Diablo® III

Best laptop cooling pads.

To those saying a few degress nocked off is nothing... it can be the difference between stability and crashing.

My laptop runs ultra hot, i got a cooling pad and it does wonders to increase the stability of hte system. Part of that is the fans and the the other part is picking it up to allow for better airflow to the laptops vents.

Also Vertis, you are a moron.

Repasting his gpu and cpu can do wonders... if you dont know anything about computers then dont post in threads like this... I cant validate his numbers but a good repasting and a cooling pad could see that kind of decrese in temperatures. I dont think you quite understand how important thermal paste is in the cooling system. Again Vertis you are a moron, and the kind of person who can only actually feel good about themselves on the internet surounded by other morons.

(on a side note i use my desktop for serious gaming... my laptop is junk for anything real).

again, pulling #s out of your behind won't help your argument.

and, learn to read, smart guy :)

I once did some repasting and used a laptop cooler and it shaved 500 degrees celsius mangg, gotta grab that cooler and do some repasting mang!! Oh, I don't have any evidence or proof to back it up YO :) BUT EVERYTHING IS TRUEE, EVERYTHING I SAID IS TRUE!!!!! you are in teh wrong!! <- sry, that's what you sound like..
Edited by VeritAsMVRL#1401 on 5/6/2012 4:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To those saying a few degress nocked off is nothing... it can be the difference between stability and crashing.

My laptop runs ultra hot, i got a cooling pad and it does wonders to increase the stability of hte system. Part of that is the fans and the the other part is picking it up to allow for better airflow to the laptops vents.

Also Vertis, you are a moron.

Repasting his gpu and cpu can do wonders... if you dont know anything about computers then dont post in threads like this... I cant validate his numbers but a good repasting and a cooling pad could see that kind of decrese in temperatures. I dont think you quite understand how important thermal paste is in the cooling system. Again Vertis you are a moron, and the kind of person who can only actually feel good about themselves on the internet surounded by other morons.

(on a side note i use my desktop for serious gaming... my laptop is junk for anything real).

again, pulling #s out of your behind won't help your argument.

and, learn to read, smart guy :)

I once did some repasting and used a laptop cooler and it shaved 500 degrees celsius mangg, gotta grab that cooler and do some repasting mang!! Oh, I don't have any evidence or proof to back it up YO :) BUT EVERYTHING IS TRUEE, EVERYTHING I SAID IS TRUE!!!!! you are in teh wrong!! <- sry, that's what you sound like..

http://vitobotta.com/massive-temperature-drop-on-mbp-with-new-thermal-paste/

Just grabed that off the web (2 second search)... and there are many other people with similar stories...

If his thermal paste job was not that great stock its very concivable that repasting the CPU and GPU as well as a cooling pad could yield 20degree drop in temperature. Give yourself 10-15 years and you will realize you dont know everything.

Not going to respond after this. As i think you are just trolling at this point (or just plain stupid)

Life is going to be hard for you...
Reply Quote

http://vitobotta.com/massive-temperature-drop-on-mbp-with-new-thermal-paste/

Just grabed that off the web (2 second search)... and there are many other people with similar stories...

If his thermal paste job was not that great stock its very concivable that repasting the CPU and GPU as well as a cooling pad could yield 20degree drop in temperature. Give yourself 10-15 years and you will realize you dont know everything.

Not going to respond after this. As i think you are just trolling at this point (or just plain stupid)

Life is going to be hard for you...

I am sure this is a credible source, because he clearly sells the paste on his site...........

oh wait.....that's not obvious enough....

dude, start biking, quit driving.

I am gonna sell you this bike that goes 2934802 miles per hour man, and you don't even have to pedal!! It's green, it's fast, it only costs 25 grand :)

Baited me in for one more post..

The guy does not appear to sell anything on his site.. furthmore here is a quote from the article

"So, I just decided to do it myself, and therefore I purchased one of the best thermal compounds available at the moment, the IC Diamond 7 Carat - you can find a small syringe on ebay for a few quids. Here's how the syringe looks like:"

Sure sounds like he is trying to get you to buy it from him.

So much troll power... must not look at thread again... 9/10 for getting me involved to this degree.
Reply Quote
I personally use 2 deck of cards to raise the back of my laptop.
Reply Quote
they all suck, at the very best, you can pbly shave off 2~3 degrees celsius, which is nothing if your laptop already runs at 70.

Completely untrue. My laptop used to run at around 80-90c depending on what kinda game I was playing.

So I bought a coolmaster u3, which is nice because u can position the fans as you like to align with the air intakes on ur laptop. I also repasted my cpu and gpu (which also helped a lot).

