Diablo® III

If 100% is a new Cinematic, Don't watch it!

As godlike a game that it is, I got an unfortunate let-down in Starcraft 2 ~ Getting hyped for the game, seeing the many trailers and advertizements (by a very talented marketing team I'll admit)

So I picked up the game and after beating it, I saw maybe 1 minute of combined 'brand new' cinematic 'action' (mostly the ending) ~ because I had seen everything else before it from 1)the Marine opening, to 2) the Kerrigan flashback, to 3) 80% of the duel between Zeratul and Kerrigan ~ All before I played the game. Yes, it builds hype and generates sales figures, but I learned my lesson.

As phenomenally amazing as these cinematics are, we've seen three already in Diablo III ~ 1)The original debut trailer showing clips throughout (much like the marine opening) 2) the official opening cinematic, and 3)The Black Soulstone. If there's a fourth once we hit 100%... then no matter how epic it is, I'm not watching it until I see it in the damn game! I advise you all to do the same =)

just my 2¢
Reply Quote
100% is obviously a new wallpaper. Look at that widescreen format.
Reply Quote
57 Blood Elf Priest
It could be a wallpaper of that infamous 6th class

-tinfoil hat-

XD
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Kappa
Cinimatics are also in widescreen format..

People are always abusing of details. Get over it and accept it is an wallpaper. If we complain, Blizz might cut it and patch later.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 01:48 AMPosted by Khaoz
100% is obviously a new wallpaper. Look at that widescreen format.

Same widescreen format as all the vidoes they're posting?

I doubt it'll be a screenshot... They copped way to much !@#$ over that facebook debacle...

People were expecting something worth waiting for - not just a reposted wallpaper... but hey it's bliz so who knows
Reply Quote
wall papers are 90%
cinematic is 100%
Reply Quote
I think comparing the trailers for SC2 and Diablo 3 is absurd and has no relevance. SC2 was a complete failure on the single player side. It was made to be an E-sport. While I'm sure someone likes SC2 story/cinematics/single player/etc, I haven't actually met a single one who said it was good. I expected it to be better, but not super awesome as it seemed they weren't putting a lot of effort into it to me.

Diablo 3, on the other hand, I fully expect to be very rich in an engrossing story that I do not think watching a trailer for will ruin.
Reply Quote
I'm hoping it's 30 minutes of Inferno gameplay.
Reply Quote
SPOILER

It's a cinematic, it's already been confirmed.
Reply Quote
Sauce on confirmation?
Reply Quote
If I'm not mistaken, we've already seen the opening cinematic, but that's the only cinematic that we have seen so far. I don't know if the black soul stone cinematic is even going to be in the game, but there are four acts, with one cinematic between each of them. If you include the opening and closing cinematic, that makes 5 cinematics total. This is of course assuming they go the same route they did with diablo 2.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 02:48 AMPosted by FreeFall
Sauce on confirmation?

"MAJOR SPOILERS"
http://d3db.com/static/images/unlocked.jpg
Reply Quote
Yeah, it does appear to be a video, but who knows what the video actually contains. True, it could be an in-game cinematic, which would be a bit of a letdown imo... but it could also be a video introducing something brand spanking new for all we know.

Really it could be anything, like them announcing codpieces as a new gear slot! Take a minute to let the possibilities sink in there...
Reply Quote
Sauce on confirmation?

"MAJOR SPOILERS"
http://d3db.com/static/images/unlocked.jpg

What's 90%?

Edit: Oh never mind.

wall papers are 90%
cinematic is 100%
Edited by Fey#1175 on 4/29/2012 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dang them if its a cinematic spoiler. Glad you warned me, must gather the willpower to avoid it!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]