Diablo® III

Demon hunter build - please rate

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bZYdQl!eTc!YZcbYZ

Entangling Shot to have a slow with my hatred generator.

Impale with chemical burn for single target.

Caltrops for further control in slowing.

Vault with tumble to travel and get out of bad situations that caltrops wont help me with.

Multishot with broadside for aoe. (Might switch broadside to fire at will for cheaper hatred cost)

Rain of vengeance due to good damage and free cost.

This is just a first pass, any criticism would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Is there any particular reason that you chose sharpshooter instead of steady aim? 20% damage is a lot to forgo just so you can get a tiny bit more crits.

Other than that it looks fine.
Reply Quote
This is true, I was just thinking that there could be a lot of situations where I wont have the option to maintain a distance, I could be wrong.

Edit:
I also think rain of vengeance will not benefit from the 20% damage increase because I believe it is point blank, maybe its not?
Edited by Mortality#1430 on 5/1/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With Caltrops and Vault, you should be fine keeping enemy away, unless you are at a narrow hallway with enemies coming from both sides.
Steady Aim says all damage is increased.
Reply Quote
With Caltrops and Vault, you should be fine keeping enemy away, unless you are at a narrow hallway with enemies coming from both sides.
Steady Aim says all damage is increased.

This is very true, I made the change accordingly.

Thank you for the input.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Jack
This is true, I was just thinking that there could be a lot of situations where I wont have the option to maintain a distance, I could be wrong.

Steady Aim only requires you to be 10 yards away. 10 yards is a joke in this game. RoV might not always get the damage increase just because its radius is probably only 15-20 yards max, but Sharpshooter really isn't going to do anything noticeable to RoV's damage that won't be offset and surpassed by Steady Aim for your other abilities. I wouldn't pass up on basically the best passive for damage that Demon Hunters have just because it won't work well with one spell on a 30 second cooldown.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/1/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]