Diablo® III

I don't see where mighty weapons fit in

Can somebody explain the advantages/disadvantages of mighty weapons? When looking at 2H mighty weapons they have equivalent DPS to other white items of their level, and they're not even any slower than other 2H weapons. Is there a reason to use them over the other 2H weapons? I would imagine a mighty weapon would be slower with higher top end damage.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
Yeah I don't understand either. From what I've read on this forum there are TWO possible claims:

1) They will have guaranteed stats that are directed at barbarians only.
2) Related to 1) they might be good for generating MORE fury. This is also supported by one of the bonuses of the Weapon Master passive.
Reply Quote
They have unique look that only barb gets. They will have barbarian specific modifiers similar to how the monk first weapons have increase to spirit generation.
Reply Quote
I see thanks guys for the responses. I guess I had my own ideas of what they would be, didn't even consider the modifiers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Yeah I don't understand either. From what I've read on this forum there are TWO possible claims:

1) They will have guaranteed stats that are directed at barbarians only.
2) Related to 1) they might be good for generating MORE fury. This is also supported by one of the bonuses of the Weapon Master passive.

They are class unique weapons and there for have Barbarian only affixes where other weapons won't have it at all.

thing such as Fury Generation per second, Raising the damage of Spell X, Increasing the critical strike chance of Spell Y.

Class uniques are pretty important because those items are specially designed towards that class.
Edited by Blasterion#1693 on 5/4/2012 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Blasterion, appreciate the response
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Ya just think of Assassin claws from Diablo 2. They generally weren't any stronger than other weapons but they granted +Assassin skills. Witch Doctor's Ceremonial Knives and Wizard's Wands will do the same thing.
Edited by Xannon#1781 on 5/4/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]