Diablo® III

No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

(Locked)

I disapprove of this message.

People who think short-term are idiots. Inferno will briefly (in the lifetime of the game) be unbeatable. Then, it will be beaten. In time, it will have been repeatedly beaten. Then what?

Once many people have beaten Inferno, it will no-longer seem special, and likely need to be adjusted.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/06/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Silven
Yeah I was just curious is all, we do have, I guess, somewhat of a reference point, that only being comments Blizzard employees have made with their experiences though they have also said they artificially equiped themselves so it was not a natural progression thing.

Well, even that reference point is vague, given they said they increased the difficulty even past the point where they failed.

In another thread I saw someone demanding them up the monster level back to 65. Except no one but Blizzard even knows what 63 means. Can't help but feel them saying, "I have no idea what any of this means, but allow me to provide my input on it anyway."

NO NO NO!

By today's "casual" standards not being able to clear something in 1 week is considered "impossible".

Even if takes 3 months and 90% perfect Hell Act 4 gear, it's still not impossible. Keep your WoW entitled casual agenda away from Diablo.

Posture all you want, whining about WoW doesn't really help your argument anyway.

A number of early WoW encounters were simply impossible for players when they released. Mostly due to undertesting. And I suspect Inferno likely will be undertested.

Since you know absolutely NOTHING about how hard it is, it's way too early to pretend that it's absolutely perfect and should never ever be touched. No one's going to think you're an amazing guy just because you want it to stay at a level you have zero familiarity with. If it needs to be adjusted, it will be, and whining about it won't stop it.
Edited by ZHER0K#1488 on 5/6/2012 6:55 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If Inferno is impossible, it needs to be tuned. Simple as that. No reason to leave it broken just because posturing forum goers demand it.

NO NO NO!

By today's "casual" standards not being able to clear something in 1 week is considered "impossible".

Even if takes 3 months and 90% perfect Hell Act 4 gear, it's still not impossible. Keep your WoW entitled casual agenda away from Diablo.

I think you missed the point, we have not been able to play the game on Inferno difficulty, so how can we say it does or does not need to be changed, and then also state things like "never change the difficulty", as if you've played and tested it? Funny stuff, you guys are arguing for the sake of your dislike for changes, not from any real feedback that you've garnered yourselves.
Edited by TwoSwords#1730 on 5/6/2012 6:56 PM PDT
05/06/2012 05:38 PMPosted by madmarttigan
Do not change inferno if the whole board is full of crying, even if it is me! I may be in tears after being slaughtered for the 100th time, but do not change it! This is a message to everyone in the future, including me. Stop whining and DEAL WITH IT.

Disagreed. They really need to make it harder to make sure NOBODY has it completed in at least a few years.

If anyone beats it, things only spiral downhill from there since there will be VODs out showing how to beat the content.
DONT NERF INFERNO PLEASSSE
"tuning" and "balancing" are thinly veiled words for nerfs.

Please none of those for the love of god.
No they aren't. They convey the intent to bring statistical outliers into their intended place, and can refer to both nerfs and buffs.

Nerfing, in terms of difficulty, means specifically an intentional reduction.
"tuning" and "balancing" are thinly veiled words for nerfs.

Please none of those for the love of god.
No they aren't. They convey the intent to bring statistical outliers into their intended place, and can refer to both nerfs and buffs.

Nerfing, in terms of difficulty, means specifically an intentional reduction.

Right.

I guarantee some things will need to be balanced.

Some player abilities and gear will most likely be too powerful. These will be 'nerfed' to bring them in line with where they are more where they're supposed to be. This will also 'buff' the difficulty of Inferno in some ways.

Some things will most likely not be powerful enough. These will be 'buffed', resulting in a 'nerf' of difficulty in some ways.

