I died to uniques. I died to individual mobs. I died because I ran into stuff too fast.

I Died. A Lot.

And I LOVED IT!

I had no idea such a game existed, nevertheless that I owned it - my only sadness is that I didn't realize this before now!

Having said all of that, I'm slowly progressing through Hell mode now (almost through act one!), and...

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. DIABLO III.

Seriously. That game is going to be epic.
Reply Quote
Cant wait to die in glorious fire
Reply Quote
I did the same thing recently. Started up a Barb on Battle.net but played solo save for trist and tomb runs, got him to level 28 but i'm waiting for the ladder reset in a couple days before playing again.
Reply Quote
12 Troll Rogue
Lol hardcore
Reply Quote
I wish I didnt played d2 for 10 years so I could play it right now to occupy my mind before d3

one question, what did you do to get through imnues as a sorc ? respec'd ? made a new game until there no imnues ?
Edited by Tom#1827 on 4/29/2012 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I wish I didnt played d2 for 10 years so I could play it right now to occupy my mind before d3

one question, what did you do to get through imnues as a sorc ? respec'd ? made a new game until there no imnues ?

I played solid fire Sorc clear through most of nightmare - most of the fire immunes I could handle just by running away and letting my mercenary take them out one by one. Eventually I had to respec; Act 4, Diablo's lair/temple thingy - there were far too many fire immunes that were destroying my merc so I respec'ed to add about 10 points into the Ice Orb, and then had no problem throughout the rest of Nightmare.

I have kept the same build and, as only unique monsters have multiple resists, I can kill mobs and then let my merc kill the unique - In fact, I've lately taken to just solo'ing, and only resurrecting my merc whenever I have a Fire/Cold immune unique I need to kill - I'm level 70 and at the inner cloister now, and it seems to still be working quite well so far.

04/29/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Joltcola
To many comma's brother. To many comma's.

I don't disagree in the least sir; It is a habit of mine picked up from A) being out of college for so long and having no need for proper puncuation as well as B) too much facebook; I'm hardly an "LOLZ/OMG/TTYL" kind of person, but I don't pay nearly enough attention to my punctuation as I should and will admit it to anyone.

04/29/2012 08:03 PMPosted by AlphaWolf777
I did the same thing recently. Started up a Barb on Battle.net but played solo save for trist and tomb runs, got him to level 28 but i'm waiting for the ladder reset in a couple days before playing again.

I was going to play ladder, but saw the reset being announced so just brought my computer to work (I had 3 hours between practices every day for a week where I had nothing to do, but no internet) and played single player - Frankly, while I realize I would love the multiplayer aspect, I find the single player to be quite challenging, especially as a sorc, since I have to constantly be wary of immune mobs as I have limited ways of handling Fire/ice immunes - Multiplayer would make that kind of stuff much easier, in its own odd way.

But I might start up a new sorc on B.net after the reset - we'll see.

04/29/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Caprisun
sorceress

Play a smiter (or Hammerdin as well?) paladin and suddenly everything becomes incredibly easy and faceroll.

I've never been one for paladins; This is somewhat a cross-over from my early hatred of them in WoW, due to them being Overpowered, but also due to my general dislike of melee classes in general - Besides, I could care less about easy. As I mentioned, I actually enjoy dying a lot... it means I still have stuff to learn, or overcome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]