Diablo® III

ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues *Update*

Community Manager
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

Update
This issue has now been resolved in the AMD Catalyst 12.4a hotfix driver. Users of the ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards are the only AMD customers who need to download this hotfix driver.
Edited by Bashiok on 5/9/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
I have an HD6850, please open the servers now so I can confirm it works. Kthx.
Reply Quote
Didn't know 6000 wasn't affected, I did reverted back to 12.3 though
Reply Quote
sorry for the coment but... Im glad that i have a NVIDIA :P

my last PC had a ATI and ive come to NVIDIA after continous crashes on games (maybe its just something model related, but its my PERSONAL experience)
Edited by Trevisan#2645 on 5/7/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So the "amd 12.4 drivers are not supported" has changed? I assume this means I can keep them installed since I run 6950's.
Reply Quote
Oh whew mine is unaffected. This is great to know thanks!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update!
Reply Quote
sorry for the coment but... Im glad that i have a NVIDIA :P

my last PC had a ATI and ive come to NVIDIA after continous crashes on games (maybe its just something model related, but its my PERSONAL experience)

My last 5 cards have been ATI/AMD. I have never had any crashes, except some MMOs that are known to crash after several hours due to memory leaks. Oh, and when my hard drive crashed.
Reply Quote
I got the 6970 2GB card with the 12.4 drivers. I'm SAFE!
Reply Quote
Glad you guys got this out before launch
Reply Quote
Well, hopefully AMD comes out with a CAP that fixes it for everyone.
Reply Quote
A change my ATI card for a GeForce GTX because a like more NVIDIA..more sample and less bug.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads-up Bashiok. I'm running Win 7 64bit with a ATI 6870 card; Catalyst ver 12.3. BTW the beta ran flawlessly and the graphics were great!!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
I always had problems with ATI's drivers. That was the biggest reason I made a switch to NVIDIA. Once you go green you never go back...
Reply Quote
I can't say I can agree with that.
My 6750m saw a HUGE decrease in performance upon upgrading to 12.4.
No changes, just upgraded the drivers and got awful FPS.
Reply Quote
Great to know, just double checked and I have 12.3!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]