Diablo® III

Another "My build" Thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WZYdSl!aTe!acbbbc

Obviously with the level requirements makes it an end-game build. Going 2Handed Crossbow+Quiver and passives for extra-large crits. Will swap out jagged caltrops for bait the trap on most bosses.

I need to see how many people I can typically hit with my bola with extended range before I commit to the build though.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqvK8VqohhI 45 seconds will show you the 14 yard radius. alot bigger then the 7 yard radius, the area is literately squared. but still not huge. yards always look more like feet to me in this game lol.
Edited by Alucard#1131 on 5/2/2012 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I really like the range. Thanks!
Reply Quote
np. yea the range is bigger then alot of our abilities.
Edited by Alucard#1131 on 5/2/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice build

Sharpshooter with archery crossbow buff and grievous wounds is a pretty nifty combo I haven't seen before.

I'm not sure tactical advantage is your best bet for a passive slot as with the vault and caltrops combo I think you'll be able to turn around and start shooting right after you vault. I'm sure it will still be useful and maybe you plan to use it some way I'm not thinking of, but it seems like you'd get better use out of steady aim.
Reply Quote
Nice build

Sharpshooter with archery crossbow buff and grievous wounds is a pretty nifty combo I haven't seen before.

I'm not sure tactical advantage is your best bet for a passive slot as with the vault and caltrops combo I think you'll be able to turn around and start shooting right after you vault. I'm sure it will still be useful and maybe you plan to use it some way I'm not thinking of, but it seems like you'd get better use out of steady aim.

I really like moving fast, in the beta I was flying through mobs and engaging the next pack of mobs faster than anyone else I was playing with. I find the movement speed buff for the two seconds is like two free vaults in terms of distance covered in a set time. I found this much more efficient than stutter stepping towards a future mobpack while already engaging a pack.

Of course if mobs prove to be way harder (life and armor wise) and take longer and i'm comfortable dumbing down utility to up damage I'd just remove Tactical Advantage and put in Steady aim, also when my crit from equipment gets high enough I'd also remove sharpshooter for steady aim since I will be critting much more often and probably pick up something else.
Reply Quote
You are going to need permanent uptime above 50% crit to have Grevious Wounds do higher damage than Chemical Burns
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 02:48 PMPosted by CDok
You are going to need permanent uptime above 50% crit to have Grevious Wounds do higher damage than Chemical Burns

Not true. There are no other stacking DoTs in the game and there is no reason that CB on Impale is any different. That being said, even with an unobtainably slow AS of 1.00, you're only getting half of the DoT off between each shot. That means you're only getting 62.5% added damage. That only equates to a 25% crit chance using Grievous Wounds. And if the Dot doesn't tick faster with AS that crit chance minimum gets even smaller. You're looking at 1.5APS + in most gear which even further reduces the damage you get from the DoT per application of Impale.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/2/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sharp shooter at high levels will have little effect due to crit gear. Bola can crit on its aoe effect so you will most likely get better milage out of steady aim.

Assuming no other crit %
Sharp Shooter 0.03 (3%)X350=10.5
Carefull Aim 0.2 (20%)250=50

This math only works if you crit every second, which with Bola you most likely will.

I'd take Carefull Aim. Crit% has demenishing returns the higher your crit gets when used on a timer as Sharp Shooter is.

All theory craft of course.
Reply Quote
Aye, I covered most of that in my other post about removing my crit for steady. I honestly know nothing about the theorycraft math, and it's much appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]