Diablo® III

My build + write up (long)

First of all this is my first build Idea I have shared and I thought I would give a write up on it (Really bored, Waiting for release hehe). Some background to the build, I set out to make a build with Corpse Explosion in mind ( For the folks that didn't play diablo 2, Corpse explosion made a body of a dead enemy..welll blow up. And you would be able to Chain cast that ablity killing stuff in rapid succession)

And with that In Mind... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVYjkT!UaW!ZZcZba

This is the best I could come up with!
(Foreword, This is all based of speculation, I have NO idea if this build will work, Key word WILL)
Now Lets hit Pros and Cons

Pros- Alot of Aoe Damage, ALOT.
Each of your ablity has a summon on it, which is also a meet shield.
High Mana Regen, for spamming of a high coast LEFT click ablity.
And It has some options in it (will hit that later)
Zombie charger damage higher then most primary ablitys
YOUR A MOTHERFREAKINF WITCH DOCTOR

Cons- No real way to test it yet.
Single target, and Boss Dps will be low.
Needs Groups for some ablitys to be affective.
Range of the build is near to none.
Requires 4 COOLDOWN ABILITYS!!
You shake alot

Abilitys and Reasoning

Zombie Charger with Undeath Rune - The back bone of this build. Zombie Charger is a Close Range ablity that Deals Aoe damage in a line, With the Undeath Rune it letting 2 more to spawn and do the same thing upon killing a enemy.- This is the closest thing to Corpse Expo we have To be honest this ablity looks alot more fun then CE, It is what you will be spamming on Cool down. SPAM YOUR HEART out on this ablity.

Sacrifice with Next Of Kin Rune- Sac does plenty of damage at the coast of Killing ALL of your dogs, while next of kin will almost result in having another dog to kill and this can keep chaining over and over (45% x 3 to get a new dog)- Another Corpse expo Style ablity, This is your other SPAM ablity but has a chance to not be active (requires the dog) Coast no mana!

Summon Zombie Dogs- You have to have this to use Sacrifice. Not much to say about this there ok tanks and do some Damage. You Need to have this on CD ALWAYS.- Rune, Well the rune Can be what ever you want, Its preference, Thought the ones that add dps to the dogs are not as good for this build (OTHER THEN THE AOE ONE, AOE is a high choice also) as say Leaching beast or Final gift.

Mass Confusion with Devolution rune- This makes enemy's attack each other in a area around the Witch Doctor and the Devolution rune with make enemy's have a chance to become another zombie dog if killed under the affect. GREAT synergy with the build, You have to be up close and personal with mobs and this will give you the CC to make it threw and also gives you more cannon fodder for SAC-----

____________________ This Ends the Core build From here out you can use what ever you would want to use, Do note thought The ablity Needs a COOLDOWN, But ill a short reason for my choices.

Wall Of Zombies with Creepers rune. - Aoe, And a CC with a line that is not cross able ( must be careful not to spread your group out). The Creepers rune , Well you are all ready in the middle of a group why not have more zombies running out causing enemys to attack then and not attack you, and its damage.

Gargantuan with Humongoid Rune- Signature ability of the WD (looks amazing!!) This big guy is just a pile of hurt and a huge tank, It gives you a permanent pet + with the rune he has some great aoe, this guy will drag enemy's off you while cleaving them in to oblivion.

Passives.

The only One required is Vision Quest.

1# Vision Quest- Gives massive Regen, when you have CDs on Cooldown, You Will need this to spam Zombie Charger.
2# - This Can be anything- Look at the passives Look at you build What do you need, Or what are you weak in, Keep dieing?, want more dogs, want to use your cooldowns more? ect.
3#- This Can be anything-

-My 2 Choices Would Be- Circle of life, So that I will get a extra dog if my ablitys are even on Cooldown. And Perice the Vial, MORE DPS MORE DOTS :)

Now, How to use the build First you would run in to a Group of enemy's. Have your summons up

IT would Go like this
- Garg
-Sacrifice.
- Mass Con
-Sacrifice. ( Rune Proc)
-Zombie dogs (even if you have 3 up, or 4 if your using the Passive)
- Sacrifice
-Wall of zombie
Then you would spam Zombie Charger and Sac when needed. There is no Real Rotation for this build, Its more of a prority, IE Do you have 4 skills on Cool down, are dogs up? ect.

For a boss, You would enter Use your cooldowns all at the start of the fight and spam zombie while keeping 4 cooldowns up

Thanks for reading I hope this is insightful I enjoyed writhing it !
Edited by Shorty#1745 on 5/2/2012 7:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
TL"DR Version. BLOW EVERYTHING UP AND FAST, while not dieing in the process....
Reply Quote
Hi!

As a DPS is great.
Its a nice and some new ideas, no primary, undeath rune, vision quest + a large use of sacrifice togheter... cool.
But, I guess the cons will beat you hard.
Basically no range and a lack of a defensive skill, what if the enemies surround you?
Your passives dont help you too, no jungle fortitude, bad medicine or spirit vessel... this makes you very vulnerable.

