Diablo® III

Is the monk going to ever die?

In all honestly, the monk, if played semi-properly, cannot die! he has so many good protection skills and cheat-death skills that it will be really hard to get killed! awesome!
Reply Quote
Cheat death only occurs once every 90 seconds. If your taking so much damage you can't heal yourself or move out of harms way, you are most likely going to die regardless.

I Don't plan on choosing it.

I consider the below skills better choices for survivability.

Beacon of Ytar (if your not spirit starved) (= 15% extra healing + offensive abilities)
Pacifism. (75% damage reduction when CC'd)
One with Everything (higher resistance)
Resolve. (25% damage reduction)
Edited by Misguided#1339 on 4/28/2012 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cheat Death is a very solid pvp passive. You will died in pvp, but this effectively increases your health by 35%, which is a huge bonus, assuming the cool down resets on death. If the cooldown doesn't reset then yea, there are much better other passives.
Edited by ComplexPants#1396 on 4/28/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Cheat death pairs well with a dodge heavy build. Even at low life you can keep going till your luck runs out, then res and keep on going.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Vaaz
I think Cheat death pairs well with a dodge heavy build. Even at low life you can keep going till your luck runs out, then res and keep on going.

This is certainly true. The greatest value of this skill will no doubt be in hardcore mode. If cheat death ultimately saves your decked out character even one time, that can be a gross number of hours worked saved.
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 03:43 AMPosted by Adzy
In all honestly, the monk, if played semi-properly, cannot die! he has so many good protection skills and cheat-death skills that it will be really hard to get killed! awesome!

Have you seen the "you will die" video? Look at how fast their health drops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 04:53 AMPosted by Misguided

paired with submission will work GREAT
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 01:10 PMPosted by blitzkrieg

paired with submission will work GREAT

Lol. I never really thought about this until now. The Monk will technically be able to run circles around melee only enemies and kill them without touching them (it would be very slow, but it would work).
Reply Quote
The idea though, is that the damage it does will spread Resolve to every enemy within 20 yards :p
Reply Quote
So who's interested in participating in 4-monk parties? If each monk has good team support skills, I can think of some pretty awesome possibilities.

If there's enough interest, I'll share my contact info.

Let me warn in advance that I can't commit to regularly-scheduled games; I'm just looking to create a group of a dozen or so monks such that at any given time, it's reasonable to see four of us online and we can form an impromptu 4-monk smackdown.
Reply Quote
Yeah definitely. 4 Monk groups quite possibly could have the most survivability of any full group. The only other group I can think of that might rival it is 4 Witch Doctors.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I'm excited to do 4 Monk groups, already know of a couple of others in this forum who I'll be joining up with!
Reply Quote
Great; I wrote down your battletags (Tibster, your doesn't have a number. ???). You're welcome to keep my battletag as well. I'll create a list of one or two dozen of us over the next two weeks, so expect a ping from me shortly after May 15.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hmm, don't know why, but its Iamblank#1351

Ping away!
Reply Quote
I can't join you gentlemen. I would if I could. 4 Monks would be a blast! but... I am... Swedish...

:)
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 02:51 PMPosted by blitzkrieg
The idea though, is that the damage it does will spread Resolve to every enemy within 20 yards :p

That wasn't lost on me. Similarly, Impending Doom could function on bigger enemies that you might end up having to run away from (or one that teleports), but other people are still within melee range.
Edited by Nevermore#1419 on 4/28/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ohhh gosh i watched that video again. its going to be all about survivability haha. but i was watching what they were doing in the video, didnt seem very logical. i could see a tempest rush which was doing like nothing haha
Reply Quote
They will prob die when their spirt runs out and their spirt generators are melee range so there is a chance that mobs will be able to do more damage faster than you can generate spirt . Also most of your heals have cooldowns if played poorly you can die.
Reply Quote
Really want to try this! Sign me up: Lukeios#1923
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]