Diablo® III

Imperius vs. Diablo

In the new commercial released today(link below) you can see Imperius fighting Diablo in heaven, and it looks like Tyrael is helping Imperius. This makes it seem that the frames of Tyrael holding Imperius' spear is him grabbing his spear after it is knocked out of his hand or maybe after Imperius is defeated. My question is who wins the fight, and how did Diablo end up in heaven? Diablo must be his true form and not possessing Leah(which is great) because he couldn't possess a human and just walk to heaven (unless he possessed an angel but I doubt it). I think that Diablo was knocked out of heaven after losing the fight (or winning and coming down in a star, doesn't make much sense) but that if Tyrael was knocked to Earth then why would the Skeleton King come to life? Thoughts?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/01/diablo-3-tv-spot-exclusive-video/
Edited by xoSHIVERox#1409 on 5/1/2012 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 07:02 PMPosted by xoSHIVERox
you can see Imperius fighting Diablo in heaven

Tyrael is fighting Imperius.

Imperius is a bad guy.
Reply Quote
Here is my guess; Imperius has a disagreement with Tyrael over something, they fight, and because Tyrael sees that the host of angels are just as bad in their extremism as the demons, he breaks the gate and throws things into Chaos. The fight between Imperius and the demon (Diablo? or that other guy, Bethial or something like that?) may be entirely separate or an after-the-fact occurence.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Nadda
Tyrael is fighting Imperius

did you watch the video? pause at :20
If you saw that then why would tyrael be fighting imperius when Diablo is in heaven, surely Tyrael would rather help Imperius than Diablo
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by xoSHIVERox
Tyrael is fighting Imperius

did you watch the video? pause at :20
If you saw that then why would tyrael be fighting imperius when Diablo is in heaven, surely Tyrael would rather help Imperius than Diablo

Or Imperius is helping Diablo and Tyreal has to kill both.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Pkearns
Or Imperius is helping Diablo and Tyreal has to kill both.

you can see Imperius trying to hit Diablo with his spear in the video though
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 07:02 PMPosted by xoSHIVERox
but that if Tyrael was knocked to Earth then why would the Skeleton King come to life? Thoughts?

"the walking dead are unique to Sanctuary and are not created in the Burning Hells, but they can be awakened from their morbid sleep by activities of demons and angels"
-book of Cain

that's how...

05/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by xoSHIVERox
f you saw that then why would tyrael be fighting imperius when Diablo is in heaven, surely Tyrael would rather help Imperius than Diablo

Assuming this all takes place at the same time...

Most importantly with what little information we have the biggest piece is this:

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
As justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to wrath
And hope will be swallowed by despair.
Death at last shall spread its wings over all
As fate lies shattered forever."

Lets break this down as this Prophecy speaks of the Angiris council:

And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
We already know that Malthael (Wisdom) is missing

Tyreal being justice meaning Tyreal 'falls' upon the world of men, sounds a lot like the star falling on the cathedral, not to mention the symbolism plays into Christian lore a little about fallen angels being cast out of heaven

Imperious (Valor) shall turn to wrath. Sounds like Imperious who wanted the Nephilim killed in the first place. I picture Imperious casting Tyreal out of heaven like Micheal did to Lucifer in Christian lore. And with Tyreal out of the picture the vote for killing the Nephilim would be tied and according to Book of Cain even with a tie Imperious would have been able to kill humans...

As fate lies shattered forever

The rest speaks of Auriel (Hope) losing Hope people dieing and perhaps Itherael (fate) dead? I'm not sure but really irrelevant to the discussion...

Also note Tyreal hid the events of the Dark Exile diablo 1 and diablo 2 from the rest of Heaven fearing that if they found out they would annihilate mankind

EDIT:

Just realized you were talking about a new new trailer lol, but I think my points still stand also I found this by looking closely...

http://i.imgur.com/tcMVx.jpg

Sure does look like Imperious and Tyreal are fighting...
Edited by Doggir#1464 on 5/2/2012 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
And why you think that demon is Diablo??????
To me it is Belial!!!
Reply Quote
Okay, I don't know what you all are watching. I paused at 0:20 and that's just Cain and Leah fleeing the falling star in the Cathedral. Prior to that, all I see is Tyrael and Imperius duking it out in Heaven (which makes sense to me).

Likewise, Tyrael's spear seems to look different than Imperius'. I suppose Tyrael -would- need a new weapon, given the fact his sword is currently in the hands of a boy somewhere on Sanctuary according to the new comics.
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Doggir
but that if Tyrael was knocked to Earth then why would the Skeleton King come to life? Thoughts?

"the walking dead are unique to Sanctuary and are not created in the Burning Hells, but they can be awakened from their morbid sleep by activities of demons and angels"
-book of Cain

that's how...

f you saw that then why would tyrael be fighting imperius when Diablo is in heaven, surely Tyrael would rather help Imperius than Diablo

Assuming this all takes place at the same time...

Most importantly with what little information we have the biggest piece is this:

"And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
As fate lies shattered forever."

