Diablo® III

A Letter to Blizzard

90 Blood Elf Paladin
GLOBAL PLAY will be available 1 week after server launch

so if u're put into asia server , then u would have to wait for 1 week after server launch to create a character in other server ...

did u thoroughly read the FAQ ?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Global play will be enabled once it is launched in all regions - which will be very shortly after US East Coasters have it unlocked.

The 1 week delay is for turning on RMAH, which if you're still on Asia region you will not be able to access NA RMAH regardless of being able to play your characters on NA servers.
Reply Quote
So, wait until Global Play is up, then play on NA server?

You'll still be with the Asian RMAH but oh well, probably to prevent them Chinese gold farmers / bots running the NA RMAH?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
According to Blizzard's current statements (which is written without sufficient clarity I have to say), we can only have access to the Asia RMAH (not available atm) only if we play in the Asia servers, i.e., a non-English speaking environment.

For players who prefer an English speaking environment and therefore decide to play in the US servers, we will be treated as "second class citizens" without the US RMAH support.
Edited by Dranoelzero#1189 on 5/13/2012 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So SEA privilege only extends to Asia server users in Australia, NZ, South East Asia, excluding Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Korea.

If Korea's supreme court decision is the problem, then why do HK, Macau and Taiwan players have no access to RMAH on the US server, given that other Asia server users (e.g. Australia) have access?

This is racist unless Blizzard can show some legitimate reasons.
Reply Quote
So SEA privilege only extends to Asia server users in Australia, NZ, South East Asia, excluding Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Korea.

If Korea's supreme court decision is the problem, then why do HK, Macau and Taiwan players have no access to RMAH on the US server, given that other Asia server users (e.g. Australia) have access?

This is racist unless Blizzard can show some legitimate reasons.

The Starcraft 2 Sea version officially sell in Hong Kong and Macau, but not Taiwan and Korea.
So, the affected areas are Hong Kong and Macau.
Edited by LouisHui#3234 on 5/13/2012 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Skyer, which is why we believe Blizzard is aware of the language preference in Hong Kong since the global version of Diablo III is available only at Hong Kong retail stores but not Taiwan as far as I know.
Reply Quote
I am also very dissatisfied with how Blizzard handled the language issue. Being a foreigner in Taiwan, I did not understand and know that the hard copy I was buying was locked in Mandarin Chinese. It's the same game, in my battle.net account it says that my version is global, I paid for it, and I should be able to play in another language option. Yet the English language client I downloaded doesn't let me play. This is not a small issue, and should be handled very soon, and technically, it isn't really hard to do.

Additionally, we now know that the Collector's Edition includes the English language option. Seeing that the Collector's Edition online pre-purchase in Taiwan was sold out in 90 seconds, getting one was impossible at the launching event, and frankly, I don't really want a Collector's Edition in order to be able to play in English.
Reply Quote
Blizzard pretty much put me in an awkward position when I bought the digital version with the TAIWAN game cards. When I finished buying it, it said Global. But apparently not. And it costs an extra 100 hkd to use english, so I don't think any gamer in their right mind would shell that much out EXTRA just to be able to play a game in the language that they use on a daily basis.
yes, we are a small minority in blizzard's eyes, but this is a language barrier that cripples us from playing their game. I don't know what's so hard about removing the language barrier. Yes, that means people in the US can get the game for a lower price. Maybe I was stupid to get the Traditional Chinese version. But Blizzard never told me about the REAL global version until AFTER I bought it. I can buy a collectors edition so I get the extra stuff which is cool, but;

05/15/2012 07:27 AMPosted by sunberry
I don't really want a Collector's Edition in order to be able to play in English.
Reply Quote
Same situation here, French living in Taiwan.

Bought the game at the Taipei midnight event, did even had time to look at the box! Not like I could have understand what's written in Chinese...
Reply Quote
I'm living in the US now and playing in US server..but I'm moving back to Hong Kong really soon. Does that mean I'm screwed?? Will I have access to RMAH at all??
Reply Quote
I agree. I am also a foreigner living in Korea. I played the Pre-starter edition which was upto level 13 only. The pre-starter key was in English, and then I decided to buy Full Game. Now, I got Error 83, that say the language doesn't match the native language. So I tried changing to Korean. It did solve the problem. But I don't know Korean !@#$! And the voices are awful. I want to get a good experience of this game.

Either put English and the Native language, that would be better. There are a lot of complains regarding this issue. Please solve this.
Reply Quote
I'll give USD$100 to the GM or Tech Support if he or she even replies or comments to this thread.
Reply Quote
And now everyone in this thread is screwed by the unfair language restrictions applied by the last patch.

Thank you Blizzard.
Reply Quote
In agreement to what Neltis says, many Hong Kong players are BNO's (British Nationals Overseas).

Even then, there are many expatriates living within Hong Kong who are tied down by country of residence as opposed to their 'actual nationality'. There should be a way in which we could provide appropriate proof to be able to access services which we are theoretically entitled to. For example outside of providing proof of identity through a passport or such we should be able to provide an address outside of Hong Kong which strengthens our claim and allows us to partake in the Real Money Auction House.

Furthermore Zepto's claim of the Gambling Ordinance (s.2 CAP148) is irrelevant in this scenario as Diablo 3 is not a game of chance. There is no chance to lose money through a gamble and loot is legally categorised as an actual owned item (regardless of its tangibility, see section on cybercrime).

Anyhow, I also hope that this issue is taken into consideration and remedied.
Reply Quote
more about this in;

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551560816
Reply Quote
what makes you think i live in china ? lol ?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]