Diablo® III

Paypal Premiere account right?

85 Tauren Shaman
Just to clarify the account types from Paypal, if I am going to sell loot on the RMAH then Premiere would be the account type that I need correct? Personal would be just for those that want to purchase and not sell on the RMAH correct?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
anyone?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You don't sell anything on the auction house with your PayPal account. In fact, once funds are in your PayPal account they can't be used to purchase items. You purchase items using your Battle.net Balance, which is a Blizzard-held currency.

I recommend reading through the How To guide to get a better handle on the separation between PayPal and your Battle.net Balance. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/how-to
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Alright thanks Bashiok, that clarifies it for me. I'll be sure to read up on the link too.

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
bashiok .. besides the 15% cash out fee .. are there going to be any fees from pay pal when we cash out ..
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
also with there being a percentage fee on cash out.. will real money build up in one tab if we have several acution sell at once ..before we adress it ..or will we have to cash out the funds from each sale seperatly
Reply Quote
I did notice that PayPal talks about a percentage for "sellers" per transaction. Can we assume that each time we transfer money into PayPal counts as a single transaction...which would then by subjected to the PayPal fees?

https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/merchant_fees

Please understand...I don't know if I'm right. I'm also curious to make sure I understand what happens "beyond Blizz". I'm not sure if a CM can answer this query, as technically it doesn't have anything to do with Blizz at this point in the transaction.

EDIT: From Bashiok's link I found a link to another Blizz document that says this:

Note that the process of sending proceeds to a third-party payment service will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service.

I think we have to ask PayPal what they charge. But if a CM does know, it would be appreciated if you could just confirm.
Edited by TrollerCon#1678 on 5/1/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Toyodah
bashiok .. besides the 15% cash out fee .. are there going to be any fees from pay pal when we cash out ..

There is a paypall fee when you take money out of paypal and put it in your checking account. I forget the percentage.
Reply Quote
So this is the fee breakdown:
1) $1 fee if your auction sells. Blizzard profit.
2) 15% fee when you transfer your Blizzard account money to Paypal. BLizzard profit.
3) Paypal fee "i forget how much that is" when you transfer your Paypal money to your checking account.
Reply Quote
If you have used Paypal for a very long time and very often they take a very little fee for transfers
Edited by Lindros#2708 on 5/1/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I for one hope Blizzard makes a killing off of this so they keep seeing a reason to make more expansion. Love me some Diablo.
Reply Quote
You don't sell anything on the auction house with your PayPal account. In fact, once funds are in your PayPal account they can't be used to purchase items. You purchase items using your Battle.net Balance, which is a Blizzard-held currency.

So, if we can only purchase Items using our Battle.net Balance why are we able to choose a paymment method after buying an Item?

If you are using the real-money auction house, you’ll be prompted to select a payment method before finalizing your bid.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/how-to
Point 6 under Buying - Step by Step
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Bashiok
In fact, once funds are in your PayPal account they can't be used to purchase items. You purchase items using your Battle.net Balance, which is a Blizzard-held currency.

For the record, you can get a PayPal debit card that connects to your PayPal balance. You can use that to add to your Battle.net Balance. The debit card / Paypal account can be configured to use your Paypal balance first, then your checking account.

Just wanted to make sure that part was clear. You can, in essence, use your Paypal account to buy items, it's just a tad more convoluted.

05/01/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Cad
So, if we can only purchase Items using our Battle.net Balance why are we able to choose a paymment method after buying an Item?

Cad: You're using that payment method to add funds to your Battle.net Balance first, but it looks like they streamline the process. I think Bashiok was being overly cautious in how he explained how the process works.
Edited by SuperRob#1824 on 5/1/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Bashiok
You don't sell anything on the auction house with your PayPal account.

...choose how to receive the proceeds of your auction if it succeeds. ...you can have the proceeds sent to your PayPal account...

Sorry Bash, but it feels like you didn't read the question.
He plans to sell items with the type of auction that transfers money to paypal - and he wonders what account type in paypal he should have to link it to blizz account.

That's actually quite interesting question, but I'm afraid you need to find info on paypal pages.
If anyone finds related info please provide us a link.

I always though you can receive money with standard account but maybe there are lower limits on how much ?
Edited by Sajko#2848 on 5/1/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
On the standard account, I think there is a limit on how much you can transfer to your checking account per day(week/month?). It's like 500 dollars. Also the paypal fee is like 2.90% to transfer to checking.
Reply Quote

Cad: You're using that payment method to add funds to your Battle.net Balance first, but it looks like they streamline the process. I think Bashiok was being overly cautious in how he explained how the process works.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
05/01/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Sajko
You don't sell anything on the auction house with your PayPal account.

...choose how to receive the proceeds of your auction if it succeeds. ...you can have the proceeds sent to your PayPal account...

Sorry Bash, but it feels like you didn't read the question.
He plans to sell items with the type of auction that transfers money to paypal - and he wonders what account type in paypal he should have to link it to blizz account.

That's actually quite interesting question, but I'm afraid you need to find info on paypal pages.
If anyone finds related info please provide us a link.

I always though you can receive money with standard account but maybe there are lower limits on how much ?

I phrased my original question wrong. But yeah I was wondering if receiving money through would require me to set up a premium account versus standard. But i found a site, though its not from Paypal, that said only if you intend to make a sale and that buyer wants to pay YOU directly with with a Credit Card, only then you will need a Premium account. But since Blizz handles the Credit Card part and we get our cut, we don't need a Premium account, a Standard one will do.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Vetkoek
But i found a site, though its not from Paypal, that said only if you intend to make a sale and that buyer wants to pay YOU directly with with a Credit Card, only then you will need a Premium account.

thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]