Build in Mic and Web Camera !
2GB nVidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB vram GDDR5 DX11
Super Multi 8x DVD+RW -Write DVD and CD
3D Audio with EAX Advanced HD 4.0
4G WiMAX and WIFI A/G/N Wireless Card

Windows 7 Premium 64bit

$1,345 au?

heres a link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ASUS-GAMING-G74SX-LAPTOP-17-3-2nd-Gen-i7-2-93Ghz-16GB-nVIDIA-560M-GAMING-/360417568374?pt=AU_comp_laptop&hash=item53ea8fa676#ht_8083wt_1321
Edited by Adzy#1847 on 5/6/2012 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's got nice specs, but I found when looking for a laptop last year hardware specs weren't what differentiated laptops for me.

Overlooked things imo are keyboard quality, layout of the mousepad/keyboard and body design, mouse gesture system, peripheral positions and options, battery life, running noise, heat production and weight. As well as manufacturer support - but asus is good so I wouldn't worry about that one. Some people also expect certain speaker quality. A lot of this isn't covered well in technical specs.

Overall I find if I can't try it out in person, see how it handles, I can't make an informed decision. But if you like it, and you like the price, go for it.
Edited by Icey#6585 on 5/7/2012 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
heat and graph card compatibility are the 2 biggest factors, i play with a similar laptop with a wireless mouse, USB keyboard high def widescreen monitor, so it's not really an issue. There is a list of supported graph cards on the forums if you do a search. Your mentioned laptop is great, just make sure it is a stand alone graph card.
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Icey
Overlooked things imo are keyboard quality, layout of the mousepad/keyboard and body design, mouse gesture system, peripheral positions and options, battery life, running noise, heat production and weight.

I have to admit you make a really important point. As I have owned a few laptops now, I have found that these factors are really important when considering a laptop purchase. You can't just look at the specs alone.

That laptop looks fine for the purposes of Diablo 3. : )
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I would recommend the smaller 15inch g53sx. I was going to get a g74 untill i found how big they are! LIKE HOLY CRAP THEY WEIGH SO MUCH.

So i got the g53sx same specs just smaller and i love it. (still weighs a bit, and not very portable. But it pwns game's)
Reply Quote
I have the G72JH A2 a previous model from this one. I have no issue with heat because this lappy is build for gaming and have quite effective cooling system. I would say it is a good deal. I've been using my for many years...never RMA or claim anything.
Reply Quote
what about warrenty, service and dealer support?
Reply Quote
What a coincidence, this is the exact laptop that I bought the other day... from the same ebay seller... for Diablo III! :)
It's arriving tomorrow in the mail, I'll let you know if it's any good or not!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]