Anyway, with the cooling pad on high, I almost never go over 60c. Which is a rather significant improvement from high 80s.

The repasting of your heat sinks is what dropped the temps, not the fan. Cooling pads are pretty bad when it comes to reducing system heat.

Unless you have your laptop sitting on a block of ice, external cooling sources are NEVER going to be effective at reducing system heat.
Edited by ShadowDark#1420 on 5/6/2012 4:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I use the Cooler Master X Slim Notebook Cooler ($17USD) for my Alienware M14x Laptop and i love it!
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 08:00 PMPosted by VeritAs
they all suck, at the very best, you can pbly shave off 2~3 degrees celsius, which is nothing if your laptop already runs at 70.

Not true, I have a laptop cooling "pad" that makes the laptop run colder than when it is off, lol...

This looks similar to what I have: http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Massive23-Notebook-Oversized-CLN0015/dp/B003ZUXXWO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1336307007&sr=8-5

Key thing is, you want a metal frame. Plastic frames bend under stress (like, having the laptop on them) and that can lead to the fan blades snapping, and that's bad.
Reply Quote
Sorry, here, this is the exact one that I have... it's... Amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G0WNFS/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00
Edited by Velexia#1926 on 5/6/2012 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm getting the Coolermaster U3 for my MacBook Pro.
Reply Quote
i got a crappy plastic cooling fan for my laptop and iv noticed a dramatic drop in heat on the computer. i have an alienware m14x and the cooling system in the laptop isnt the greatest but with the cooling pad pulling in cool air for the computers cooling system to take in iv noticed quite the difference in heat loss.

before the chill pad my laptops keys would be burning hot and so would the screen since then its almost like the computer wasnt even on
Reply Quote
I hope your gaming laptop treats you better than mine did. I bought 2 of the alienware gaming laptops and made sure the fans and heat sinks were always clean. I consistently cleaned the dust out every 2 weeks and made sure air was flowing through the cases as best as it could. I also did what you mentioned and re pasted the gpu and cpu to help improve cooling.
Sadly my efforts were in vain and both laptops died, one after a year and the other after three.

I am clearly not stating that yours will just the fact that it did not work for me.
After that I build my desktop with the original antec 900 case which I still use for builds.
This case has been amazing and the airflow is wonderful. I'm still using my old e8400 cpu and plan to upgrade soon, but I haven't had any cooling issues and am glad i made the switch to a desktop.

good luck to you and your cooling efforts
Reply Quote
I hope your gaming laptop treats you better than mine did. I bought 2 of the alienware gaming laptops and made sure the fans and heat sinks were always clean. I consistently cleaned the dust out every 2 weeks and made sure air was flowing through the cases as best as it could. I also did what you mentioned and re pasted the gpu and cpu to help improve cooling.
Sadly my efforts were in vain and both laptops died, one after a year and the other after three.

I am clearly not stating that yours will just the fact that it did not work for me.
After that I build my desktop with the original antec 900 case which I still use for builds.
This case has been amazing and the airflow is wonderful. I'm still using my old e8400 cpu and plan to upgrade soon, but I haven't had any cooling issues and am glad i made the switch to a desktop.

good luck to you and your cooling efforts

i went from an olddesktop to the laptop mostly for portability
Reply Quote
Lets say ''good'' laptops are for gamers who do not only ''play games''.
Reply Quote
Looks like VeritAs has something personal against cooling pads...lighten up man.
Reply Quote
Cooling pads are great for laptops. Don't bother with the desktop elitists who like to disregard anything laptop as useless.
Personally I use a cooling pad for my laptop and it makes a world of difference.
I wouldn't be picky over which one you choose however, as long as it blows air and raises your laptop up off the surface it's going to work.
They aren't miracle devices but will help to prolong the life of your hardware.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I bought a cooling pad, and now my laptop gets frost on the screen, please help.

Edit: I also bought some thermal paste, but was too lazy to take things apart so I just squeezed it in the little cracks in the keyboard, works wonders.
Edited by Jan#1726 on 5/6/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/05/2012 08:46 PMPosted by SawtoothGrin
rofl whats a gaming laptop besides a waste of money. Get a desk top

I travel for work, and I'm not taking my desktop with me.

For this, my laptop > your desktop

At home, desktop is definitely the winner.

Good day sir.
Reply Quote
TBH if you have to use a cooling pad to make your laptop run stable it probably indicates there is another problem, most likely laptop full of dust which is easily solvable with a hoover and a screwdriver, next most likely, poorly seated CPU heat-sink so you need to remove and repaste it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]