Diablo® III

ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues *Update*

I uninstalled the driver that I had and installed the 12.4, it still tell me that I need to update to the 12.4!!! wth??

anyone have the same problem?

games run perfect though.
Reply Quote
I am using ECC 12.4 and playing Diablo well
HD 6850
Reply Quote
I am using ECC 12.4 and playing Diablo well
HD 6850

I have the same problem whateer I do catalyst tries to update it to 12.4 again.
Reply Quote
Im using a HD6970, runs good, even with this update bug.. Ill try the 12.6 beta.
Reply Quote
I say blizzard broke it, I haven't played for a few weeks and so tonight it had some updates waiting for me. So I waited for it to install and then I am getting BSODs, crashes to desktop, lockups, etc. My graphics drivers have not changed one bit, I played the game without a single crash until these updates I got tonight. Not sure what has been updated in the last 2-3 weeks but that's the last time I played.

I was on 12.4 and I tried drivers all the way down to 12.1 and the exact same issues occur.

The one thing I did notice that is interesting is that after the update, it kept wanting me to agree to a new EULA or something right before it crashes. The interesting is that my mouse stops responding the entire time I am in D3. My keyboard however works just fine and I can at least login to my account. It is at this point that it wants me to agree to the modified EULA and then crashes.

Hope this is detailed enough.
Reply Quote
Old cards are a problem... old threads are a problem?
:P

No problems with my 6770 and my 6870... been buying too many cards this year xD
Reply Quote
There IS a issue with the ATI HD 5000 series! At least I have! I have ATI HD 5770 1Gb.
I can hear the sound but the screen goes black and then crashes to desktop.
I have the latest drivers 12.4 and as this topic says there should be no problems with this HD 5000 series.

Windows 7 64-bit
HD 5770 1Gb
Intel I5 760 3.8Ghz
Benq and Samsung screens
MSI motherboard
Reply Quote
So true man, i love Nvidia myself, but iv bought an 6870 for $170 (and now it costs $140), and the 560ti cost about $230, that's the 1 and only reason why amd/ati is better, because it's way cheaper. NVIDIA FOR THE WIN, I WILL GET 1 SOON!
Reply Quote
I'm running a hd 6850 and have had problems from day one. Even with rolling back my drivers.
Reply Quote
I am using a Sapphire hd 5700 series card from ati and i have random green dots on my screen
while playing D3, only in game not in menus...... will th driver help me as well?

Win Xp Pro 32bit
hd 5750 ATI
drivers 12-4

If i change the in game graphics settings,
(higher or lower, doesnt make a differance)
the dots dissapear, once game is relaunched they return

This is in the official game btw, as i did not get to play beta
Edited by Jist#1725 on 6/27/2012 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There IS a issue with the ATI HD 5000 series! At least I have! I have ATI HD 5770 1Gb.
I can hear the sound but the screen goes black and then crashes to desktop.
I have the latest drivers 12.4 and as this topic says there should be no problems with this HD 5000 series.

Windows 7 64-bit
HD 5770 1Gb
Intel I5 760 3.8Ghz
Benq and Samsung screens
MSI motherboard

i have the same issue ... 5770 win7 64... capt for me its memry leaking in SC2 :(
Reply Quote
ATI Have posted a fix for their 12.4 driver on their site now finally, I found un-installing 12.4 then reinstalling with the 12.4b during the start of the installation process worked great and it gets the driver on correctly and clean, just leaving me then in AMD Vision control readjusted my settings back to my preferred settings, the same principal I always do to avoid contamination or corruption.

I to did find when I just try to update it from the download console or onto my desktop and run it doesn't update; the registry confirms this to despite the installer says successful

The AMD ref for the D3 fix is GPU162, Presently my card can update to 12.6 but 12.4b appears to be working a dream now and im not getting the issues with graphics as much either now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]