Diablo® III

Witch doctor GG PVP build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#geXTUR!ZYV!cYaccZ

gg cc 15 plz
Reply Quote
I may be wrong, but I don't foresee health globes in pvp? So that passive is worthless.
Reply Quote
05/04/2012 07:08 AMPosted by MrStopSign
I may be wrong, but I don't foresee health globes in pvp? So that passive is worthless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk
Reply Quote
05/04/2012 07:08 AMPosted by MrStopSign

Yea you're wrong. They spawn midfield after a certain amount of time.
Reply Quote
Yeah they are, if they are rare then that will have to be switched out for something.
Reply Quote
Probs best PvP build I've seen posted yet. Good work.

Mind you only good for arena style 'last man standing' battles. (aka proper battles) with team. Otherwise too defensive and tactical for the (horrible imo) plan that blizzard has to make arena just "fights to get the most kills" spamfest with respawn.
Reply Quote
yeah its definitely made for arena, 1v1 or team. hopefully there is no respawn PVP where everyone is just getting 2 shotted :|
Reply Quote
It looks good, but i would change the rune of horrify to face of death (or some of the others), as the duration of cc in pvp will be capped at 2 seconds.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gedXUR!fVW!YcZbZZ
I am sure I will not truly know how I want to play my WD until the actual game comes out. Something tells me that a spirit build will be a strong choice.

6 more days!!
Edited by Kayhas#1347 on 5/9/2012 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Horrify+Frightening Aspect has a +100% defense buff for 8 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/09/2012 04:05 AMPosted by DarthSidious
Horrify+Frightening Aspect has a +100% defense buff for 8 seconds.

I used to think Frightening Aspect was a good idea, but then I thought about it. You drop your aoe fear, your opponents run around in circles for four seconds. In that time you use those four seconds to get away thus delaying the time for your opponents to attack you even longer. At most I can only see you getting 2-4 seconds worth of use from the armor buff, considering that you're fighting against ranged classes. WD's have so much slow that I can't see Frightening Aspect being viable at all while fighting melee classes, by the time they catch up to you your buff will have expired. I'm sure it could prove to be useful in some cases where you're fighting against a high burst damage ranged team comp, but for the most part it seems counterproductive that a skill that makes your enemies unable to attack for a few seconds gives you armor. I feel like Face of Death, Stalker and Phobia would definitely be more useful in your average pvp match.
Reply Quote
Good build but. Two things, in PvP, not too many souls to harvest at once, so why soul harvest and why fetish sycophant. I think spirit Vessel is essencial and hex
Reply Quote
Way to revive a thread that came out in May 2012.
Reply Quote
poopie
Reply Quote
How do people even find these threads to comment on? I find that amazing in itself... did he do a forum search for PVP and look in the first one that was relevant?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#geXTUR!ZYV!cYaccZ

gg cc 15 plz

this build cannot kill a top-geared barb. AC/Manitou wont get it done.

Pyro is better anyways than manitou.

And lob blob is kinda dumb and worthless, honestly Corpse Bomb is 1000% better.
Reply Quote
That build is a little retarded IMO... But since this was written last year and this guy has no experience playing that build lol.. Can't hate too hard.

This is the build I was facerolling with:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cXgUfi!efa!bYZacZ

I didn't have much success with Haunt... Maybe it's because of my play style? Or maybe it's because I only do ~95k DPS without too much CD or CC? I dunno. This style worked well for me against a Monk and 2 Barbs.

It's super fun and Bears do pretty damn well against Monks and Barbs when turned into little piggies lol. I have to switch to Corpse Bomb for DH's. They never get close enough for the Bears to hit em.

Cast a few WoS to get RoE giving you mana. Plague em, Jinx em, Bear em down or WoS, whatever that moment called for. If they're not dead for whatever reason, Horrify or SW. Jinx should be back up if you didn't kill them. Rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
02/13/2013 09:46 AMPosted by SunTzu
I didn't have much success with Haunt... Maybe it's because of my play style? Or maybe it's because I only do ~95k DPS without too much CD or CC? I dunno.

look at my skorn, that is prob the biggest reason why.

Haunt with a high dps Skorn is so raw and overpowered, unless you are playing against another Wd. Again, IAS will not help your Haunt dmg.

Atleast this is what I have gathered from vanguishing countless noobs on PTR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]