Diablo® III

Angiris Council Theories

90 Night Elf Hunter
I was reading the Book of Cain today and as I re read the prophecy something stuck out to me:

"... And at the End of Days. Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall be turned to Wrath...
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all...
as Fate lies shattered forever."

The members of the Angiris Council are Valor, Justice, Hope, Wisdom, and Fate....

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Oh yes, Its gonna happen. I mean its kinda simple to understand
- Tyreal is Justice (could be star, heard that thrown around alot, Not sure why that would spark all the evil in the church. :o)
- Valor - Imperius go's mad with pride ( look at lore panel they mention Valor is close to pride, Could also have something to do with the 7 deadly sins and azmodan)
- Not sure about hope and Auriel - could be a drastic event (surly to happen lol!)
- Death? no idea, I know Malthael in Concept art looks like a reaper thought.
- Itherael Can see visions I know, He could see that all his visions are black or possible dies?

This is all speculation on my opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I also believe Tyrael is the falling star in act one, I am just wondering where the rest of the council will fit in.
Reply Quote
... And at the End of Days. Wisdom shall be lost - Malthael goes missing or dies
Justice falls upon the world of men. - Tyrael is the falling star
Valor shall be turned to Wrath... - Imperius goes bonkers
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair. - Auriel is now hopeless
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all... - this I have no idea
as Fate lies shattered forever." - Itherael dies
Reply Quote
Death is Malthael!!!

taken from diablowiki.com:

"Malthael
A Male Archangel whose robes and breastplate are black, his face gaunt and shrunken. He appears to represent death. He voted for the destruction of Sanctuary. Maltheal is known as the Archangel of of Wisdom, and has grown increasingly grim over the millennia, possibly mad. This may be attributed to his analytical approach to interpreting the on-going war between demon and angel, and the events transcribing in Sanctuary."

So it seems that Malthael will lead the Angiris Council after Imperius fall!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/30/2012 10:13 AMPosted by TheMiracle
So it seems that Malthael will lead the Angiris Council after Imperius fall!!!

That would be interesting! I can't wait to see what that would do to the High Heavens
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I beleivr imperios will battle the lord of wrathe. That is my opinion on the valor blames wrathe part. I also think tyrael is the star as he is thrown from the council from some sort of battle. And death I beleive is diablo himself. Nothing to back that claim I am just stating my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hm I have never though of him trying to consolidate heaven...
But it would really fit if Malthael had something to do with Auriel's demise
Reply Quote
Seems pretty straightforward to me:

Valor turns to wrath. Synonym with wrath is anger/hatred. So Imperius becomes corrupted by Mephisto (lord of hatred).

Hope turns to despair: Despair and terror are pretty related concepts. Diablo corrupts Auriel, entirely consistent with Sheabo theory.
Reply Quote
"... And at the End of Days. Wisdom shall be lost
as Justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall be turned to Wrath...
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
as Fate lies shattered forever."

Wisdom being lost is explained in the book of Cain. Malthael has disappeared and no one knows where he is. That being said, read this.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Malthael

He's speculated to be the aspect of death (speculated, not confirmed), and is on record saying that at the end times, only he will prevail. Well, we're at the end of days, and according to the line:

He might be trying to follow through with his promise. I think Epyon might be right in saying that this is going to happen in an expansion pack.

However, I think that the events of the prediction will take place in just that order.

First, Malthael disappears.

Next, Tyrael is cast from the High Heavens.

Valor turning to wrath is self-explanatory - Imperius does what we all expect him to do.

Hope being swallowed by despair is something that I think is being misconstrued by a lot of people. Remember that Auriel is the only reason why Imperius hasn't acted against Sanctuary. We all know that Imperius is most likely going to become a boss in D3, so my take on this is that Auriel forsakes the Nephilim and either sides with Imperius, or concedes to let him interfere in the lives of men. Either way, her being swallowed by despair is going to be the key that will allow Imperius to be a boss that we'll need to fight.

Death, Malthael, will take this as his opportunity to rise to power, as he assured us he would at the end of days. Like I said, I agree with Epyon. This seems like perfect expansion material, especially since the only angels confirmed to be in the game at release are Tyrael, Imperius, and Auriel.

Lastly, another line that I think is simply misunderstood. Fate lies shattered forever. I don't think Itherael is going to die. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but that's still not what the prophecy implies to me. Itherael can't see the Nephilim or Sanctuary. He's only able to see the fates of the Burning Hells and the High Heavens, but as Sanctuary was never intended to exist, it escapes him. Seeing as D3 is meant to tie up this plot line, I think it more likely that the actions of the Nephilim in this game will change the course of the Diablo universe and ultimately change the fate of Heaven and Hell. If Sanctuary was never intended to exist, then it was obviously never intended for them to interfere in the affairs of those two planes, which means that Itherael will lose his ability to see their fates as well. This just opens the doors for more plot lines within the game's universe, and gives Malthael the perfect opportunity to strike, since no one will see it coming - not even Itherael.
Edited by recyclops#1945 on 5/3/2012 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Me too, i was never intended to exist, until mama and papa
made me! I think Itherael must be mad at us....
Reply Quote
Death = a new version of Tathamet (The Prime Evil, dragon, black, mentioned as "Death itself" in Book of Cain). It might involve Mathael somehow since all the other lines of the prophecy are about the Angiris Council (and he did say he will win), or it might not since Mathael is mentioned in the 1st line already.

I'm starting to wonder if they didn't switch Inarius with Mathael at some point in the Sin Wars without the council knowing (when Inarius was laughing while Mephisto "won" the right to take him).
Edited by Kain#2376 on 5/3/2012 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Malthael is the game's main antagonist. It will be revealed at a later time, not in the Diablo 3 that is released.

Just as in our own lives in our actual world today, there is a fine line between genius and insanity. Ever heard the saying "ignorance is bliss"? Too much knowledge can change you, for the worse, and as Malthael is the Archangel of Wisdom, you can see where this ties into our own world parallels. I won't spoil Auriel's major role, or Zoltun Kulle's future events, but I will say, in no certain terms, there is a new order between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.

I would also like to say, the Prime Evils' corruption knows no bounds. Think of the Prime Evils as tools, perhaps a level, to balance things out.
Edited by Praetor#1214 on 5/4/2012 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
What have u been smoking dude? I want some! :)
Reply Quote
This blizzard trailer's first lines are "...Justice will fall...". Justice being Tyrael. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?keywords=&view#/extended-retrospective
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Why does every keep thinking tyreal gets casted out of heaven? When he could of left by choice. The council could of finally voted in favor of destroying sanctuary. In that case Tyrael would willingly leave and It may end up US +Tyrael vs Heaven + Hell. After all only reason Tyrael was the deciding vote before was because one angel didn't vote. If that angel changes his mind or any angel for that matter an votes in favor of sanctuary destruction due to the world stone being destroyed then Tyrael's vote to save us wouldn't matter and he would have to go rogue to defend what he thinks is right an what he feels he needs to do for justice. Also people keep saying fallen star cant be a angel but just a FYI the dead rising in Sanctuary are neither demon nor angel. The dead rising in sanctuary is a side effect of angels or demons presence being on sanctuary.
Edited by Fury#1681 on 5/9/2012 6:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]