Diablo® III

No matter what happens, Do not change inferno

(Locked)

I hope it stays impossible. Wanting stuff is what keeps me playing. The minute I get everthing I need the game gets boring. Make it impossible!!!
05/07/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Masashi
I hope it stays impossible. Wanting stuff is what keeps me playing. The minute I get everthing I need the game gets boring. Make it impossible!!!

I mean, I don't think we want it to be impossible. If it were truly impossible, enough people would get frustrated enough to stop trying.

There will be small bits of lee-way with it, and likely strategy to get past the "impossible" elements of the game. Chance will be involved, as well as knowing what builds to use in particular parts of the game.
90 Human Paladin
05/06/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Caprisun
Tuning for inferno will happen.

I fully expect balancing to occur.

"tuning" and "balancing" are thinly veiled words for nerfs.

Please none of those for the love of god.

This level of ignorance is simply stunning.

Imagine, if you will, an enemy that has massive health, passive regeneration, and a brutal enrage. Now imagine that once we encounter this mob, we discover that even optimal THEORETICAL dps is outpaced by the enemy's regen. He simply cannot be killed, even in the best possible gearwith perfect play.

Now tell me you never want to see content nerfed no matter what.
05/06/2012 05:38 PMPosted by madmarttigan
Do not change inferno if the whole board is full of crying, even if it is me! I may be in tears after being slaughtered for the 100th time, but do not change it! This is a message to everyone in the future, including me. Stop whining and DEAL WITH IT.

Amen brother
I agree with the OP....hopefully Inferno will be soul crushingly hard, and remain that way for the life of the game. I honestly can't think of a better way to extend the life of the game than to make the final difficulty extremely.....uh....difficult.
Yea Balancing is Fine, Just please don't make anything easier. I love difficult content. I want to play this game for years.
05/07/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Vaenrik

"tuning" and "balancing" are thinly veiled words for nerfs.

Please none of those for the love of god.

Imagine, if you will, an enemy that has massive health, passive regeneration, and a brutal enrage. Now imagine that once we encounter this mob, we discover that even optimal THEORETICAL dps is outpaced by the enemy's regen. He simply cannot be killed, even in the best possible gearwith perfect play.

If its an optional elite that can spawn every once in a while (assuming its affixes are random and the stars must align for it to appear) i think this would be awesome.

"OMG ITS PUS LICKER THE VILE! RUNNNN"

undefeatable enemies add terror.
Dragoku
i would just like to point out that the developers of the game have yet to beat inferno last i heard... i doubt they will make it any easier based on responses of the community.
97 Gnome Mage
balancing is fine, "balancing" to make it easier would not be fine. I love how they are making funky and fuggly builds viable for fun factors. But that is going to suck for inferno (if they are still viable there) because that means it won't be as challenging as it could be.
HEAR HEAR!!!
90 Orc Hunter
Being my first Diablo title I'm actually pretty geeked about a tough-as-nails mode. So long as it's Demon's/Dark Souls tough and not cheap just to halt/slow progression tough then I'm all for it.

If I can't defeat it because I simply don't have the skills to do so then I'm okay with that. If I can't defeat it because it's designed in such a way that I either overgear it (which is impossible AFAIK) or require a group to defeat it then I won't be too happy.
Well since I paid full price for the game I would like to play the full game.
Not asking for them to nerf it because I can't play inferno in acouple weeks, but if it's over a year and I can't play inferno, ya should be nerfed a little.

Alot of you ask for it to be hard, so do I. But if it's to hard for 99% of people then I would say its to hard. People will quit if they can't progress, or if they progress to slow
This is what I am afraid of and I called it already when inferno was announced.

I hope Blizzard does not cave or better yet the Diablo III community surprises me and doesn't complain in droves.

I hope this as well, but we all know there will be a mass group of complainers... there always is right? Look how many people have had complaints over such minor and silly nonsense during just the Beta alone.... we can all count on the complainers, but we can also just ignore them as well.
85 Goblin Rogue
MAN-UP!
90 Human Paladin

If its an optional elite that can spawn every once in a while (assuming its affixes are random and the stars must align for it to appear) i think this would be awesome.

"OMG ITS PUS LICKER THE VILE! RUNNNN"

undefeatable enemies add terror.

I agree with that statement to acertain degree, but if it becomes, "OMG its Pus Licker the Vile, leave the game and make a new one!" then I'd rather see that mob fixed.
I am worried that inferno is too easy. they should make it harder.
100 Orc Shaman
Well since I paid full price for the game I would like to play the full game.
Not asking for them to nerf it because I can't play inferno in acouple weeks, but if it's over a year and I can't play inferno, ya should be nerfed a little.

Alot of you ask for it to be hard, so do I. But if it's to hard for 99% of people then I would say its to hard. People will quit if they can't progress, or if they progress to slow

You will be level capped, have earned all of your possible skills etc, seen all of the story and content. You'll also get the PVP patch unlocking arenas and god knows what else. So I don't exactly think you can wave the "I paid full price for the game so nerf Inferno for me" card and have anyone take you seriously. Also, nobody will care if you quit after a year "because I can't progress". This isn't an MMO. Some people will keep playing for years and years just because they love the game, but the vast majority will quit at some point. It's expected.
60 Tauren Paladin
I hope they add a level beyond inferno that is designed so it cant/shouldnt be possible to defeat even with the best inferno gear. Because you know even then some day someone would beat it, just like the pvp server on everquest eventually beat the sleeper who was part of a scripted event that was not supposed to be killable by players.
i dont want an easy game this time!
100 Human Mage
I agree I hope they never nurf it..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]