Diablo® III

No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
5% nerfs to Inferno every month so everyone can fairly see the content.
No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

++
100% agree
05/06/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Secondtime

If you've progressed to Inferno, you've already seen the content 3x (Likely more than that due to farming for gear in Hell).
05/06/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Secondtime

Do you know that by the time the expand is released the inferno mode will be doing negative damage?

Let me simplify this for you as I dont believe you have played Diablo before.

1. Inferno is your 4th time through the story line on 1 Character - No content missed
2. Diablo does not have content patches like WoW, so this is the content is for 2+ years until the release of the expand
3. if in 2 years plenty of people have completed Inferno and you hsve not, maybe... maybe.... instead of requesting nerfs look at your own play style.
4. as above..... if the expand is in 2 years, mobs will be -20% damage. So technically they would not hit you, instead they will hit themselves.

Before posting for nerfs, please learn about the game, just the simple mechanics.

I understand people who have not played the existing games would like to play, but asking for nerfs before you understand the mechanics or have seen the game is not good.
90 Orc Death Knight
I would have thought a comment as blatant as "nerf inferno 5% a month" would have been read as sarcastic. *rolls eyes* I've played D2 strong for 6 years.

Of course it won't be nerfed, it's not an MMO. It's a set difficulty out of the box. Blizzard have said it's hard but it can all be solo'd. So if you can't solo it, then you need to improve and get your character set up right.

Trust me, ARPG don't get content nerfs and if it did the forums would shutdown.

I did not. But I only put perhaps 50 hours into the game during our internal testing. I'm looking forward to having a bit better luck, and playing many, many, many more hours after May 15th.

Are you going to quit your job at blizzard and live off the RMAH?
I disagree with this thread.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for nigh impossible content that most of the players will not be able to defeat (possibly), but completely demanding to shut the door on balance changes (in both directions, obviously) is just very short-sighted.
I agree. Even if the tears result in a tsunami, keep it insane hard :)
I concur, inferno should make us cry.
Once the forums are loaded with threads of "It's too hard.." and "I'll never beat inferno...." and "WAAAAH WAAAH" etc, it will be done.

I give it maybe six months max
85 Human Rogue
05/06/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Kaivax
I'm looking forward to having a bit better luck, and playing many, many, many more hours after May 15th

You forgot a couple of manys in there ;DD
dear blizzard
i heard some of you guys are the original devs of warcraft
do you remember c'thun in the first month? and after some patches?

please, as a gamer and a human being i beg you guys
MAKE INFERNO AS HARD AS THAT GUY RIGHT AFTER LAUNCH!
and keep it that way even if baby jesus cry a river of wine in the foruns
even if the very survival of mankind depends on a minor nerf of a single fallen
let in be deadly
let the monster kill us, let the trees kill us, let even cain kill us if needed be

Sorry let me clarify, I meant when you guys played on the Inferno difficulty that I remember a dev saying that they just gave themselves gear, they didn't use a character they had progressed with from normal all the way to Inferno.

And to be really clear -- there is no doubt that Blizzard employees jumped to level 60 and jumped to awesome gear sets in order to test. That's a very common routine when you're testing for quality assurance.

I was just saying that not all Blizzard employees doing internal testing did that. I would guess that most did not.

Did you get anything really rare while leveling?

I did not. But I only put perhaps 50 hours into the game during our internal testing. I'm looking forward to having a bit better luck, and playing many, many, many more hours after May 15th.

There is the part that concerns me. Played 50 hours and got nothing... Sorry but I wouldn't consider that fun.
50 hours and got nothing was quite normal in d2. i could play whole week and got !@#$. but then come monday and you drop the one best item and you are super excited. you know, the game is not about having everything in month, its about playing and having fun while making your character better and better.

as going for topic straight i have to agree. i would be fine with some balancing stuff so the monsters will not 1 hit you at some point but saying no to huge nerfs.
85 Human Rogue
Once we hit hell/inferno and repeatedly die and nerdrage we will all laugh at these posts and be grateful for minor nerfs here and there.

Inferno will push the best of us to the brink. We should worry about making it there in the first place.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]