Diablo® III

Best laptop cooling pads.

I need one for my gaming laptop before I spend countless hours on this game I'd like to keep it as cool as possible.
Reply Quote
they all suck, at the very best, you can pbly shave off 2~3 degrees celsius, which is nothing if your laptop already runs at 70.
Edited by VeritAsMVRL#1401 on 5/5/2012 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a cooler master u2 laptop cooler, it is great.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
05/05/2012 08:00 PMPosted by VeritAs
they all suck, at the very best, you can pbly shave off 2~3 degrees celsius, which is nothing if your laptop already runs at 70.

Completely untrue. My laptop used to run at around 80-90c depending on what kinda game I was playing.

So I bought a coolmaster u3, which is nice because u can position the fans as you like to align with the air intakes on ur laptop. I also repasted my cpu and gpu (which also helped a lot).

Anyway, with the cooling pad on high, I almost never go over 60c. Which is a rather significant improvement from high 80s.
Reply Quote

Completely untrue. My laptop used to run at around 80-90c depending on what kinda game I was playing.

So I bought a coolmaster u3, which is nice because u can position the fans as you like to align with the air intakes on ur laptop. I also repasted my cpu and gpu (which also helped a lot).

Anyway, with the cooling pad on high, I almost never go over 60c. Which is a rather significant improvement from high 80s.

20 degrees? that's bull.

Check out actual benchmarks..

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/notebook-cooling/5377-cooler-master-notepal-u3-notebook-cooler-review?start=5
Edited by VeritAsMVRL#1401 on 5/5/2012 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 08:26 PMPosted by VeritAs

Benchmark. You linked 1. 1 poorly documented benchmark. Different laptops deal with heat differently. It's really not out of the realm of reasonable thought to think that perhaps maybe Tash doesn't have a laptop that natively cools as well as the one in the test.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
05/05/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Jangles
Benchmark. You linked 1. 1 poorly documented benchmark. Different laptops deal with heat differently. It's really not out of the realm of reasonable thought to think that perhaps maybe Tash doesn't have a laptop that natively cools as well as the one in the test.

Good call.

I love people who come in here and make broad general statments based on their limited personal knowledge and declare it fact.

I never said a cooling pad would knock off 20c of heat. I also said I repasted my chips, which helped a ton. But even just the pad, can easily take off b/w 5-10c depending on how demanding the game is.

Now I also have one of the best laptops / cooling systems on the market, so it takes extra advantage from the increased air flow. This may not be true for another laptop, but then again it might be. I was just explaining what I did and the results I got.

But apparently the keeper of truths has deemed my story to not have happened.
Reply Quote

sorry, an actual benchmark > some random dude pullling out random numbers from his behind.

as he stated, he went from 8~90 to 70.. 20 degrees is simply bull.
Edited by VeritAsMVRL#1401 on 5/5/2012 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Dwarf Paladin
05/05/2012 08:46 PMPosted by SawtoothGrin
rofl whats a gaming laptop besides a waste of money. Get a desk top

Step into the future dude, laptops are good for gaming these days.

cooling pads are nice and really do help, so does repasting like someone else mentioned.
But the biggest thing I found was cleaning the dust stored in the fan grills. Not just by blowing compressed air in there, but actually unscrewing the laptop, taking them out, and looking behind what you can't see from the outside. A ton of dust builds up on the inside there and drastically kills the cooling power of the fans.
Reply Quote
Are those laptop cooling pads really necessary?
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Ren
Are those laptop cooling pads really necessary?

absolutely not, they make no difference or negligible difference with most laptops.
they are useful for bed/lap use however.

i know right..

but apparently, according to those random kids, they legitimately shave off 20 degrees Celsius.

ROFL.
Reply Quote
The best thing about a cooling fan is that it elevates the laptop off of the table or whatever surface you put it on so any type of cooling fan will do.
Reply Quote
Main benefit is that you can have it in your lap/play in bed without using various improvised board like things to not cover the cooling fans with ur comforter/leg etc.

I will be playing a lot of D3 in bed at night after the girly goes to bed etc.
Reply Quote
4 Blood Elf Warlock
i know right..

but apparently, according to those random kids, they legitimately shave off 20 degrees Celsius.

ROFL.

Listen kid, I have already explained what I said, and clearly your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

I did not attribute 20c to the cooling pad alone, I also said repasting. Also my results are facts, doesnt really matter if you want to believe with them or not. Just because your random !@# wal-mart laptop doesnt benefit that much from a cooling pad, does not mean that is the case for all users.

Just the cooling pad alone on my laptop easily can take 5-10c off, sometimes even more depending on how demanding the game is. Again, I also have a TOP of the line very expensive gaming laptop that has one of the best cooling designs available, which benefits greatly from the increased airflow.

...Obviously results are going to vary for each user/machine. But it annoys the hell out of me when troll $%^ kids like you spew crap on this forums because in your mind facts are limited only to your personal experience.
Reply Quote
i know right..

ROFL.

Listen kid, I have already explained what I said, and clearly your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

I did not attribute 20c to the cooling pad alone, I also said repasting. Also my results are facts, doesnt really matter if you want to believe with them or not. Just because your random !@# wal-mart laptop doesnt benefit that much from a cooling pad, does not mean that is the case for all users.

Just the cooling pad alone on my laptop easily can take 5-10c off, sometimes even more depending on how demanding the game is. Again, I also have a TOP of the line very expensive gaming laptop that has one of the best cooling designs available, which benefits greatly from the increased airflow.

...Obviously results are going to vary for each user/machine. But it annoys the hell out of me when troll $%^ kids like you spew crap on this forums because in your mind facts are limited only to your personal experience.

ROFL, attributing the 20 degrees on repasting..etc.? what does that have to do with the laptop cooler then? And wake up, your "LOL top of the line" laptop from alienware? *ahem LoL* won't benefit 20 degrees from repasting + cooling pads.

I am sorry, you can keep trying, but the truth is if you are saying repasting and cooler can reduce 20 degrees celsius from 90, you are delusional.

how about some benchmark screenshots from your top of the line laptop *ahem alienware* LoL? I am sure it can handle taking screenshots?
Edited by VeritAsMVRL#1401 on 5/6/2012 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To those saying a few degress nocked off is nothing... it can be the difference between stability and crashing.

My laptop runs ultra hot, i got a cooling pad and it does wonders to increase the stability of hte system. Part of that is the fans and the the other part is picking it up to allow for better airflow to the laptops vents.

Also Vertis, you are a moron.

Repasting his gpu and cpu can do wonders... if you dont know anything about computers then dont post in threads like this... I cant validate his numbers but a good repasting and a cooling pad could see that kind of decrese in temperatures. I dont think you quite understand how important thermal paste is in the cooling system. Again Vertis you are a moron, and the kind of person who can only actually feel good about themselves on the internet surounded by other morons.

(on a side note i use my desktop for serious gaming... my laptop is junk for anything real).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]