Diablo® III

ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues *Update*

so if i have an HD 6850 im set right? i dont gotta worry about it?
Reply Quote
Anyone have issues trying to update to 12.4 and it keeps whatever previous version of Catalyst you were using? Im using HD 5850 btw
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

I have a 6870, and 12.4 gave me horrible artifacts when playing Skyrim, this isn't an isolated issue with D3.
Reply Quote
I have the 6950 so i am unaffected by this problem but i am facing an entirely separate problem with 12.4 with the hdmi audio- i have mine connected to an lcd tv and it refuses to detect the inbuilt speakers on it even though default is set to hdmi audio - never had any problems in earlier drivers. Checked around the internet and aparently some other people are also facing this. It is fixed by unplugging and replugging the hdmi cable but it is very annoying to do it every time you turn on the pc - so i will have to revert back to 12.3 anyways...
Reply Quote
i have a 5800. you didnt state if that was affected or not. am i safe or should i revert?

oh i get it. ive got a 5850 which is part of the 5000 series so im unafected
Edited by BIGtoe#1639 on 5/8/2012 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
05/08/2012 12:44 AMPosted by masterkaran
I have the 6950 so i am unaffected by this problem but i am facing an entirely separate problem with 12.4 with the hdmi audio- i have mine connected to an lcd tv and it refuses to detect the inbuilt speakers on it even though default is set to hdmi audio - never had any problems in earlier drivers. Checked around the internet and aparently some other people are also facing this. It is fixed by unplugging and replugging the hdmi cable but it is very annoying to do it every time you turn on the pc - so i will have to revert back to 12.3 anyways...

I'm having this same problem in addition to being unable to even open the CCC. When I try to it makes the little blue circle for a second like its gonna load up and then nothing happens...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
05/07/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Trevisan
my last PC had a ATI and ive come to NVIDIA after continous crashes on games (maybe its just something model related, but its my PERSONAL experience)

You are not the only person that experienced problems with catalyst drivers... Sorry to say but ATI makes great video card but are really bad at gettings drivers right. I spend too much money in the past on ATI cards... when i realised that the drivers where the problems, not the cards i decided to NEVER BUY AN ATI CARD IN MY LIFE AGAIN. Since that great decision i never had any problems with any video card ever.
Reply Quote
Okay so, im sorry but im an uber-noob in hardware.

I got a HD 6970 12.3, 10 minutes after reading this Topic my computer poped up asking me to update my catalyst to 12.4, should i ?

I'm asking cause Bashiok didnt say specifically if 6970 was unaffected, is it part of the 6000 series ? 7000 series ? if so, they are unaffected right ? even though he said ''6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.'' but im using in a Windows 7...

And in case im affected, wont i ever be able to update my driver ? or just for a while till they fix this problem ? Is it ok to not update my driver for too long ?

Please, give me some light, i dont wanna screw up my Diablo III experience :(
Edited by Doritos#1851 on 5/8/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay so, im sorry but im an uber-noob in hardware.

I got a HD 6970 12.3, 10 minutes after reading this Topic my computer poped up asking me to update my catalyst to 12.4, should i ?

I'm asking cause Bashiok didnt say specifically if 6970 was unaffected, is it part of the 6000 series ? 7000 series ? if so, they are unaffected right ? even though he said ''6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.'' but im using in a Windows 7...

And in case im affected, wont i ever be able to update my driver ? or just for a while till they fix this problem ? Is it ok to not update my driver for too long ?

Please, give me some light, i dont wanna screw up my Diablo III experience :(

By what they have said so far, you are unaffected. U can update it.
Reply Quote
I see, even thought im using a Windows 7 right ? (dont get why bashiok said 6000/7000 series are windows xp, whats that mean ?)

In case i dont update, is there a problem ? at least for a couple of months ?
Reply Quote
well good thing i was to lazy to update my drivers then
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Thanks for posting this. I had to revert back a couple of drivers for D3 beta to work again. Glad i figured this out before the game comes out.
Reply Quote
For those stating ATI cards are having issues with Catalyst 12.4, technically its correct, but the truth is the newest card that has an issue is the 4500 and that was produced in 2008. All the modern cards do not have an issue. Anyone looking for an answer to which card to use most likely is looking at newer cards and would not even consider something that old as an option.

That being said, card for card there are pros and cons for each. Pick the one you like, compare it to the other manufacturers direct competition for that card and make your choice based on that. Stop listening to others(myself included) on which is better or worse. Take the specs, cost, and track record of each into account and you still will probably be just as correct no matter which you choose.
Reply Quote
ITT: People talking about NVIDIA cards when that has nothing to do whatsoever with the topic.
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Gepidae
Anyone have issues trying to update to 12.4 and it keeps whatever previous version of Catalyst you were using? Im using HD 5850 btw

Do a driver wipe.

Uninstall "all AMD software" using the same software you use to install the drivers.

Restart, and install 12.4.

Restart, and your good to go.
Reply Quote
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

I have an HD4850 and Catalyst 12.4 installed on Windows 7 but when I tried to launch Diablo 3 beta it just stated that I have incompatible hardware (or something along that line). Will this still be the case (game doesn't even try to start) at release or was it just beta feature? I had been playing without porblems in the beta before Catalyst 12.4.

I would expect not to encounter problems since HD4850 should't be affected but I'm just worried becaus of how the beta reacted.
Reply Quote
i was just "Oh crap, did the update yesterday."

but then i noticed that my vga is off the records.
Reply Quote
Do a driver wipe.

Uninstall "all AMD software" using the same software you use to install the drivers.

Restart, and install 12.4.

Restart, and your good to go.

Just tried that and also tried 12.3 just in case it was a 12.4 issue. Still no luck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]