Diablo® III

The I'm paranoid of infernal defensive build

I will be using a sword + shield for this build

My Inspiration for this build came after seeing the leaked D3 Brady guide and seeing how much monsters do in Infernal. Even though I am going to play SC, I really don't like dieing and so I made this build more out of what the most defensive barb I could make was. Whether it is useful is another story as is every build since we haven't experienced Infernal yet. Anyways enjoy my build.

Goal: to stay alive in Inferno while slowly killing monsters by constantly knocking them back and letting them come towards me just to get hit back again :P.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#beRXkg!bVX!cZZaaZ

1) + armor bonus
I) war cry: +40% for 2 min
II) tough as nails: 25%
Total: 65% armor

2) Armor based on vitality:
I) nerves of steel: +100% armor of Vit.

3) situational Def.
I) Leap: +300% armor for 4 seconds

4) Enemy dmg reduction:
I) Igonore pain: -65% dmg taken for 7 sec
II) Threatening shout: -20% damage taken for 30 seconds
Total dmg reduction: 85%

5) Dmg abilities and slowing enemy abilities
I) cleave: 110% dmg, 80% mob speed reduction for 1 sec.
II) SS: 202% weapon dmg, + 100% knockback distance.

6) Healing:
Inspiring presence: 1% max life/sec for 60sec per shout? I’m unsure if the healing stacks with the different shouts.

I might not kill fast but at least I will be alive. This might be good for HC in a group setting... maybe lol.
Reply Quote
I will be using a sword + shield for this build

My Inspiration for this build came after seeing the leaked D3 Brady guide and seeing how much monsters do in Infernal. Even though I am going to play SC, I really don't like dieing and so I made this build more out of what the most defensive barb I could make was. Whether it is useful is another story as is every build since we haven't experienced Infernal yet. Anyways enjoy my build.

Goal: to stay alive in Inferno while slowly killing monsters by constantly knocking them back and letting them come towards me just to get hit back again :P.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#beRXkg!bVX!cZZaaZ

1) + armor bonus
I) war cry: +40% for 2 min
II) tough as nails: 25%
Total: 65% armor

2) Armor based on vitality:
I) nerves of steel: +100% armor of Vit.

3) situational Def.
I) Leap: +300% armor for 4 seconds

4) Enemy dmg reduction:
I) Igonore pain: -65% dmg taken for 7 sec
II) Threatening shout: -20% damage taken for 30 seconds
Total dmg reduction: 85%

6) Healing:
Inspiring presence: 1% max life/sec for 60sec per shout? I’m unsure if the healing stacks with the different shouts.

I might not kill fast but at least I will be alive. This might be good for HC in a group setting... maybe lol.

It's a good methodology you've applied, wittingly or otherwise. I believe that you are correct in your assumption that only survivors will achieve and I hope that you further develop the build.
Reply Quote
Instead of Threatening Shout, why not take Revenge and capitalize on the thorns damage bonus you're getting from Nerves of Steel? Getting rid of Warcry would free you up to take Bloodthirst?

Assuming the mobs will hit for a ton in Inferno (which I'm sure they will) I think you may get more mileage that way.

If topazes keep the stats they currently have, you have the potential to gain more life than the regen from Warcry.

Something like this would be my OSHT INFERNO build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WdRXVg!eVd!ZbZacZ

-Frenzy w/ Triumph for extra regen; I really love Cleave too, but for Inferno Frenzy will have more utility

-Ancient Spear w/ Dread Spear to pull tough mobs and decent lifesteal

-Revenge w/ Provocation for above mentioned reasons...Thorns baby.

-Bloodthirst to synergize with Revenge and Tough as Nails: +3% of your thorns damage

-Superstition or Juggernaut, depending on the situation I guess. The jury's still out for me on Nerves of Steel as we don't know specifics on how much +vit there will be on gear to make it really shine.

I love theorycrafting with the Barb, but until we get more info about what we're up against, it's anybody's guess.
Edited by Meatpuppet#2249 on 5/5/2012 12:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bcXVgR!bdV!aZaaZb

My Defensive Inferno Build

Honestly my ideal combat build is enough armor and health regen to muscle through Inferno.

Damage
1) Cleave + Rupture Rune - I found in beta this is an extremely nice anti group ability as enemies who die by their comrades explosion also cause an explosion creating a nice chain effect.
2) Rend + Blood Lust Rune - Another great AoE, combined with blood lust to give you HP as it damages will help you survive.
3) Leap - damage enemies when I need to move, or beginning damage when leaping into the fray.
4) Revenge + Vengeance is Mine - If I am playing defensively that means I am going to take hits. Having an attack that is auto use when I am hit reduces the amount of abilities I have to worry about.

Survival
1) Rend + Blood Lust Rune - As before, aside from damage this will give back 9% of it's damage back as health.
2) Leap + Iron Impact Rune - 300% armor will help me survive the first few swipes that I'll take after landing
3) Revenge + Vengeance Is Mine Rune - Gives Health and fury every time it activates.
4) Ignore Pain + Ignorance is Bliss rune - Not only fo you take 65% less damage if you use it when you close to dying and get 20% of your life back as damage then it also acts as a fast emergency heal.
5) Threatening Shout + Falter Rune - Not only do enemies do less damage, but now they attack slower. Good for when you get in a pinch and surrounded.
6) Tough as Nails - Increase both armor and thorns damage. If I am playing defensively that means taking hits so having a certain degree of thorns is a no brainer.
7) Nerves of Steel - Increasing armor based on vitality which as a defensive build we should all have a lot of. No brainer here.
8) Bloodthirst - Continuing with my defensive and health regen/stealing build this gives me a flat 3% health regen at all times during combat (long as I am hitting something).

Must Have attributes on items for this build:
Thorns
Life Steal (either % of # on kill/hit)
Strength
Vitality
Dodge
Resist(s)
Reply Quote
To the OP you gave me a nifty idea about keeping the enemy away. This build incorporates more damage into it though, and I'll probably go axe/sheild

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZVikg!YaZ!bcZbaa

In the event that Intimidate isn't enough to let me catch up with ranged enemies I'll switch it for death from above instead.
Edited by CdrRogdan on 5/5/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As I keep saying here and there, consider the Strength from Earth rune for Seismic Slam. Two SS will spend the same amount of fury while doing 108% weapon damage more and the same knockback as the rune you're using.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]