Diablo® III

No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

(Locked)

I have to agree don't nerf inferno EVER. That's one of the things I'm looking forward to is being challenged, and getting my butt handed to me. If people whine about it being to hard let them go back and play the easier difficulties. After all that's the whole point of games having different difficulties so that they can be challenging, and for those who can't do them they have one of two options A. Get better/learn how to beat the harder difficulties; B. Stick with the easier difficulties that they can do.
90 Night Elf Druid
...People naturally want to focus on a competition of who can beat what first, or speed runs, or other time-based achievements, which is at odds with what the game is really all about (the item hunt).

But...

It's about killing DIABLO!

Right?

It's called Diablo. I think the game is really all about killing him.

<3
lol im gonna save this post and repost it after the mighty inferno nerfs happen. and you and I both know they will. you all cant be that stupid. or at lease i hope your not
A big part of what makes Diablo for us, or maybe more specifically Diablo III, is feeling like a total overpowered badass. It's entirely possible that what makes you feel overpowered is... in fact overpowered. We're not so dumb as to think there won't be someone that will find a build or co-op comp that we just didn't expect, and is able to take down Inferno due to an oversight, bug, 'creative use of game mechanics', or just a downright overpowered set of abilities. There are just too many skills, too many builds, too many possible comps, and [url="http://kotaku.com/5909328/diablo-iii-just-became-the-most-preordered-pc-game-in-amazon-history"]too many players[/url] to believe we've been able to catch everything.

Some of that is cool. Some of what makes a Diablo game is the idea (and fact) that you can kind of outsmart the game and break its mechanics. Unlike a game like World of Warcraft where the core design of the game is to create a balanced experience and every change funnels into that, Diablo III just doesn't take the same approach. We don't mind if there are some inconsistencies and emergent favorites, we'd rather have tons of customization than boil it all down for the sake of balance. With a purely co-op (and eventually non-competitive PvP environment) we have that luxury, whereas World of Warcraft does not.

What we don't want to happen, and what we will absolutely work to patch and fix as quickly as possible, are the situations we simply can't predict that could trivialize parts of the game. There could be some build we never thought of that is super effective against a specific boss in Inferno, and we'll likely want to rein those situations in.

I'm not personally worried about Inferno being too hard. People can complain all they want about that. I'm more worried about people focusing too specifically on clearing Inferno, someone beating it too quickly through cheesy tactics or bugs or broken OP builds, and everyone going nuts saying Inferno is clearly too easy (although they themselves will probably still be in Nightmare). People naturally want to focus on a competition of who can beat what first, or speed runs, or other time-based achievements, which is at odds with what the game is really all about (the item hunt).

Great Post!
05/11/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Nyt
...People naturally want to focus on a competition of who can beat what first, or speed runs, or other time-based achievements, which is at odds with what the game is really all about (the item hunt).

But...

Right?

<3

Apparently you haven't been paying attn. You cant kill Diablo, just contain him or send him back to hell. So that being said collect all the goodies on your heroes journey and profit from it!!!

As for Inferno nerf. I do agree it should be hard as (yes) Hell! But not to the point of being impossible.
Edited by Braddox#1988 on 5/11/2012 6:10 PM PDT
7 Gnome Mage
I think inferno will kill the game if it is as hard as they claim. Sure there is a small set of people that will like it but if only a small fraction of players will be able to do it then the rest of us will play til inferno, see that it is nearly impossible and quit. Nobody will want to keep playing hell because that's not the hardest level it's not the best level. The game will be huge at first but it will not have the people playing it forever like Diablo II, cause nobody wants to replay the second best level or play something they know they can't beat.
Do not change it, it is called endgame, if i can beat inferno i will become bored, though it does look ridiculous lol
90 Night Elf Druid
05/11/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Braddox

But...

Right?

<3

Apparently you haven't been paying attn. You cant kill Diablo, just contain him or send him back to hell. So that being said collect all the goodies on your heroes journey and profit from it!!!

As for Inferno nerf. I do agree it should be hard as (yes) Hell! But not to the point of being impossible.

Okay.

Correction: The game is really all about defeating Diablo, where defeating means sending him back to hell or whatever.
To me, at least.
I really wonder if Inferno is gonna be as hard as everyone seems to pump it up to be.

Personally I don't think it will be , look at Dark souls for example pretty hard game , but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle or anyone willing to apply themselves could , and was pumped to be some unbeatable monster of a game.

