Diablo® III

Anyone else worried about DH in hell/inferno?

85 Human Priest
When I see people posting suggestions of how we are going to get through Inferno, I have to question some of their methods.

Shadow Power? People really believe that 3 seconds of life steal and reduced damage are what you need as a squishy archer? Nah do not worry about getting away, just stand there and attempt to tank the mobs with your brilliant AoE Damage!

Sentry(Guardian Turret)? I don't even know what to say, you are really going to throw discipline away on Sentry Turrets?

Even the choice of numbing traps leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

On my DH I will be staying mobile, because if there are so many kiting tools that if something hits me I am doing the game incorrectly.
Reply Quote
View profile
When I see people posting suggestions of how we are going to get through Inferno, I have to question some of their methods.

Shadow Power? People really believe that 3 seconds of life steal and reduced damage are what you need as a squishy archer? Nah do not worry about getting away, just stand there and attempt to tank the mobs with your brilliant AoE Damage!

Sentry(Guardian Turret)? I don't even know what to say, you are really going to throw discipline away on Sentry Turrets?

Even the choice of numbing traps leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

On my DH I will be staying mobile, because if there are so many kiting tools that if something hits me I am doing the game incorrectly.

Agreed. I'm going to be playing HC so this is especially important for me, as I'll be rolling a DH first at least until I farm NM to 55+ and get decent gear.

My focus will be on using Chain Gang on Entangling shot + Cull the Weak + Marked For Death to start destruction of mobs then start Multishot as soon as I have the hatred for it. Impale for single targets and, in the inevitable case that things do go !@#$ up, I've got SS (lingering fog to make it 3s duration) and Preparation (battle scars for 60% health gain) which will most likely bail me out of some bad situations.

Chances are that, on Inferno, given the right combination of mods, a champion/rare pack WILL be one shotting us. I'd rather focus on escaping with my %^- intact and removing myself from the situation than trying to take multiple hits from monsters that shouldn't be hitting you in the first place.
Reply Quote
Personally I will be rolling with:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXdhQ!Xab!cacaYb

This provides both an AoE and a Single Target stun(65% chance, but it will get more then half the mobs most of the time), rapid disc generation, hyper-mobility, and reasonable clear speed.
Edited by Celdra#1596 on 5/2/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Celdra

well if u were coop, im sure the party would appreciate a 15% damage reduction in infurno for yes, only 10 disc, not that high for the benefit plus its damage ontop of that which isnt high but isnt nothing, no not personally worried about demon hunter in infurno, demon hunter can solo like a champ and does actually have some useful abilties for coop,
Reply Quote
^Source?

From what I gather, the shared mf mechanic will benefit some but hurt others (i.e., there is no intrinsic benefit, item wise, to multiplayer).

I know that in D2 such an intrinsic benefit did exist. More players in a game did improve the drop rate simply by virtue of them being in the game, provided that they were within a certain distance of the action. However, such is not the case in D3. That is why there are a ton of posters in the general discussion QQing about how there's no incentive for multiplayer.

You will get 2x the loot with 2 players, 3x with 3 players, and 4x with 4 players. That doesn't actually mean the loot is any better though. Same loot though, it's not any better. And the group only gets double the loot. That means its the same amount per person as it would be if you played alone.

The enemies also get 2x the health with 2 players which means that it should take about the same time to kill mobs. You'll have a little more specialization because of the synergy of various players abilities. Then again when you play by yourself you have a follower that helps you so its really like having 1.5 or 1.25 players but enemies still have 1/2 health as if you were completely alone. There are ups and downs to both and its really just a wash.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/2/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think everyone will have a hard time in inferno. It's kinda the point. But I don't think DH's will have it harder than other classes. I think Melee will have it the hardest.

I foresee DH players switching to builds with caltrops, vault, smoke screen, evasive fire for hatred and mobility, prep, and multi shot runed for suppresion fire just to stay alive.

Something like this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fQYdVX!aeb!cbabbZ
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYdVQ!YcT!aZaaba

I feel pretty confident going in with something like this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]