Diablo® III

[Arcane Sanctum]Wizard Lounge

90 Worgen Warlock
So am I the only one here is gonna solo run normal for the story?
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Vilelated

Naw, I'm gonna spend the first couple days doing one of those. Hope they don't pull an SC2 and totally botch it :\ .
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I like multiplayer but I think I get more gameplay out of solo =/ tricky one.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Lol I'm half tempted to tease myself and reload cathedral after I kill the skeleton king for old beta nostalgia.
Lol
Prolly not... :) need to find out why Tyreal broke a hole in the cathedral. :)

My theory anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
are any of you streamers? I was thinking do starting to stream a little when D3 came out. I can only get like 480p quality though with my rig on d3. (I think its more to do with my 1.5m upload than my rig though)

Thanks for the congrats BTW!

What do you use as your streaming client? X Split is the most popular one

I'm using the free version on x-split right now trying it out. I was able to get better quality with Dextroy but I'm not sure if I want to pay for either program yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I'm going to play through normal on solo and go at my own pace trying things out. Then I'll see how co-op goes in nightmare and beyond.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Lol I never died in beta..

Does anyone know what happens when you die in diablo 3?
Reply Quote
Items lose durability, you respawn at a previous checkpoint. Not much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Really? They sure don't punish you do they?
Your items still on corpse like d2?
Reply Quote
05/06/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Blasterion
I've started to dig up Dramas from a decade ago to watch -.-"

yay dramas :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Lol not watching the new Dallas?
Reply Quote

You keep your items, no corpse.

Obviously I don't know if any of this will be different in later difficulties (my hunch is yes).
Reply Quote

You keep your items, no corpse.

Obviously I don't know if any of this will be different in later difficulties (my hunch is yes).

you just lose durability. no items lost.
Reply Quote
Trying desperately to keep calm. I play some LoL with my buddies every now and then but everything tastes like shoe if I try to play alone. I just can't wait for D3.

Most likely going to play with my wife first. My friends have a bad habit of blowing through games and not caring about story. I'm pretty excited to see how things go down. Plus since the wife's never played there's no pressure to hurry, hurry, hurry. I can take my time and enjoy the art / graphics / kills.

Her work schedule is a bit more hectic than mine so I'll probably make a few HC chars in case I want to re-watch some cut-scenes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Nope, I'm definitely going to be taking my time exploring every nook and cranny, and reading every single journal I can find. I've been waiting ten years to find out what happened after tyrael smashed the world stone, so I'm going to take my time and fully enjoy the story before I start jumping into multiplayer games.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
So I heard Female Wizard has quite the banter with the scoundrel? Not the best follower but the one I am going to take for hilarity. When you meet him he's on a farm trying to pick up the farmer's daughter ;) you can only imagine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Lol I never died in beta..

Does anyone know what happens when you die in diablo 3?

Funny when I played the open beta I somehow didn't start at the beginning (I was on the Skeleton King Story, in a solo game as soon as I created the character), it was weird. I admit it I died once doing Cathedral at level 1. Things got considerably easier after I got Ray of Frost.
Edited by Blasterion#1693 on 5/7/2012 5:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I died once with a demonhunter when I was trying to rush through and got cornered by a group on monsters (in well... a corner). I didn't have vault yet and didn't have the dps to get out alive. One thing I didn't figure out though was if I lost XP when I died. I remembered that from D2 and couldn't tell now. But low lvl xp loss is so much less noticeable than dying as a level 80+ character in d2.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
05/07/2012 10:43 AMPosted by ßeta
I died once with a demonhunter when I was trying to rush through and got cornered by a group on monsters (in well... a corner). I didn't have vault yet and didn't have the dps to get out alive. One thing I didn't figure out though was if I lost XP when I died. I remembered that from D2 and couldn't tell now. But low lvl xp loss is so much less noticeable than dying as a level 80+ character in d2.

There is a way to change to resolution which you stream at on Xsplit, if you are doing it right your Xsplit window should be !@#$en huge.
Reply Quote
Only time I died during the beta was when playing a witch doctor during the Skeleton King fight. I was so embarrassed. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]