Diablo® III

Diablo True form:

If you watch the cinematics from Diablo 2, the act 4 one references this. When Marius is peeking around the corner at the meeting between Mephisto, Tal Rasha (Baal was imprisoned within him), and the Dark Wanderer (Corrupted by diablo), Mephisto says "It is time for you to take your TRUE form, my young brother." After he says this, the Dark Wanderer collapses and Diablo bursts out from within him.

Hes not a chick.
That is his true form.

Quit making junk up :p
Reply Quote
Actually, that's not his true form either.

That might have been a mistake by Blizzard, lore that has since been overwritten, or a misinterpretation, as the Dark Wanderer is certainly not his true form.

Diablo's true form is whatever terrifies you. He is your greatest fear. He is whatever you picture is there when you turn out the light.

The Prime's physical forms take whatever host they are using (Albrecht, Aiden, Tal Rasha, Khalid) and perverts them.
Edited by Chris#1235 on 4/30/2012 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Mephisto was lying then when he clearly stated that HIS OWN BROTHER's TRUE FORM was the hulking red beast you encounter in the 1st AND 2nd game. His psychological terror isnt how he physically looks like...and he clearly DESTROYED the dark wanderers body. Go watch the cinematic and listen to Mephisto.
Reply Quote
He's not a chick.
That is his true form.
Quit making junk up :p
Also, to be fair, Auriel isn't a chick either ;)
Reply Quote
I think people's concerns stem from the fact that they associate Diablo's gender with the gender of the host he is possessing at the moment. Since it is rumored Diablo is taking the host of a female protagonist/antagonist in D3, some of the public now believes Diablo has 'become a girl.'

Your first point is correct, though. He is indeed personified as a male personality.

Your second point against Pixel is false, though. In video game lore, newer games/written canon overwrites older canon/lore. In this case, the large brutish hulk is 'out' apparently and a sleeker, stealthier form is now 'in.'

But yea, as stated earlier, Diablo's form is whatever terrorizes the beholder most. There's a super clear example of this when Diablo meets with Inarius in the Sin War books (can't remember which one, i think #3).
Reply Quote
I just hear everyone saying stuff like "DIABLO IS SO-AND-SO!." I just thought it'd be very odd to see another "form" of diablo being taken, if he has a true form, i'd think that is the way he would look. I suppose i'd never concidered whether or not "he" can take another form or not.

From what i remember, we CRUSHED THE !@#$ out of his and mephisto's soulstones at the end of act 4.
Edited by Bombat#1890 on 4/30/2012 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The dragon-like beast he appears as is his physical and real appearance, but his "true" form is your greatest fear. Whatever your greatest fear looks like is what he truly looks like to you. Whatever your friend's greatest fear looks like is what Diablo's "true" form looks like to your friend. To conclude, that "true" form is an illusion. He's truly just that giant beast.
Edited by mlpepper#1281 on 3/23/2013 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think in one of the books, diablo's "true form" appears before one of the horadrims agents and appears distorted but is a apparition of that agents greatest fear. (I.E. If that agents fear was spiders with would diablo would appears as a horrific demonic spider). However he used a broken glass or something and showed diablo his own reflection which actually scared him off. The agent then went on to wonder what diablo himself was afraid of.
I cant recall what book this is from. Sin war trilogy i imagine.
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Jaydef14
However he used a broken glass or something and showed diablo his own reflection which actually scared him off. The agent then went on to wonder what diablo himself was afraid of.

I prefer to believe you misremembered something when you say this. one of the lore books we find in game about diablo says that he's incapable of feeling fear, being the master of it. it would also be pretty silly if he could be scared away with any mirrored surface.
Reply Quote
Diablo appears as someone's greatest fear, so for a substantial portion of the population, he would take the form of ... public speaking!
Reply Quote
View profile
I think in one of the books, diablo's "true form" appears before one of the horadrims agents and appears distorted but is a apparition of that agents greatest fear. (I.E. If that agents fear was spiders with would diablo would appears as a horrific demonic spider). However he used a broken glass or something and showed diablo his own reflection which actually scared him off. The agent then went on to wonder what diablo himself was afraid of.
I cant recall what book this is from. Sin war trilogy i imagine.

That person was way before the horodrim, he was pretty much the most powerful nephalem( Uldyssian).

It wasnt broken glass, it was a reflecting spell.

Please re read the book :P
Reply Quote
haha yeah someone who read actually told me about it, i didnt have too much info who or what was exactly used >.<!!!
thanks for the correction!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]