EDIT: You should consider Zombie Handler, you gain 1 more dog to explode and your Gargatuan will be more durable.
Edited by ViduKaA#1667 on 5/2/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thus Why I put options in for different runes. And MC is the CC you would need, + how many Zombies + pets you will have out it staggering, I should tab it is meant for group play also.
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Shortysun
Thus Why I put options in for different runes. And MC is the CC you would need, + how many Zombies + pets you will have out it staggering, I should tab it is meant for group play also.

Yep, but i guess mass confusion its not enought for a CC... coz the cooldown is really high, you will encounter many mobs while your skill charge.
Reply Quote
Interesting take on the ZD sac build, which I'm sure will be one of the more popular builds in release ;). I thought your build was well thought out, and looks especially potent with the increased mana regen passive and zombie charge spam. I am messing around with builds myself, and that is one of my favorite passives for WD. :D

There were some tiny tweaks I made to the build that I think would increase damage considerably, since obviously this build is for heavy burst aoe. Check it out if you'd like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVdjYT!UaY!ZZaZba

I opted to replace the wall of zombie spell for the soul harvest spell, with the mana replenish rune (the mana regen may or may not be needed depending on how mana consumption plays out). I felt the zombie wall spell w/ the rune you chose was more for a summoning-oriented build. SH was beastly in beta, so I'm assuming it'll be as potent late game, but increased intelligence should compliment the heavy burst you're trying to achieve.

To further compliment the increase in intelligence (in in in) I chose the gruesome feast passive over pierce the veil. Whether the multiplied int from this passive will be applied before or after SH's int is added is yet to be seen, but if it's applied after, that's potentially an additional 50% increase from SH.

Finally, I changed the ZD rune from life leech to damage absorb. I figured hey, if you're going to blow them up anyway, why not have them take some of the damage off you before you destroy them.

Oh and I also reorganized the CD spells from shortest to longest (personal preference).

Anyways, thanks for the build concept, I'll probably be rolling this come may 15th!
WD 4eva
Reply Quote
Interesting take on the ZD sac build, which I'm sure will be one of the more popular builds in release ;). I thought your build was well thought out, and looks especially potent with the increased mana regen passive and zombie charge spam. I am messing around with builds myself, and that is one of my favorite passives for WD. :D

There were some tiny tweaks I made to the build that I think would increase damage considerably, since obviously this build is for heavy burst aoe. Check it out if you'd like:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVdjYT!UaY!ZZaZba

I opted to replace the wall of zombie spell for the soul harvest spell, with the mana replenish rune (the mana regen may or may not be needed depending on how mana consumption plays out). I felt the zombie wall spell w/ the rune you chose was more for a summoning-oriented build. SH was beastly in beta, so I'm assuming it'll be as potent late game, but increased intelligence should compliment the heavy burst you're trying to achieve.

To further compliment the increase in intelligence (in in in) I chose the gruesome feast passive over pierce the veil. Whether the multiplied int from this passive will be applied before or after SH's int is added is yet to be seen, but if it's applied after, that's potentially an additional 50% increase from SH.

Finally, I changed the ZD rune from life leech to damage absorb. I figured hey, if you're going to blow them up anyway, why not have them take some of the damage off you before you destroy them.

Oh and I also reorganized the CD spells from shortest to longest (personal preference).

Anyways, thanks for the build concept, I'll probably be rolling this come may 15th!
WD 4eva

Looks good, like I said Zombie charge, Sac , Dogs and MC are only requirements, Thus you can do what ever you like, I do like SH tho Ill tweak in live, I thought The Passive Grave injustices would work well, Just he cd of this build worries me the most.
Reply Quote
There must be a reason, why all primary skills coast nearly no mana. Based on that, I like a cheap AE primary and an expanive (single) target skill to kill whatever need to be killed fast.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hfZRUT!ZbW!ccaaZc

Ghost Bomb = spam cheap AE-damage (and it looks awesome too!),
Zombie Bears= Heavy-Damage (3x 236%),
Unbreakable Grasp = CC & slow,
Honored Guest = Mana + "oh !@#$",
Hedge Magic = CC + Heal,
Bruiser = Block & Stun,
The passive skills are to improve this all-rounder build (recive less dmg, increase mana, do more dmg).
Reply Quote
Wasent really looking for other builds, This was just a thread for ideas and improvements based of that and a general guide if anyone wanted to use it.
Reply Quote
Bumpy for release interest.
Reply Quote
What kind of gear stats would help compliment this build? I'm really liking the DPS potential here and thinking of running it.
Reply Quote
Int then I would say + cast speed. I dont really know yet I mean I haven't had a chance to play yah know haha :) but I will add for sure.
Reply Quote
You are aware that acid cloud with the corpse bomb rune is basically the new corpse explosion right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]