Diablo® III

Balanced build attempt (PvE). Critique me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fcQXhT!cea!ZZacbZ

Basically it tries to combine these aspects:
Mobility (tactical advantage, evasive fire, smoke screen)
High AoE damage (Multishot, Fan of Knives, Archery)
High Single target damage (Rapid Fire, Cull the Weak, Archery)
Versatile damage sources (physical, lightning, poison)
Good CC (Web Shot, Fan of Knives)
Survivability (smoke screen)
Sustainability (Bat Companion, low cost Fire at Will, few discipline spenders)

Vs big groups, AoE with Multishot.

Vs single target, use evasive fire + rapidfire (webshot) to slow + kite.

Surrounded? Fan of knives to slow, evasive fire to escape (2 seconds increased speed), unload with multishot.

In over your head? Smoke screen and GTFO.

Fan of Knives lets multishot work with cull the weak.
Web shot works well with cull the weak to move the base damage to 262% damage.
Tactical advantage should proc easily with evasive fire and it is almost the only discipline spender.
Bat companion with lowish cost spenders should make using the hatred generator not required as often. If hatred doesn't turn out to be a problem, switching to ferret or MfD is an option.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Solid. I like it.
Single disc skill builds feel more stable to me.
Reply Quote
It'll definitely work although single target damage is a tad low. Only 125% from your generator and 228% from Rapid Fire. Even w/ Cull the weak that's only 262.2% damage for RF which is OK but not fantastic. Like I said though, will function well enough to get by.
Reply Quote
i would change the rune of Rapid Fire to Withering Fire, it lowers the inicial Hatred cost by a lot and it makes the skill do fire dmg. everything else seems ok
Reply Quote
Only 125% from your generator and 262.2% damage for RF

If Evasive fire procs it is 170% damage (45% from bomb) and only impale(chemical burn or grievous wounds) do more single target than web shot rf in this build...

05/03/2012 06:21 PMPosted by FrozenFlame
i would change the rune of Rapid Fire to Withering Fire, it lowers the inicial Hatred cost by a lot and it makes the skill do fire dm

That would lower the damage (due to no more cull the weak) and reduce the CC of the build (80% slow is A LOT). It already has poison and lightning so it will probably have enough diversity.
Reply Quote
This will be tough to pull off, I think you need to slow your enemy down at some point. I would add Entangling Shot to replace Multishot and switch to Evasive Fire when mobs close on you and back to Entangling Shot/Rapid Fire. When you hit elites it will take you some time to take them out and you have to take bites at them and kite back.

Also, do not use Rapid Fire to slow, it is expensive and you will run out quick. Use Entangling Shot to slow and Rapid Fire to deal damage with Fire Support rune.
Edited by Artos#1510 on 5/3/2012 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Only problem I see is that you really only get use out of Cull the Weak when you're using Rapid Fire because the FoK slow is quite short, and has a decent cooldown. You could swap the companion for Caltrops, or even Spider companion, but if you're attached to the Bat Companion I'd replace Cull the Weak with another DPS passive such as Sharpshooter.
Reply Quote
I was thinking I would get the templar with the slow effect. Spider is another option. I'm not too worried about AoE since multishot should do decent at mowing all but the tough ones down and nearly every class has some kind of slow that can also proc it.

FoK + 2x Multishot is a lot of damage.
Edited by Direwolf#1308 on 5/3/2012 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/03/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Ash
If Evasive fire procs it is 170% damage (45% from bomb) and only impale(chemical burn or grievous wounds) do more single target than web shot rf in this build...

Except for Rapid Fire with Bombardment (276%) and Cluster Arrow with Loaded for Bear (290%) and Spike Trap (275%) which also all serve as mini-AoEs. Of course they all have their downsides, too.

And there is no reason why you couldn't find a slow source while you're using these abilities (aka the Templar) that would bump their damage up by an additional 15% just like with Web Shot. That would make them 317.4%, 333.5%, and 316.25% respectively without even going in to Impale which would be the overall best.

I really wouldn't consider the proc for Evasive Fire either. How often are you going to be backflipping EVERY time you fire? That would mean you're never getting an RF channel off and spending a good chunk of your uptime in travel. It's not really an excuse for total damage. Maybe in an AoE situation you would be backflipping a lot but I'm hardpressed to imagine a scenario single target where you can reliably count on Evasive Fire always producing you 170% weapon damage.
Edited by Threllen#1475 on 5/4/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]