And with all the talk of progression it seems to me that inferno , just like say raiding in WoW , is more of a gear thing , rather then a skill thing. Meaning after a little farming maybe a little crafting that boss in inferno that was giving you trouble will be a cakewalk.
Edited by Captainhowdy#1698 on 5/11/2012 9:35 PM PDT
Nerf Inferno and I'll not play another blizzard game as long as I live.Already quit that garbage game you call "World of Warcraft." Nerfs across the board to every tier raid including the heroics. How bout u just leave stuff alone and let the players work for their shinies. -.- Gaming these days is making me le sad.
let's keep it Burning Crusade..
89 Undead Warlock
Don't nerf it.

But please make sure that at least some of the mobs drop tissues.

Thanks.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
A big part of what makes Diablo for us, or maybe more specifically Diablo III, is feeling like a total overpowered badass. It's entirely possible that what makes you feel overpowered is... in fact overpowered. We're not so dumb as to think there won't be someone that will find a build or co-op comp that we just didn't expect, and is able to take down Inferno due to an oversight, bug, 'creative use of game mechanics', or just a downright overpowered set of abilities. There are just too many skills, too many builds, too many possible comps, and [url="http://kotaku.com/5909328/diablo-iii-just-became-the-most-preordered-pc-game-in-amazon-history"]too many players[/url] to believe we've been able to catch everything.

Some of that is cool. Some of what makes a Diablo game is the idea (and fact) that you can kind of outsmart the game and break its mechanics. Unlike a game like World of Warcraft where the core design of the game is to create a balanced experience and every change funnels into that, Diablo III just doesn't take the same approach. We don't mind if there are some inconsistencies and emergent favorites, we'd rather have tons of customization than boil it all down for the sake of balance. With a purely co-op (and eventually non-competitive PvP environment) we have that luxury, whereas World of Warcraft does not.

What we don't want to happen, and what we will absolutely work to patch and fix as quickly as possible, are the situations we simply can't predict that could trivialize parts of the game. There could be some build we never thought of that is super effective against a specific boss in Inferno, and we'll likely want to rein those situations in.

I'm not personally worried about Inferno being too hard. People can complain all they want about that. I'm more worried about people focusing too specifically on clearing Inferno, someone beating it too quickly through cheesy tactics or bugs or broken OP builds, and everyone going nuts saying Inferno is clearly too easy (although they themselves will probably still be in Nightmare). People naturally want to focus on a competition of who can beat what first, or speed runs, or other time-based achievements, which is at odds with what the game is really all about (the item hunt).

Agreed... cant vair away to what the game is all about (the item hunt) and please o please o please dont nerf it.... i love the challenge so make sure we keep the challenge....
Edited by Diamondx#1703 on 5/12/2012 2:27 AM PDT
I'm going to focus on just clearing normal mode for now lol, dont think I ever managed it in Diablo 2 due to all the micro-management of stats, made too many mistakes along the way and ruined my builds.
Edited by GoldX#1933 on 5/12/2012 2:46 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Senor Ricky Bobby says:

"If you ain't first, you're last. You know, you know what I'm talking about?"

Spoilers

ITS THE TRUTH.
85 Draenei Warrior
Haha.. WoW has it share of bugs like the Heigan bug or Yogg... amongst many others like totfw..

What I"m getting at is the fact that those who are aiming to use the system tot heir advantage, will. Those who want to beat something fair and gear up, will. Yeah.. do I think you should have something overly powered like Hammer or Smite paladin like D2? NO... NOT AT ALL... Unless you make others just as OP as such. Regardless... Everyone has their worries about certain classes... Barb players seem to worry a bi t about inferno, Wiz players, WD playerd and DH players. The weird thing is, I'm sure it is balanced to your best of abilities right now. Sooooo... The focus needs to be on the PvP patch and perhaps a Bnet improvement patch and let the game play its course and see what needs improved a week later and fix within ONE week... if not sooner.

It's going to take more than a single Week to fix all the problems that will occur.. that is a fact.. expect patches for the next couple of months fixing random stuff they could not have seen happening without millions of people playing the game.. One week is Not nearly enough time
Damn well agree with OP.

I want Inferno to be so hard that I end up piledriving my monitor.
85 Draenei Warrior
05/11/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Magen
I think inferno will kill the game if it is as hard as they claim. Sure there is a small set of people that will like it but if only a small fraction of players will be able to do it then the rest of us will play til inferno, see that it is nearly impossible and quit. Nobody will want to keep playing hell because that's not the hardest level it's not the best level. The game will be huge at first but it will not have the people playing it forever like Diablo II, cause nobody wants to replay the second best level or play something they know they can't beat.

You Sir, are Wrong.. millions of people will play this game for a long time to come, simply because it is the best option for an ARPG out there.. Most likely it will be the best Option for years to come.. so they WILL continue to play...

On the other hand, if they nerf Inferno many more people will quit because it is simply too easy, Another game like wow that takes no effort to beat.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]