Diablo® III

Witch Doctor Movement Skill

iv been reveiwing the skills for each class that are available to look at on the website for the past few days to decide who i want to play first the most, And im leaning towards the witch doctor but it seems like they have no movement skill such as Wizards Teleport , Or Barbarians Leap , Or Demon Hunters Vault , The monk also doesnt seem to have a very good ability for quicker movement but they still can most likely use Tempest Rush to atleast boost there position a bit.

This is a big problem because playing online your always trying to keep up with your party that is going to be using those ability's to move faster or even skip obstacles such as stairs with leap and teleport.

Why do the doctors not get a single movement enhancing skill ? or if they do id love to know what it is as i may be missing it.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Get cho spirit walk on, dawg.
Reply Quote
They can get runes on spells that will boost movement speed such as on Horrify and I believe on Spirit Walk. However, they are nowhere near as mobile compared to the others.
edit: spirit walk only makes you immune to snares etc but doesn't actually boost your run speed.

They probably also don't need to be either since they can have a ton of summons out drawing attention and they have the most cc of the other classes.

It's just a trade off.

Well worth it imo.
Edited by Charlamagne#1661 on 4/29/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Doesn't the Monk have a passive that makes him move 10% faster?

And get your kite on. as the Witch Doctor. I have a maxed Monk/Barb/DH in the beta. I think DH is towards the lower end, but that's just my opinion and the DH could scale better later, who knows.
Reply Quote
Monk has dashing strike and at least one short range teleport attack (charged fist with thunderclap rune, I think?).

Spirit Walk is an escape ability, but afaik does not get the WD across the screen quickly.

There is BBV, but I dunno how well it works, given that it has a non-PB radius. Honestly I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often, the WD seems to be the slowest of the classes, yet has a large number of short to medium ranged attacks and PBAoEs. It is far and away my favorite class, but at least to start ill be playing on in single player only.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Kaspa
Get cho spirit walk on, dawg.

Spirit walk as iv read leaves ur body where it is and then transports you back to it after, again i could be wrong but its not made very clear

And to the other guy talking about runes iv read almost all of them none of them to me seem like they increase speed, Could you tell me the name of which rune your thinking of?
Reply Quote
well they got impairing skills for movement, which in turn is almost the same as buffing your own speed
Reply Quote
Ok the Horrify rune Stalker does increase speed by 20% for 4 seconds after horrify but it still seems more like an escape skill as the ability has a cooldown on itself and 20% for 4 seconds isnt very good compared to the other class movement abilitys

Also none of the runes for Spirit walk increase speed and it does seem more of an escape move as the way its worded it leaves your body where you cast the spell and then you return to it, so not much help there
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 06:52 AMPosted by DinoX
well they got impairing skills for movement, which in turn is almost the same as buffing your own speed

Im not talking about for taking on mobs , im talking about for keeping up with your party members who are zipping across the map mob to mob , the witchdocter is going to be lagging behind and thus miss out on alot of the fights and the fun
Reply Quote
My issue is that, when playing with friends, in particular just a 2 player game teamed up with a barb, at the start of engagements he'll leap across the screen and start fighting. I'm stuck moving at a normal pace, and by the time I get in range, everything will be dead or nearly so.

I know I still get xp and loot from these monsters, but I want to feel like I'm contributing as often as possible.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Specter

Im not talking about for taking on mobs , im talking about for keeping up with your party members who are zipping across the map mob to mob , the witchdocter is going to be lagging behind and thus miss out on alot of the fights and the fun

i think you are overestimating this
Reply Quote
Monk has dashing strike and at least one short range teleport attack (charged fist with thunderclap rune, I think?).

Spirit Walk is an escape ability, but afaik does not get the WD across the screen quickly.

There is BBV, but I dunno how well it works, given that it has a non-PB radius. Honestly I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often, the WD seems to be the slowest of the classes, yet has a large number of short to medium ranged attacks and PBAoEs. It is far and away my favorite class, but at least to start ill be playing on in single player only.

Big Bad Voodoo is definatly not a skill for this as it has a 120 second cooldown , it seems more like a battle buff to be used to dodge hard attacks and to do more yourself, The witch doctor looks like so much fun , but seems like it wont be as fun playing online with him cause you will lag behind the others, I was already experiencing this in open beta i can only imagine how bad it could get as people actually get there movement skills such as teleport cause the only person with a real movement skill in beta was the Barb.

Seems like it could be a problem :( makes it hard to choose who i want to make my first character
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 06:59 AMPosted by DinoX

i think you are overestimating this

I think you are underestamating this as it was already a problem in beta, As the guy above you said , The Barb jumps forward engaging the fight as you walk slowly up to the battle by the time you get there 50+% of the fight is already over, And it will get worse as the other classes get there skills such as Wizard Teleport , Demon hunter Vault , Monk Dashing Strike , The witch doctor needs a move that can be used to move and keep up with his allies.
Reply Quote
thats only a problem if you're grouped up with genrally unpleasant players, which weill make the gaming experience worse either way, you'rew just basing this off of being able to go through mobs like butter in the first part of act 1, i think the difficulty will increase enough to solve the problem

this is just "another thing to complain about"
Reply Quote
thats only a problem if you're grouped up with genrally unpleasant players, which weill make the gaming experience worse either way, you'rew just basing this off of being able to go through mobs like butter in the first part of act 1, i think the difficulty will increase enough to solve the problem

this is just "another thing to complain about"

This is a valid thing to complain about as iv seen in the Which Class Will You Play thread that the Doctor is lacking behind and has been since the poll went up, i beleive this is why people always want to be the first in combat its always been that way and always will, Diablo 2 was the same way all the way through the difficulties, you dont choose who you play with unless your playing with people you know, which isnt going to be all the time for most people.

All the classes should be able to keep up with the speed of the game, And at this time the doctor cannot.

Also Spirit Walk is not a valid solution as the description clearly reads Your link to the spirit realm will end if your physical body sustains 50% of your maximum Life in damage. Meaning your body remains behind.
Reply Quote
Find people that play well and friend them. There are always going to be those that run ahead with no regard of others, but you don't have to play with them. Talk with people you play with get to know them then friend them.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 07:13 AMPosted by Moroni
Find people that play well and friend them. There are always going to be those that run ahead with no regard of others, but you don't have to play with them. Talk with people you play with get to know them then friend them.

Its what most plan to do, but that still means that the others will have to wait on the slow old doctor, instead of the doctor being able to keep up with a skill like the other classes have.
Reply Quote
T + click one of your party members banner if you're lagging behind.

And according to Blizz if people don't stick together in higher difficulties they're going to die so I guess they will wait for you.
Reply Quote
T + click one of your party members banner if you're lagging behind.

And according to Blizz if people don't stick together in higher difficulties they're going to die so I guess they will wait for you.

Town portal takes time to cast, while your going to town your party can be fighting monsters without you, Doesnt seem very fun to me.

from what iv read in harder difficulties they mean more if you try to go off by yourself you will die, and even if you need your whole party it will become frusterating for the entire group to be constantly waiting for the slow witch doctor to catch up cause he has no skill to keep him at pace.
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Specter
Its what most plan to do, but that still means that the others will have to wait on the slow old doctor, instead of the doctor being able to keep up with a skill like the other classes have.
If that's a problem the game is too easy.

WD strikes me as a slower more planner steady-clear kind of guy.

I see no reason for Blizzard to pander to rushers.
Edited by Heretic#1172 on 4/29/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]