Diablo® III

who plans on stacking exp - lets group

I will be stacking exp but when we group i feel like unless the other 3 players stack exp then i am just waisting my efforts.

Looking for a ppl to play with who will be stacking + exp that i can add to my friends list so i know when we play we are making the most of the early game. List your battle tag below if you interested.

also i plan on using some sort of vent.
Reply Quote
my battletag is Shott#1632
Reply Quote
does the +exp work the same way as +magic find?

Just wondering cause I've heard that one persons MF% is shared with everyone?
Reply Quote
does the +exp work the same way as +magic find?

Just wondering cause I've heard that one persons MF% is shared with everyone?

No, exp is self only.
Reply Quote
i was under the impression exp doesn't stack in d3...correct me if i am wrong?
Reply Quote
You'll be lv 50 at least by the end of Hell.
Given the diminishing returns of exp, I don't think it's worth it to purposely seek out +exp gear before completing the game.
If you start making +exp gems and the like, a full set could net you something nice for a new startup character.

For fresh characters, the best gear will net the most exp.
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 08:50 PMPosted by ŴĦǺŦ
stacking damage = killing 2x faster = more exp?

mobs become more difficult, so it would even out
Reply Quote
+ exp is shared.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/magic-find-and-gold-find-now-shared-through-the-party
Reply Quote
Don't see the point in +exp. I always hated having an overleveled character in d2....seems so boring being able to whack everything to death with a stick and only chip a nail :/
Reply Quote
I had maybe +36exp in beta after my first run through.

I still only got 1 xp from killing the monsters in the first area in my second runthrough. I hardly see the point.
Reply Quote
I had maybe +36exp in beta after my first run through.

I still only got 1 xp from killing the monsters in the first area in my second runthrough. I hardly see the point.

I had a set with +64 xp in total gear to be worn at lv 5.
I started a WD, but in the end, I was lv. 9 by the SK.

For a "normal" run through (first character, only found gear), I was 8 by the SK.

It simply didn't make a difference. With this gem and socketed gear, I would think it would be. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/jeweler/recipe/perfect-ruby
The gems work on a %, whereas the gear found in the beta was just a static +xp.
Static +xp just didn't hold up.

EDIT: Corrected for lv 5 Ruby (easily found). Also, most mobs in the beta were yielding 300-400 xp. +13% outweighs the raw +xp gear that I had, and I can continue to utilize it as I level since mob xp will continually go up.
Edited by Shivera#1883 on 5/6/2012 11:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+exp is really not worth stacking on your first run. I like many others have tried stacking it in the beta and frankly its really not worth it.

I would have to agree that stacking more damage earlier would yield you better results in terms of gaining levels faster.

From the looks of the beta and the game overall you arent going to have to really grind in D3 like you did in d2 to gain mass levels.

Simply by playing the game from start to finish up till hell, more than likely you will hit level 50. There may be a minor grind to level 60, but frankly even if the +exp bonuses increase drastically per difficulty, they are the worst stat you could stack.

I would rather stack MF or GF rather than XP boosting.
Edited by ACPRO#1803 on 5/6/2012 11:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]