Diablo® III

No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

(Locked)

05/07/2012 04:52 AMPosted by AxeLord
There is the part that concerns me. Played 50 hours and got nothing... Sorry but I wouldn't consider that fun.

He didn't say nothing, he said nothing "really rare." If it dropped often, it wouldn't be "really rare."
A very very very x9000 difficult game to beat = mega awesome game. If I want to win, I'd go play wow or cod. 50 hours is a short period of game time anyway. He also mentioned that was during his leveling.. don't expect $250 RMAH items in NM or late normal.
05/06/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Ihealilboys
ps blue can you comment on the contradiction between Jay Wilson's statements over inferno gear drop and what bashiok has said (that everything can drop from a4 hell) and jay said inferno has inferno only gear

They did a presentation MONTHS ago about Inferno that said there is gear that can only be found in Inferno.
+1 original post
Although I do not agree with the crass remarks and tone of it, I do agree with the general idea of the OP.
Just as OP said.. DON'T CHANGE..

there are people who DO like an challenge (like me) that don't want to run through the game just clicking random skills while never ever having to use an health potion or run away..
Edited by Themperror#2709 on 5/7/2012 6:38 AM PDT
I am hoping that Blizzard doesn't change Inferno, either, but I have my doubts after the same promise was made at the beginning of Cataclysm with the dungeons. They were hard, they were challenging, people had to CC again, healers had to mind their mana, tanks use cooldowns, and DPS NOT STAND IN THE FARKING DAMAGE ZONES, etc, etc. BUT, then the nerfs came swift and sure, and things...weren't so hard any more.

Now, I am WELL AWARE that this isn't WoW, but so what? Doesn't mean it can't happen, though I am hoping (with some skepticism) that Blizzard keeps it stance this time, but I will not hold my breath. With that said, if things need to be changed because some things are too hard due to over-zealous tuning, then that's fine and it should be done. Inferno should be challenging, but not impossible and things should overall be fair to the player once the player figures out appropriate strategies. My only other concern is that I hope Inferno doesn't promote mass amounts of skill switching, despite the Valor buff thing, but we'll see how that goes once we get there.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Only thing that the might change in inferno is how expansions effect this, this was mentioned in the blizzcon open q&a posted on youtube, alot has changes in the q&a to now, but most have stayed the same, this being one of them
90 Night Elf Priest
With many ways to play the game, I agree that Inferno should be left alone. Inferno difficulty should be the most difficult mode to play in the game and doesn't really need a nerf.
05/06/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Secondtime
5% nerfs to Inferno every month so everyone can fairly see the content.

It's funny because everyone will see the content in normal, nightmare, hell, and if they are badass, inferno.
I am hoping that Blizzard doesn't change Inferno, either, but I have my doubts after the same promise was made at the beginning of Cataclysm with the dungeons. They were hard, they were challenging, people had to CC again, healers had to mind their mana, tanks use cooldowns, and DPS NOT STAND IN THE FARKING DAMAGE ZONES, etc, etc. BUT, then the nerfs came swift and sure, and things...weren't so hard any more.

Now, I am WELL AWARE that this isn't WoW, but so what? Doesn't mean it can't happen, though I am hoping (with some skepticism) that Blizzard keeps it stance this time, but I will not hold my breath. With that said, if things need to be changed because some things are too hard due to over-zealous tuning, then that's fine and it should be done. Inferno should be challenging, but not impossible and things should overall be fair to the player once the player figures out appropriate strategies. My only other concern is that I hope Inferno doesn't promote mass amounts of skill switching, despite the Valor buff thing, but we'll see how that goes once we get there.

This has been brought up before and it is irrelevant when it comes to Diablo.

WoW is a subscription based game. They HAVE to cater to the lowest common denominator in order to keep people renewing their subs; lost subs = lost money. Additionally, in WoW, some of the dungeons at the start of Cata were too hard for a lot of the lesser players to see, and certainly this would stop them from ever seeing any raids. Nerfing that content allows people to see it at all, and the LFR system allows even the biggest failure of a player to see the raid content. And like I said, if people don't get to see this content, they'll quit, and lost subs = lost money.

Diablo 3 has no subscription fee. Normal and Inferno are the same game for the most part, anyone that does Normal has seen everything the game has to offer ASIDE from higher gear drops, certain enemy affixes etc. Whereas in WoW, if you couldn't hack it, that was it; you're not seeing it at all. There is absolutely no reason to nerf Inferno in order to cater to people that refuse to play better in order to see it, and those people can't hold Blizzards arm behind their backs because no subs are involved.

That said I'm predicting we will see some nerfs to either Inferno difficulty as a whole, or maybe just acts 3/4 or something when the first expansion is released, to remove a bottleneck so that more people can get to the new content.
85 Human Paladin
Eh, unless a boss is bugged and literally impossible to kill regardless of skill and proper gear progression, leave it. I mean really, you don't have to group so it's not like ignoring the guys who think clearing it a week before anyone else makes him God is going to be a chore. You can solo in Diablo. >:)

I look forward to rolling with my wife and best friend through inferno. My wife seems leery of Inferno. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WOMAN. YOU WILL DIE. THEY PROMISE.

:D
i would just like to point out that the developers of the game have yet to beat inferno last i heard... i doubt they will make it any easier based on responses of the community.
yuck people with your mindset of getting everything you want in less than a day ruined WoW, dont try to do the same to D3 please do us a favor and just dont play D3, go WoWing bro.
Edited by Gurthy#1460 on 5/7/2012 8:04 AM PDT
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
I cannot agree at all.

You want Blizzard not to balance a part of the game that you have never played before?

That's just foolishness at its finest.

Balance =/= nerf.. He asked blizz to never nerf the !@#$ out of inferno, not to never balance it.
Keep it hard Blizz!
i think there's still a fine line between "unbeatable" and "too hard". i like my games hard, really hard and therefore fun.

but i don't want my games "unbeatable", that's just frustrating and not rewarding.
I agree completely.

Please, please, please Blizz. DO NOT CHANGE IT FOR THE COMPLAINING MASSES!!

I also agree with some of you above. They catered to the weak in WoW and totally ruined it, Unfortunately for us there is no real threat to the MMO genre right now and we continue to play it.
Edited by Aftamath#1877 on 5/7/2012 8:23 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]