Diablo® III

how to change difficulty?

I was wondering how your suppose to change difficulty for D3. I know you have to get to a certain level... but i'm not 100% sure, any help will be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
05/05/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Anguss
Beat Hell and you can move on to Inferno

You would need to hit Max level, just to get specific about it. But who would dare try Inferno without beating Hell a few times? :p
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Anguss

You would need to hit Max level, just to get specific about it. But who would dare try Inferno without beating Hell a few times? :p

It was my understanding you'd be level 60 sometime during early Hell anyways :P

1-30 norm/ 30-50 NM/ 50-60 hell i'm sure it would be near the end of hell when you reach 60
Reply Quote
Will their be a section where you choose the diffculty? for an example, if beat normal, will it automatically proceed me to nightmare? or will i have to manually choose the option myself?
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 08:48 PMPosted by SoNooB
Will their be a section where you choose the diffculty? for an example, if beat normal, will it automatically proceed me to nightmare? or will i have to manually choose the option myself?

If D2 when you made a game you could pick the diffculty. I would tihnk same is true for D3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Nope they were quite specific about this earlier in the development cycle(though it might have changed). You will be around level 60 when you beat Hell. It is possible to finish Hell pre-60, just unlikely. I'm pretty sure they said you could go into Inferno pre-60 as well, just not to expect to live for long, as level 60's won't be able to live for long either. i.e. you'll have to farm Hell for better gear for a few days or even weeks before being able to make a realistic effort at clearing Act 1 Inferno.
Reply Quote

end of hell, but yes...

but they said you'd have to farm some gear in hell just to survive...

@Topic: Changing the difficulty has nothing to do with your level. You beat the game/story on any given difficulty and you can advance to the next. You'll get some levels anyway, and you definitly need them to survive, but it's technicaly not nescessary to reach a certain level.
Reply Quote
Difficulty level should progress automatically and is a drop down option to change it when you want/need to change it after you have beaten normal of course.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
you need to be 60 to get into inferno..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]