Balance is important. If we want Inferno to be brutally difficult, then balance is needed to make sure it remains brutally difficult : )

Edit: What I don't want to see, and what I think the majority of this thread doesn't want to see, is a patch where "All mobs in Inferno have had their HP reduced by 30%".
Edited by Sei#1757 on 5/6/2012 9:30 PM PDT
90 Worgen Hunter
Inferno should NEVER get nerfed, just buffed a tiny tiny bit every time we make anything over a baby sloths crawl of a step forward. =)

I would so appreciate a game that would force me to swear and think so strategically its actually tiring. I mean this just as the text states it, no sarcasm, in any of it. The smile is for the dark satanic grin that I held as I thought of the teeny-boppers faces when they got killed for the 1st time in inferno and sign on the next after crying to find that inferno has been BUFFED.... MWUHAHAHAHA
85 Blood Elf Priest
People thinking that whining is going to have any effect on Inferno have played entirely too much World of Warcraft, and this has had too much of a negative impact on their opinion of Blizzard.

Which is sad. :(

Whine all you want; it won't stop the dying.
85 Draenei Paladin
companies with item shops usually tune the games to promote use of the item shop .. thus if progression turns out to be not as hard as intened.. they will let a good number of people progress..then kick up the difficulty ..so those behind them need to buy items from thos further along ..

I have a real obsessive need to keep pointing out that a harder progression but not imposible where people think they "just " need better gear .. is what will be the main driver of the rmah .

you will also get the collector who just want every inferno tier set for their hero
LOL OP... how can u possibly say that without seeing it for yourself? I mean, they could have 8 million HP and u can only hit for 100 damage each time. And then u say don't change? Common fool, wait to see it before you say that crap.
I disapprove of this message.

People who think short-term are idiots. Inferno will briefly (in the lifetime of the game) be unbeatable. Then, it will be beaten. In time, it will have been repeatedly beaten. Then what?

Once many people have beaten Inferno, it will no-longer seem special, and likely need to be adjusted.

It may not be special but it will always be hard even if it's beaten.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If it becomes to easy does anyone have a problem with them making it harder?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
People thinking that whining is going to have any effect on Inferno have played entirely too much World of Warcraft, and this has had too much of a negative impact on their opinion of Blizzard.

Which is sad. :(

Whine all you want; it won't stop the dying.

Lol, who here has died playing inferno? Anyone?

I myself, I haven't died playing inferno one time, I think they need to make it harder.
Edited by TwoSwords#1730 on 5/6/2012 10:03 PM PDT
05/06/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Vv
Yeah I was just curious is all, we do have, I guess, somewhat of a reference point, that only being comments Blizzard employees have made with their experiences though they have also said they artificially equiped themselves so it was not a natural progression thing.

Well, even that reference point is vague, given they said they increased the difficulty even past the point where they failed.

In another thread I saw someone demanding them up the monster level back to 65. Except no one but Blizzard even knows what 63 means. Can't help but feel them saying, "I have no idea what any of this means, but allow me to provide my input on it anyway."

NO NO NO!

Posture all you want, whining about WoW doesn't really help your argument anyway.

A number of early WoW encounters were simply impossible for players when they released. Mostly due to undertesting. And I suspect Inferno likely will be undertested.

Since you know absolutely NOTHING about how hard it is, it's way too early to pretend that it's absolutely perfect and should never ever be touched. No one's going to think you're an amazing guy just because you want it to stay at a level you have zero familiarity with. If it needs to be adjusted, it will be, and whining about it won't stop it.

*sniff sniff*

I smell a carebear.... go away.
05/06/2012 05:38 PMPosted by madmarttigan
Do not change inferno if the whole board is full of crying, even if it is me! I may be in tears after being slaughtered for the 100th time, but do not change it! This is a message to everyone in the future, including me. Stop whining and DEAL WITH IT.

+1
90 Undead Rogue
UE
05/06/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Sinuous
The will probably nerf some aspects of Inferno. People won't put up with impossible (bugged Cthun anyone?). However, if Inferno is beatable after gearing up appropriately then it shouldn't be nerfed.

I see this being the most likely...

They will invariably find something that crossed the line between "difficult", and "realistically possible" , but nerfs will probably be done with a scalpel and not a nuclear powered chainsaw.
A question I have for Blizz is how Hell difficulty in DIII compares to Hell difficulty in DII. That would hopefully give some idea on how difficult Inferno could be.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]