Diablo® III

Why is Diablo still alive ?????

Since, his soulstone has been crushed in the hell forge and he was sent back to the Black Abyss, I'm wondering why is he still alive, why not Baal, not Mephisto ????

Side question:
In the Black Soulstone trailer, Azmodan indicates that he wants to become the Prime Evil, but in the Book of Cain, Derick Cain says "Lesser Evil is as powerful as Prime Evil" (Not exact quote, but it's something like that), so why does he want to become a Prime Evil, what is the Benefit?

Side question 2:
Does anyone want Duriel to back in Diablo III? The most difficult boss in Diablo 2(personal opinion) it would be awesome to fight him again in Diablo III :)
Edited by RoyalFlush#1437 on 5/7/2012 10:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Your first question has no 'concrete' answer at the moment simply because we don't have enough information. We'll find out when we all play the game. Another point about that is that up until now, there is no way to permanently 'kill' a higher demon (meaning any of the Prime or Lesser Evils). Once they have been slain, their essences go back to the Black Abyss to be born again, hence the "Eternal War."

Side question: Since the lore has been changed to make them (more or less) equal, its hard to ascertain the difference now. One might assume it is simply a leadership title and being a Prime Evil establishes dominance over the other Evils.

Side question 2: While I don't believe we'll be seeing him in D3, I'm sure the developers have crafted enough frustrating confrontations to keep our rage up and have us constantly throwing our keyboards against the wall for dying to Duriel in Hardcore for the 122nd time... ;)
Reply Quote
Your first question has no 'concrete' answer at the moment simply because we don't have enough information. We'll find out when we all play the game. Another point about that is that up until now, there is no way to permanently 'kill' a higher demon (meaning any of the Prime or Lesser Evils). Once they have been slain, their essences go back to the Black Abyss to be born again, hence the "Eternal War."

Side question: Since the lore has been changed to make them (more or less) equal, its hard to ascertain the difference now. One might assume it is simply a leadership title and being a Prime Evil establishes dominance over the other Evils.

Side question 2: While I don't believe we'll be seeing him in D3, I'm sure the developers have crafted enough frustrating confrontations to keep our rage up and have us constantly throwing our keyboards against the wall for dying to Duriel in Hardcore for the 122nd time... ;)

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated...
I just cannot wait for the truth to be uncovered!
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Abeer
for dying to Duriel in Hardcore for the 122nd time... ;)

I can vouch for that. My friend and I recently played some Diablo 2 Hardcore on the new ladder and he died to Duriel on normal. Prince of Pain indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Noobs....you must use freeze against Duriel, otherwise u r doomed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/06/2012 11:42 PMPosted by AstonMartin
In the Black Soulstone trailer, Azmodan indicates that he wants to become the Prime Evil, but in the Book of Cain, Derick Cain says "Lesser Evil is as powerful as Prime Evil" (Not exact quote, but it's something like that), so why does he want to become a Prime Evil, what is the Benefit?

I'm still new to the Diablo Universe but from what I understand Azmodan doesn't want to be a Prime Evil, he wants to be THE Prime Evil. The Prime Evil being Tathamet. I've been reading a lot of speculation as to his involvement in the story and imo it sounds pretty amazing so I hope it's true!

There's also a lot of speculation as to Diablo's role in the story, you should scan the forum a bit it's really interesting. :)
Edited by Chaplin#1585 on 5/7/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think his reasoning for saying "THE Prime Evil" is simply that he wants to rule over all of the Burning Hells. While traditionally Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto were the three Prime Evils, none of the three were ever really considered higher than the others. Ironically, they all ruled on equal levels.

Azmodan is just a bit more ambitious than the others and wants it all to himself. :P

And yea, there's a ton of speculation on the forums, but its just that: speculation. Unless you've datamined the story already, we don't have enough information to establish concrete facts about Diablo's role. Still, its fun to browse around if you're bored. ;D
Reply Quote
My question is why in the Blacksoul stone vid. Why does evil always insist on telling good its plot? LOL
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/08/2012 09:44 AMPosted by DarkEvilDead
My question is why in the Blacksoul stone vid. Why does evil always insist on telling good its plot? LOL

If these speculations about diablo sharing a link with Leah are true then Azmodan could very well be speaking to Diablo. Leah's connection to him could be allowing her to see some things through his eyes. Maybe.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I'm pretty sure Azmodan is talking to diablo. He says: "I DEFY YOU" at some part. And i'm certain
he isn't referring to Leah...A harmless 20 year old girl.
On the cene, there are thrones, and a big red and taller throne, which i suspect is from Diablo himself, which is also red.
And azmodan is not coming from the throne, he is coming from the floor, to surprise and defy Diablo, to take his place as the new prime Evil.

