Diablo® III

No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

(Locked)

Community Manager
05/06/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Silven

Meh, pretty obvious it's just useless posturing.

Context has no appreciable value to this sort of player. Only important that you appear to be demanding the game to be ultra hard, even though where exactly that is in any real sense is totally up in the air at the moment.

Yeah I was just curious is all, we do have, I guess, somewhat of a reference point, that only being comments Blizzard employees have made with their experiences though they have also said they artificially equiped themselves so it was not a natural progression thing.

In our internal full game testing, I only did natural progression testing. I know others who only used what dropped for them as well (such as Zarhym and Daxxarri).

As I've said before, the game goes from being somewhat manageable to being very difficult over and over and over. There's no one point where that happens and then you get past it. A boss or area or Act that left you totally whipped and hurting in Nightmare is just waiting for you in Hell.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Kaivax
As I've said before, the game goes from being somewhat manageable to being very difficult over and over and over. There's no one point where that happens and then you get past it

Sweet, I'm pumped, seems like the difficulties are going to pretty fun progressing through, hope we see some awesome gear drop.

Blizzard employees have made with their experiences though they have also said they artificially equiped themselves so it was not a natural progression thing.

Sorry let me clarify, I meant when you guys played on the Inferno difficulty that I remember a dev saying that they just gave themselves gear, they didn't use a character they had progressed with from normal all the way to Inferno.

In our internal full game testing, I only did natural progression testing. I know others who only used what dropped for them as well (such as Zarhym and Daxxarri).

Did you get anything really rare while leveling?

A boss or area or Act that left you totally whipped and hurting in Nightmare is just waiting for you in Hell.

Lol, good to know, sounds like it's going to be blast.

Thanks for your time and response Kaivax.
Edited by TwoSwords#1730 on 5/6/2012 10:47 PM PDT
100 Tauren Druid
I think people just want the game to be super hard because many games out there are very easy to beat. I hope this game is difficult, yes. Especially on the highest difficulty, what should we expect, it to be simple? Revive hard games Blizz on the hardest setting and don't make the game easy on us!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 10:40 PMPosted by FuB
But does it bother anyone that there are so many people out there just mindlessly advocating for Blizzard not to nerf the game without knowing much of the game at all?

Lol, I think that was the basis of my respone and Vv's, someone even called Vv a carebear, lol no idea what that has to do with anything, I just thought it funny the OP is asking with such finality and confidence to NEVER make a change to a difficulty he has NEVER experienced. I think it's just a knee jerk reaction to some having concerns about the difficulty combined with the fear of Blizzard making the game too easy or too "casual". Though I feel if it needs tuning, it needs tuning regardless if it's harder then intended adjust it, if it's too easy, then make the change /shrug.
Community Manager

Sorry let me clarify, I meant when you guys played on the Inferno difficulty that I remember a dev saying that they just gave themselves gear, they didn't use a character they had progressed with from normal all the way to Inferno.

And to be really clear -- there is no doubt that Blizzard employees jumped to level 60 and jumped to awesome gear sets in order to test. That's a very common routine when you're testing for quality assurance.

I was just saying that not all Blizzard employees doing internal testing did that. I would guess that most did not.

Did you get anything really rare while leveling?

I did not. But I only put perhaps 50 hours into the game during our internal testing. I'm looking forward to having a bit better luck, and playing many, many, many more hours after May 15th.
05/06/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Brodhi
Do not change inferno if the whole board is full of crying, even if it is me! I may be in tears after being slaughtered for the 100th time, but do not change it! This is a message to everyone in the future, including me. Stop whining and DEAL WITH IT.

I concur

+1
I'm hoping inferno is tuned to the point where it's soloable by all classes. If it's only able to be solo'd by some of the classes then they should buff the weaker classes to compensate rather than nerf inferno.

Right now I'm worried that some classes may have to do it in co-op to clear it. But as long as players in that 1% can solo it on any class. I'll be content.
Edited by riptide#1789 on 5/6/2012 10:49 PM PDT
I cannot agree at all.

You want Blizzard not to balance a part of the game that you have never played before?

That's just foolishness at its finest.
Well if the dev's haven't even beaten inferno and die dozens of times on one champion/boss and they still haven't nerfed inferno when the dev's are "artificially equipping" themselves and still can't beat inferno I don't think they are going to change it. However something does smell kinda fishy.
05/06/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Kaivax
And to be really clear -- there is no doubt that Blizzard employees jumped to level 60 and jumped to awesome gear sets in order to test. That's a very common routine when you're testing for quality assurance.
Was there a point where they were gearing themselves up so much that it made the encounters in Inferno easy? Whether with real in-game gear or with custom "GM" gear?
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Ok cool I understand, though I have a question. Did some employees progress all the way to Inferno without jumping to level 60 and equiping themselves? If so, did it feel pretty seamless to jump from Hell to Inferno? Or did you find yourself having to farm Hell a little bit longer to be able to be effective in Inferno?

I was just saying that not all Blizzard employees doing internal testing did that. I would guess that most did not.

Gotcha.

I did not. But I only put perhaps 50 hours into the game during our internal testing. I'm looking forward to having a bit better luck, and playing many, many, many more hours after May 15th.

Lol, well poo, I wish you better luck when D3 goes live, see you at release!

Whoops, and thanks again for your response.
Edited by TwoSwords#1730 on 5/6/2012 10:54 PM PDT
Gives me something to shoot for.
Lets go to 60 and put a crap ton of rares on nd do inferno
Yeah it's pretty damn hard as it is, but balanced hard
Ok now double the difficultly and throw it in the works
50 hours and not finding a rare
Can only run linear bosses so many times before my mind goe numb
People begin to complain about inferno because of above
Blizz makes it easier
Just like always
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 11:37 PMPosted by messymike
and they were also asking about super rare items, not just some rare

Indeed.

People begin to complain about inferno because of above
Blizz makes it easier
Just like always

People have concerns, just from some of the commentary that they've heard from the Dev's, but we don't know just how hard the content is until we've actually played it, so we'll just have to wait and see before we start screaming the sky is falling.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]