Diablo® III

What was Tyrael doing in Tal Rasha's tomb?

"I thank you, mortal, for my freedom" does kind of suggest that he was not in fact free to leave. Also, this was the room where mages had bound Baal/Tal Rasha. If they had him bound, then it is possibile that Diablo and Baal could use the bindings (be they spells or enchanted physical objects) to bind Tyreal as well? I would think so personally.

05/03/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Brunobyof
I think Tyrael was in fact locked down there. When Marius took the yellow soulstone from the chest of Tal Rasha, he set Baal free, and then, Tyrael would Need To fight both Baal and Diablo togheter. So he sent Marius immediatly out there, to destroy the soulstone but kept fighting the 2 of them. Knowing that this would be and endless battle and that eventually the heroe (you) would come to Tyrael's aid, Diablo and Baal decided to Lock Him down there, so that they could complete their final task: set Mefisto free.

Oh, I guess that makes sense. I'll concede, I suppose. :P

Direct me to a topic or answer if it has been already answered. But at the ending of D2 with the sword throw what was that all about? Been a really long time since playing d2 and cannot find my old cds for it. Any explation would be awesome

The short story version is that the Heroes were too late reaching the Worldstone and Baal had already started his corruption of it by the time they killed him. Therefore, Tyreal had no other choice but to find a way to destroy it. He did so by channeling all of his power into his sword and threw it with all of this might.

Whether the Heroes are alive now or not is kind of up in the air. Some people say they're alive and will make an appearance in D3 while others are of the opinion that they died when the Worldstone was destroyed.
Reply Quote
Diablo possessed Aiden then posted the news on his facebook page along with 50 other annoying posts about his plans blah blah blah blah blah *insert random lyrics quote* blah blah blah blah. Tyreal read the post with "i'm gonna free my brothers" and rushed to Tal Rasha's.
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Abyzzle
Diablo possessed Aiden then posted the news on his facebook page along with 50 other annoying posts about his plans blah blah blah blah blah *insert random lyrics quote* blah blah blah blah. Tyreal read the post with "i'm gonna free my brothers" and rushed to Tal Rasha's.

Diablo shouldn't have checked-in using FourSquare at the Lut Gholein Tavern...
Reply Quote
Act V:

Baal, the Lord of Destruction, is seeking the Worldstone, a massive crystal rock of great energies, built to prevent the High Heavens and Burning Hells from consuming the mortal realm completely into their respective folds. It is the source of all the Soulstones and their powers, so Baal wishes to obtain it, corrupt it and complete his brothers' plan to conquer the mortal realm and use it as a staging area to besiege the Heavens in the endless war between the two.

Tyrael throws his sword into the Worldstone to destroy it.

Baal had corrupted the Worldstone and Tyrael believed that there was no other option but to destroy it.

Because the Worldstone hid Sanctuary from Heaven and Hell, with it being destroyed, Sanctuary was now open to attack.
Edited by XxDHxX#1676 on 5/9/2012 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]