HOWEVER, if this is not true, then the developers are really insane... and i would have to agree with DarkEvilDead when he asks why the hell would a grat evil tell a 20 year old girl his master plan of conquering the world with the blacksoulstone before even finding where it is???
Reply Quote
Leah is the daughter of Aidan(The Dark Wanderor and the witch Adria)....Perhaps she grew up with an imprint of Diablo herself inside her. which might help explain the visions she keeps having of Diablo returning to our world(I remember the new D3 intro vid, where Leah has a vision of angels and demons fighting and diablo rising out of the ground)
Reply Quote
In the black soulstone cinematic, Azmodan says "one by one *OUR* brethren fell right into your trap.. But I defy you." This pretty much proves he's speaking to Diablo.

Here's my personal take on the plot [potential spoilers..?]:
-Diablo is unleashed in Diablo 1, is defeated but compels the champion to put his soulstone in them.
-He charms adria to have sexy time with him so he can impregnate her, thus leaving an unsuspecting vessel of his spirit in sanctuary (adria was a powerful witch, maybe because of this she was closer to being the almighty nephalem than the average human)
-Diablo travels to the east to free his brothers: Not to really free them, just to manipulate them and then have them truly destroyed (sent to the Black Abyss).
-Once they are freed, he convinces Baal to travel to the worldstone chamber.
-Once Mephisto is destroyed, Diablo allows himself to be defeated so he can later manifest himself in the semi-nephalem/demon Leah.
-Baal is defeated at the worldstone chamber, but contaminates the worldstone, forcing tyreal to destroy it. All soulstones are destroyed, sending them to the Abyss.
-Now that the worldstone is no more, angels and demons are free to enter sanctuary. This does 2 things: 1) turns sanctuary into a battlefield, distracting heaven and hell from his efforts to become the prime evil, and 2) provides opportunity to have Azmodan and Beliel enter sanctuary to be destroyed and sent to the Black Abyss.
-Diablo's dormant evil within Leah compels her to locate the black soulstone, which has the power to bring demons back from the Black Abyss. He has her use it to summon him into her body, becoming more powerful than ever since it's Leah, the last remaining Horadrim and semi-demon/nephalem. He then uses it to summon the souls of his brothers into his new body, under his control (hence the 3 heads on diablo in cinematics). His ultimate goal is to absorb all of the 7 evils to become THE prime evil, Tathemet, and destroy heaven once and for all!

I have not played Tyreal into this plot either, because I have a few theories as to his significance. Shazaam!
Edited by deadpenguins#1190 on 5/8/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lillith was an "uber" in diablo 2 added in later patches. I'd be surprised if she was still around.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 01:44 PMPosted by KimJungEun
In the black soulstone cinematic, Azmodan says "one by one *OUR* brethren fell right into your trap.. But I defy you." This pretty much proves he's speaking to Diablo.

I think he talks to Lillith...we'll see

Why would he say "defy" if he was talking to Lilith ? Lilith is lower than Azmodan. You use "defy" against someone higher than you who tells/forces you to do something. Its most definitely one of the Prime Evils, most likely Diablo.

05/06/2012 11:42 PMPosted by AstonMartin
Since, his soulstone has been crushed in the hell forge and he was sent back to the Black Abyss, I'm wondering why is he still alive, why not Baal, not Mephisto ????

It has already been asnwered but I wanted to repeat it. Prime Evils cannot be killed.
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 11:45 PMPosted by SKORPIQN
Diablo is or is inside Leah, his daughter. That is why he remains.

DUMB. Honestly, everyone is saying this.

SPOILER::::
::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::
Since we have found out that the "dark wanderer" or hero from the first game got a woman pregnant after being corrupted by diablo, before heading east, and that the child is LEAH....that clearly means she is NOT diablo. Since her father was already corrupted with his spirit, she can't be diablo. Diablo cant just make copies of himself. She was still a young girl when the events of Diablo 2 happened.

so yeah, bad theory.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Blizzard once Stated that there is no possession like stuff in the Diablo universe, and thus i don't believe leah will transform into Diablo or something, but it can be that Leah has a native implied portion of diablo, which eventually provides her with those visions, which are in fact, memories from diablo himself,as we can see while Azmodan is talking to Diablo, and Leah perceives the situation as if it was she who was there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]