Diablo® III

Irvine Launch Question/Problem

bashiok.. is getting your signature or playing of the game more important?

note: you can only choose 1. =P
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Sherlock

Well, to be fair, product availability tends to be a little different at our official events. The Fry's we've had most of our official US events at had so many Burning Crusade CE's they still had copies 2+ years after the expansion released.

Quick side query there Bashiok; Why do we not see any Blizzard events in Australia? Namely no Diablo 3 Launch? You have the playerbase here for certain..

Just fyi. Blizzard doesn't do launch of their games in other countries. Usually a sponsor company will.
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Sherlock

Well, to be fair, product availability tends to be a little different at our official events. The Fry's we've had most of our official US events at had so many Burning Crusade CE's they still had copies 2+ years after the expansion released.

Quick side query there Bashiok; Why do we not see any Blizzard events in Australia? Namely no Diablo 3 Launch? You have the playerbase here for certain..

Blizzard is based in the United States.
Reply Quote
I've been to multiple events and I always see people actually downgrading. So if they are out there is still hope.
Reply Quote

I'm aware. But they have events held in multiple countries. Take for instance the Blizzard WWI where Diablo was announced, which was held in France I believe.
Reply Quote
maybe you should have pre ordered the copy when it was announced in october instead of expecting it to just be available 10 days before launch.... seems like a personal problem to me
Reply Quote
05/04/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Eliandra
According tot he employee the copies that they had pre-ordered months ago are the ONLY collector's edition copies that they will be getting

No offense, but are you stupid ? The CE was announced half a year ago. wtf are you doing trying to secure a copy this close to release. Its LIMITED, !!!! of course there are none left !!!

05/04/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Eliandra
Frys doesn't do pre-orders at all

Again, why didnt you just pre-order it from a shop that DOES take pre-orders. Hellooooo ???

ROLF OP, your stupidity is astounding.
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Nzo
maybe you should have pre ordered the copy when it was announced in october instead of expecting it to just be available 10 days before launch.... seems like a personal problem to me

So El was supposed to pre-order at the Irvine GameStop months in advance before even knowing there was going to be a midnight release there? If you had even read, she's not worried about finding a CE (she can get one elsewhere); she's wondering why the recently-announced Blizzard launch party is located in a place that doesn't have CEs to spare.
Edited by TheAugust#1750 on 5/6/2012 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm aware. But they have events held in multiple countries. Take for instance the Blizzard WWI where Diablo was announced, which was held in France I believe.

/facepalm
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
05/06/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Bashiok

Whaaat? Thats unheard of here in Florida. Wish i lived in Cali =(
Reply Quote
Everyone, point and laugh at the OP for being naive and missing out on CE. Welcome to the real world.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I dont know about pointing and laughing. Seems a bit harsh. But still you couldnt be THAT shocked to find out CE is sold out this close to launch. Most if not all CE's have been in limited supply.
Reply Quote
Getting signature is serious business =P
Reply Quote

mate, lets start our own blizz HQ for australia. since you brought it up i'll make you VP. free beer at midnight launch for everyone. stealing collector's edition from people who pass out is acceptable, such is the price of being soft. you keen?
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Spec

mate, lets start our own blizz HQ for australia. since you brought it up i'll make you VP. free beer at midnight launch for everyone. stealing collector's edition from people who pass out is acceptable, such is the price of being soft. you keen?

I'll go for that, can we just make sure it's not on the East Coast?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Seems like if Blizzard was smart they'd bring a truck load of CE's to the event, and whatever doesn't sell can be shipped off to other distributors later. I think the OP may have just saved the company from looking rather foolish, and to do the fans right rather than making more excuses. Seriously, that would be lame beyond belief if they didn't have enough CE's to go around for such an event.
Reply Quote
Seems like if Blizzard was smart they'd bring a truck load of CE's to the event, and whatever doesn't sell can be shipped off to other distributors later. I think the OP may have just saved the company from looking rather foolish, and to do the fans right rather than making more excuses. Seriously, that would be lame beyond belief if they didn't have enough CE's to go around for such an event.

Seems like you dont know what you are talking about. The CE is Limited. Do you even know what that word means ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]