Lets break this down as this Prophecy speaks of the Angiris council:

And in the end of days, wisdom shall be lost
We already know that Malthael (Wisdom) is missing

Tyreal being justice meaning Tyreal 'falls' upon the world of men, sounds a lot like the star falling on the cathedral, not to mention the symbolism plays into Christian lore a little about fallen angels being cast out of heaven

Imperious (Valor) shall turn to wrath. Sounds like Imperious who wanted the Nephilim killed in the first place. I picture Imperious casting Tyreal out of heaven like Micheal did to Lucifer in Christian lore. And with Tyreal out of the picture the vote for killing the Nephilim would be tied and according to Book of Cain even with a tie Imperious would have been able to kill humans...

As fate lies shattered forever

The rest speaks of Auriel (Hope) losing Hope people dieing and perhaps Itherael (fate) dead? I'm not sure but really irrelevant to the discussion...

Also note Tyreal hid the events of the Dark Exile diablo 1 and diablo 2 from the rest of Heaven fearing that if they found out they would annihilate mankind

EDIT:

Just realized you were talking about a new new trailer lol, but I think my points still stand also I found this by looking closely...

http://i.imgur.com/tcMVx.jpg

Sure does look like Imperious and Tyreal are fighting...

damn dude, you deciphered the prophecy.
Reply Quote
So as I thought, Diablo assaults the pearly gates and confronts Imperious. They get it on and Tyreal then arrives to save the day in Angel form and hes either challenged by Diablo or Imperious , Im leaning towards Imperious and then he stabs someone with Imperious spear... Hence the reason WE arrive to save the day...

MAYBE - anyways thats what Im guesssing...

Awesome video, just wish they add a slow doen feature so i can really see whats going on ......
Reply Quote
Here's a different take. I think Tyreal is stuck in the black soulstone(according to blizz nobody has heard from him since destroying the worldstone, and in the other trailer there is a black soulstone with a shiny center that azmodan is hunting). Also being corrupted. Imperius is going to save the day.
Reply Quote
05/03/2012 01:25 PMPosted by JHutch
Here's a different take. I think Tyreal is stuck in the black soulstone(according to blizz nobody has heard from him since destroying the worldstone, and in the other trailer there is a black soulstone with a shiny center that azmodan is hunting). Also being corrupted. Imperius is going to save the day.

Tyrael is the fallen star, confirmed.
We fight Imperius, also confirmed.

In lore, Imperius was never on our side. He hates us and wants us gone so it is only logical to assume that Tyrael will fight Imperius.

05/02/2012 04:28 PMPosted by CtrlAltDLEET

Here is my take;

Hope(Auriel) is being used/corrupted/captured by Belial(despair) ?
Reply Quote
Tyrael is the fallen star, confirmed.
We fight Imperius, also confirmed.

link?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I'm afraid theres no link to this information, since its a lie
Reply Quote
It's not confirmed that the fallen star is Tyreal, but it's been hinted at and is very very likely.

A portrait of Imperius was datamined so a lot of people believe he will be a boss in Act IV. However, these portraits also represent major events in the game and not necessarily bosses so there's no evidence proving you actually fight Imperius (that I have seen).
Reply Quote
I played Diablo 2 as single player, ran through it quickly without really reading the story. I was young.
Now, for D3, I'm reading all the lore in game, online on websites and in the books. I just finished reading the book of Cain. I have a question.

In all previews, on the D3 box page, in the recent spoilers, everyone talks about a Diablo fight. How can this be possible? In the book of Cain, it is said that Diablo and it's essence was destroyed and sent to the Abyss...how can he come back to the mortal realm? I'm confused...

And in the book, Cain keep saying that the end of days will come from Azmodan and Belial. Is it possible we won't see Diablo at all? But then what about this TV spot with Imperius/Tyreal/Diablo?è

/confused :(
Reply Quote
The Worldstone was destroyed and now no one is blocked from entering Sanctuary as I understand. Its been 20 years since Diablos stone was crushed, not sure on the time frame but Id guess thats long enough to come back.

Also - Tyriel is stabbing a door with Imperious Spear from the latest video it seems, so Im confused as to whats REALLY happening. Blizzard must be sequencing the events we see out of order that they appear in game.. So we dont get totally spoiled before release is my guess ....
Reply Quote
Ok, Leah's father was your character from Diablo i.
He was corrupted so Leah has diablos essence (that's why the counsel in hell and belial was talking to her in the black soulstone cinematic. I think imperious is a traitor to heaven, and is scheming with hell to end sanctuary which he has never liked. So to start that he casts tyreal out of heaven(shooting star) and eventually imperious and tyreal fight, which somehow tyreal takes imperious spear(only person that can summon imperious' spear is imperious) and escapes, barely. Then imperious, in the fourth act, releases Diablo in Leah, which then at the end realizes what he did wrong... That's what I think will happen.
Edited by KiyoCrescent#1414 on 5/6/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]