Diablo® III

Follower Resource and Stat Questions

90 Draenei Shaman
05/22/2012 02:58 AMPosted by Dispellado
Should we even care about follower damage increase? Unless you have some unwieldly weapon (in which case why aren't YOU the hero using it?) then the damage is poor at best. As far as I can gather, at least up through Hell Difficulty, their damage is worthless even with good equipment, so why not just stack Vit so they can live long enough to either absorb hits or cast their crowd control?

This is a good point. Would like to know thoughts on this
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 02:03 AMPosted by paff
Equipping followers with +resource has no effect.

Kinda missleading. My templar got bonus for life steal on hes weapon, and dexterity gives him a nice dodge bonus, and int gives him magic resistance. Ahh also he gets the bonus dmg from an amulet.

Its not misleading at all, resource refers to fury, mana, arcane, etc.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Hanbal
Magic and Gold find on your follower is added to your own, but at a great penalty, I've read -80%.

Can anyone confirm?
Reply Quote
That's exactly how it works! Great job.

It's not working good enough. the only thing that I've seen that's REMOTELY effective at increasing the followers' damage are rings that have +damage.

I'm in act IV hell doing 12k-15k dps (estimated average) and my templar is doing 100 damage per swing. That's crap. The followers are of absolutely no benefit. In fact many times, my follower is more of a hinderance than a helper, as they draw enemies away from where I want them while contributing absolutely nothing to the actual combat.

The idea of the follower in D2 was to give the single player people a helper that could support them, not AS WELL as another player, but well enough to improve your survivability.

give the d3 followers some freaking auras or something.

07/10/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Ficholas
Magic and Gold find on your follower is added to your own, but at a great penalty, I've read -80%.

Can anyone confirm?

yes. do some research. that bar at the top right of the window... the white one? Yeah the one that says "search diablo III".
Edited by Entropic#1447 on 7/11/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My Enchantress does 4.8k damage, and her Force Push does 28k. I admit, they are pretty stacked (amulet +200 intelligence, follower relic +160 int, rings, +130 and + 150 int, Staff 1100 dps)

So yeah, they can do some good damage, just need to equip them the right way.
They also have auras (Templar +resource generation, + regen; Scoundrel +crit% chance, +10%damage after crit, Enchantress +3% attack speed, +15% armor)
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 02:58 AMPosted by Dispellado
Should we even care about follower damage increase? Unless you have some unwieldly weapon (in which case why aren't YOU the hero using it?) then the damage is poor at best. As far as I can gather, at least up through Hell Difficulty, their damage is worthless even with good equipment, so why not just stack Vit so they can live long enough to either absorb hits or cast their crowd control?

My enchantress and scoundrel both do 5k+ dps. They have 30k hp. Stats are multiplied when equipped on the followers because of their - dmg starting penalty. Vit doesn't help. Because they don't move out of aoe spells like desecrate molten plague, etc. it doesn't matter how much health they have. They're going to die. Better for the dps increase or mf increase.
Reply Quote

yes. do some research. that bar at the top right of the window... the white one? Yeah the one that says "search diablo III".

thanks guy
Reply Quote

thanks guy

I've done some testing and to my knowlodge the penalty is "only" 75%. So you get 25% of the mf/gf you put on your followers.

You can test this easily enough by giving your follower a piece of equipment with x mf or gf and then checking how much your corresponding stat has increased.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]