Diablo® III

Attribute modifiers!

I think that most of us who have played the beta know how the attributes work in the game and how each class requires a certain attribute as a main focal point i.e.:

Barbarian-Strength
Demon Hunter-Dextirty
Monk-Dexterity
Wizard-Intelect
Witch Doctor-Intelect
The obvious use for vitality is More HP or Life which is beneficial for all classes

The question is this:
Is strength completely useless to a Monk? (even though its a melee class)
Does strength give the Wizard more dps for spells or just by using a weapon?
Is Intellect useless to any class besides Wizard and WD?

If so how come when you level up our character gains attribute points all across the board?
Seems to me that having attributes increases on certain attributes that are not beneficial really pointless i.e.: Intellect for the Barbarian

Any one have any thoughts on the subject or insights?
Reply Quote
Barbarian-Strength increases damage for barbs and also increases damage resistance
Demon Hunter-Dexterity increases damage for DH and also increase chance to dodge
Monk-Dexterity increases damage for monk and also increase chance to dodge
Wizard-Intellect increases damage for Wizard and also increases resistances to all types
Witch Doctor-Intellect increases damage for WD and also increase resistances to all types

This is listed in the game. I checked it out during open beta. I believe all that info is correct.
Reply Quote
My question is is more directed to the fact how the other attributes contribute to each class?

for example:
If i play a Monk and I find gloves that give +10 to Strength and +10 to Dexterity
and i have another pair of gloves that give +15 to Dexterity am I better off using the +10 Dexterity since the Strength has no effect?
Reply Quote
I meant the +15 Dexterity Sorry!
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Neon already spelled this out for you, please refer all questions to their clearly layed out response.
Reply Quote
Barbarian-Strength increases damage for barbs and also increases damage resistance for all classes
Demon Hunter-Dexterity increases damage for DH and also increase chance to dodge for all classes
Monk-Dexterity increases damage for monk and also increase chance to dodge for all classes
Wizard-Intellect increases damage for Wizard and also increases resistances to all types for all classes
Witch Doctor-Intellect increases damage for WD and also increase resistances to all types for all classes

This is listed in the game. I checked it out during open beta. I believe all that info is correct.

Quoted and completed the meanings so you don't get confused.
Edited by Merioch#1649 on 5/3/2012 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So what you are saying is that the benefit from Strength to a Monk would be increased damage resistance?

And the only benefit to a Barbarian from Intellect would be resistance increase to types of magic?
Reply Quote
So what you are saying is that the benefit from Strength to a Monk would be increased damage resistance?

And the only benefit to a Barbarian from Intellect would be resistance increase to types of magic?

Yes and Yes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]